Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

31 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Tarkowski is burnley's best player though.

Im sure theres a debate to be had here. But age is a huge part of value. When thats considered, I honestly cant see how  JT is a 50m player and DM just 32. 

Doesnt add up

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

£10m over priced imo. But saying that, we  have form. Wasn’t it £30m we paid for Perez? - another overpriced.

Every player at every club is over priced. Clubs try and get as much as they can for their players. You can’t blame them. We do the same with our players. Chilwell being a prime example. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

Can't wait to see him on one side and Albrighton on the other spending the whole game fizzing crosses to eachother

Maybe weve accepted we cant get Slimani off the books so we are going to embrace the lump

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

£10m over priced imo. But saying that, we  have form. Wasn’t it £30m we paid for Perez? - another overpriced.

In fairness think the difference is age. 20 and with an English premium McNeil should hold his value pretty well. Think even with a couple of mediocre seasons we should get the majority of that back. 

But hopefully he’ll excel and could be worth much more than the reported £32 million soon. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lambert09 said:

Maybe weve accepted we cant get Slimani off the books so we are going to embrace the lump

Haha mate if that's the case I actually can't wait. He's going to set the record for headed goals in a season

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

30m gets you an Ayoze Perez. It doesn't normally get you a 20 year old Englishman that shits assists.

We overpaid for Perez, and we'd be overpaying by at least 10m for this lad. It's a seller's market for homegrown and Burnley will be pissing themselves if we pay that level of fee. If you value him at 32m that's fine, we're going to disagree.

• Like 2

Love that people seem to care how much we play for players :D like it really matters! If we have proved anything in the last 10 years it's that our owners no what they are doing. For every Silva, Slimani and there is a Maddison and soyunchu.

Like most of us spending 75p on a kit Kat. You know it's expensive but if it's what you want you will pay it. 

2 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

We overpaid for Perez, and we'd be overpaying by at least 10m for this lad. It's a seller's market for homegrown and Burnley will be pissing themselves if we pay that level of fee. If you value him at 32m that's fine, we're going to disagree.

It's just the current rate.

I'm trying to picture a Man Utd. fan reading your comment with a straight face. We think Slabhead is worth £80m, and a year later value a 20yr old English PL winger at £22m max?

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

Love that people seem to care how much we play for players :D like it really matters! If we have proved anything in the last 10 years it's that our owners no what they are doing. For every Silva, Slimani and there is a Maddison and soyunchu.

Like most of us spending 75p on a kit Kat. You know it's expensive but if it's what you want you will pay it. 

Except we have a budget - and not a particularly big one compared to the clubs we're trying to compete with for top four spots. If you think it doesn't matter how much we pay for players I really don't know what to say.

• Like 1

Just now, goose2010 said:

I think it's so weird that some fans don't care. Of course it matters! Are you saying you wouldn't care if we spunked our whole season's budget on two Burnley players? Wouldn't you much rather we got 4 or 5 bargains with the same cash?

I don't want to see my club waste its money. Odd that others don't mind it.

You probably wouldn't spend 75p on a Kitkat if the shop next door is selling 3 for 50p.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Guest said:

Except we have a budget - and not a particularly big one compared to the clubs we're trying to compete with for top four spots. If you think it doesn't matter how much we pay for players I really don't know what to say.

How do you know this? Didn't read the press release when our budgets were explained. It's a business these days and I'm sure they know what there doing. Numbers that are quote are rarely right as well there is usually a lot of add ons and ifs and buts. Honestly it's laughable that us fans think we know how football works these days. 

Just now, Raw Dykes said:

It's just the current rate.

I'm trying to picture a Man Utd. fan reading your comment with a straight face. We think Slabhead is worth £80m, and a year later value a 20yr old English PL winger at £22m max?

As I said it's a seller's market in the UK. It's hugely overinflated. Everyone wet themselves laughing at Maguire's sale and still does. I did. If people want to believe there's value in a 32m, and perhaps not spending abroad and getting better value for money, and trying to spread some of our budget across other areas that need addressing, then that's up to them.

We'll do the same when we sell our assets. Burnley don't have to sell, and can call the shots. 

3 minutes ago, Guest said:

And you know how?? I am certain you or anyone else on this forum has any idea of budgets. 

Nor does anyone else here understand the structure of any previous or future deals. It’s fine saying a deal worth 32 mil. But the structure of the deal is what really matters. Not the end value. 

Simple business and financial management. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think it's so weird that some fans don't care. Of course it matters! Are you saying you wouldn't care if we spunked our whole season's budget on two Burnley players? Wouldn't you much rather we got 4 or 5 bargains with the same cash?

I don't want to see my club waste its money. Odd that others don't mind it.

You probably wouldn't spend 75p on a Kitkat if the shop next door is selling 3 for 50p.

If it's what the club wants and thinks we need who are we to question it? 

Proven premier league players are where we should be looking as well as taking a a couple of calculated risks on loans. 

So you would rather pay 3 for £1 on something no one even knows if it's a kit Kat under that wrapper or pay your 75p for something you know is? ;)

Maybe the transfer forum isn't for me :D