Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

7 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

How do you know this? Didn't read the press release when our budgets were explained. It's a business these days and I'm sure they know what there doing. Numbers that are quote are rarely right as well there is usually a lot of add ons and ifs and buts. Honestly it's laughable that us fans think we know how football works these days. 

5 minutes ago, Aeropars said:

And you know how?? I am certain you or anyone else on this forum has any idea of budgets. 

Nor does anyone else here understand the structure of any previous or future deals. It’s fine saying a deal worth 32 mil. But the structure of the deal is what really matters. Not the end value. 

Simple business and financial management. 

You're asking me how I know we've got less to spend on transfers than teams like Chelsea, Man Utd and Man City?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Can we have a thread called 'Things Brendan/Congerton might do and I'm going to get totally wound up over before the fact'?

We already have that. Its called the "will Brendan Rodgers be judged" thread. I'm sure Lee won't mind if you add him to the title.:)

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

You're asking me how I know we've got less to spend on transfers than teams like Chelsea, Man Utd and Man City?

Nope not at all we are not in the same league as them when we come to transfers and will probably never will be. So spending our budget on the right players is key and if thats in two players from Burnley then fine. Risking it on some unproven kid rarely works. 

15 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think it's so weird that some fans don't care. Of course it matters! Are you saying you wouldn't care if we spunked our whole season's budget on two Burnley players? Wouldn't you much rather we got 4 or 5 bargains with the same cash?

I don't want to see my club waste its money. Odd that others don't mind it.

You probably wouldn't spend 75p on a Kitkat if the shop next door is selling 3 for 50p.

The trouble is finding those 4 to 5 bargains is next to impossible for the level of player we want

2 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

The trouble is finding those 4 to 5 bargains is next to impossible for the level of player we want

I know. I'm not saying it's easy to do that. I was just trying to make the point that I'd rather the club get value for money than just fritter it away.

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

How much would we want for Harvey Barnes? (similar stats but two years older).

I feel like we could buy him today for that and then sell him for a profit tomorrow. He suffers from the fact he doesn't play for a fashionable club.

Fashionable Club ffs ???

Have you seen what Madders and Chilly wear on their holidays???? 

• Haha 1

£32m could be a shrewd bit of business for McNeil, if he were indeed to improve. He’s only 20 and the club must see something in him to even think about committing to a deal. 

The thing about the Perez deal is that he was just what we needed and at just the right price. Yes, we’re all desperate for a Mahrezesque winger, but it’s very difficult in this market to find that sort of player for the budget we have. Instead, Perez was immediately available at a certain price and could fulfil a very specific type of role for the team. Newcastle wanted the money and we wanted the player; we shortcut a few weeks of haggling and looking for alternatives. 8 goals and 4 assists isn’t enough for some, but he’s experienced and can be a very useful squad member going forward. Crucially he doesn’t cost us a bomb in wages (£45k pw). Good deal all round to be honest. 

McNeil is much younger and could be worth much much more in the future.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

£32m could be a shrewd bit of business for McNeil, if he were indeed to improve. He’s only 20 and the club must see something in him to even think about committing to a deal. 

The thing about the Perez deal is that he was just what we needed and at just the right price. Yes, we’re all desperate for a Mahrezesque winger, but it’s very difficult in this market to find that sort of player for the budget we have. Instead, Perez was immediately available at a certain price and could fulfil a very specific type of role for the team. Newcastle wanted the money and we wanted the player; we shortcut a few weeks of haggling and looking for alternatives. 8 goals and 4 assists isn’t enough for some, but he’s experienced and can be a very useful squad member going forward. Crucially he doesn’t cost us a bomb in wages (£45k pw). Good deal all round to be honest. 

8 goals 4 assists is a good output imo, it's the rest of his play that's not right for a starting right winger. We needed someone more dynamic than perez, someone who can stretch the play when needed, make runs in behind, progess the ball from our half, all of which perez doesnt really do. 

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

We could go out and sign Benhrama tomorrow If we wanted him and for a lot less than McNeil will cost. 

Thats about as Mahrezesque as you can find 

If any of this bollocks is true then £30m ish is the going rate for an established premier League player, especially someone who is probably their clubs best player. People are happy to spunk £20m plus on a championship player.

Probably better value abroad, but people just assume that these players have any interest coming to Leicester whatsoever. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

We could go out and sign Benhrama tomorrow If we wanted him and for a lot less than McNeil will cost. 

Thats about as Mahrezesque as you can find 

Rather have MacNeil than benrahma ....... benrahma is a bigger risk option imo and has less development potential. (And therefore less sell on value)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

About as credible as Sean. 

Yet people hang off their every word.

As for McNeil, our fan base is accelerating towards "serious entitlement" judging by some of the replies.

The kid looks massively talented. He's English and he'll cost top dollar.

Gerrimin!

Any updates 🙏🙏🤩

10 hours ago, goose2010 said:

How do you know this? Didn't read the press release when our budgets were explained. It's a business these days and I'm sure they know what there doing. Numbers that are quote are rarely right as well there is usually a lot of add ons and ifs and buts. Honestly it's laughable that us fans think we know how football works these days. 

What's laughable about his post? 

He said we have a budget: literally every business on the planet does. 

He said we can't spend as much as most of the big boys: we can't, it doesn't take a business insider to know we can't and won't spend what Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City do. 

What's all that shocking about either statement? 

All this talk of the budget we have.... we’re not going to come out and say we have a 200m warchest as teams will add a couple of digits onto their asking price, the budget may be correct but it might just be a decent leak to drive prices down 👀

There will be new faces and they all seem to come without any hint of media speculation about whom we’re interested in.  However I am quite worried that with just four weeks we’ve not freshened up at all yet.  It has been over a year now since our last permanent signing.  Even John Percy is very quiet

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

So no news is standard, but not even a whisper? And four weeks to kick off. Too soon to panic but the squad that finished last season, with the injuries & suspensions it has to cope with, well it wouldn’t do well would it?

It could be a good sign. We like to do business quietly. Could mean we're getting better at doing that. Some of our signings come totally out of the blue. I'm sure the club are hard at work trying to strengthen. I doubt they think the squad needs no additions.

I wouldn't worry about it. Still 2 months of this to go yet.

• Like 1