Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

2 hours ago, iniesta said:

As somebody with Slavic roots, would I not be entitled to find this historical whitewashing in bad taste?

As someone who also has Slavic roots, that’s up to you, but how do you feel historical Slavic slavery affects modern Slavic populations? 

3 minutes ago, LCFCbwoi said:

Ahhh mate, I made this when I was a kid, aren’t you that guy who claimed to be ITK?

he didn’t say they should ONLY be investing in black shops but investing in black owned business’ and with the issues around systemic racism this will help try and close these disparities? I could name many sectors where black people are sold stuff, for their community, from non black owners. Caribbean shops don’t mean mixed raced shops btw, I’d increase your knowledge on the term 

Who’s ‘these’ people mate? I’m not really getting what you’re saying? I think I’m half of one of ‘these’ people and half of ‘your’ people, and honestly racism IS NOT the same across the board. I think you’re basically saying that you saw a black person call a white person a ‘white bastard’ once, and somehow this equates to racism being the same across the border? Either way you’re basically saying you’re part of that ‘all lives matter’ crowd.

You didn’t say that, you claimed that people have been suggesting that people are racist if they complain about social distancing.

I’d suggest maybe changing it. But yeah ITK me. Know everything. I’ve not said half the stuff you’ve come out with there, so you crack on, but let’s be clear on one thing - please don’t tell me “what I’m basically saying”. You clearly have no idea of what I’m saying, as I’m certainly not part of this “all lives matter” stuff. And no I am not “basically saying” I’ve seen it happen once. So get your facts right before you start challenging an individual on what you clearly don’t know what I’ve seen, heard or believe. 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

I’d suggest maybe changing it. But yeah ITK me. Know everything. I’ve not said half the stuff you’ve come out with there, so you crack on, but let’s be clear on one thing - please don’t tell me “what I’m basically saying”. You clearly have no idea of what I’m saying, as I’m certainly not part of this “all lives matter” stuff. And no I am not “basically saying” I’ve seen it happen once. So get your facts right before you start challenging an individual on what you clearly don’t know what I’ve seen, heard or believe. 

Is there an option to change it? let me know how?

and tbh mate, I don’t particularly like being referred too as ‘these’ people and you still didn’t answer any of my questions. It’s hard to tell what you’re saying when you try to make people read between the lines. If you believe something, then say it. 

I was discussing the current situation with a “Black” friend of Mine recently. He actually believes that the current situation brings more division as it’s highlighted to a generation, that wasn’t as aware. The mob culture has tarnished the otherwise peaceful message. 

He thinks the younger generations of today, aren’t as racist as the older generations when he was younger. It’s an interesting analogy, as I can quite happily say that my grandparents used phrases that I’d never use. It’s definitely grown out through generations. 

As he said to me, he’s never been a slave, so let’s leave the past in the past.

We can’t change that and he doesn’t feel the need to bury the history, like we wouldn’t with WW1, WW2 etc

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LCFCbwoi said:

Is there an option to change it? let me know how?

and tbh mate, I don’t particularly like being referred too as ‘these’ people and you still didn’t answer any of my questions. It’s hard to tell what you’re saying when you try to make people read between the lines. If you believe something, then say it. 

I never referred to you as “these people”. “These” people are ones that I personally know. 

In Germany the phrase “Arbeit Macht Frei”, is an extremely offensive phrase, and some have been arrested for publicly using it and glorifying it. However, this will probably never be removed because it is extremely important to understand what it stands for. 

Being half German, I have a bit of an understanding of the culture over there particularly about the war. My German family members won’t talk about the war, openly, the reason being they don’t want to allow the Nazi history to reign, they would rather forget what happened. I argue that this isn’t right, I often say, debating it isn’t glorifying it, but it is vitally important than my nieces and nephews all understand what the war was, and why it happened. It is probably the biggest threat to humanity collectively in what I would consider the modern time’s. 

After having frank discussions with the kids in the family they know of the atrocities committed against humanity during these modern day conflicts, and they recognise why it is vitally important we remember them. My niece has even said herself “this is why we must be nice to everyone” (she is only 6) and she’s right, this is why we need to treat everyone with respect and absolutely not discriminate against anyone because of who they are and what they represent.

It is also why it is important to careful decide what symbols of British history we want to remove, and what symbols we need to keep.

• Like 4

Nobody is saying we should forget slavery, just not glorify slavers and people who have profitted from slavery.

It is an important yet shameful part of our history and the history of the world, but there is no place in modern Britain for statues glorifying slavers.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Nobody is saying we should forget slavery, just not glorify slavers and people who have profitted from slavery.

It is an important yet shameful part of our history and the history of the world, but there is no place in modern Britain for statues glorifying slavers.

So you would rather this take centre stage than the required discussions on racism?

Kings Cross Station - was named after George 4th I think...

There was a statue of him outside but only lasted there 7 years. He was such a shite king  the public ripped it down.

Station kept its name but the London public were not going to have a statue on their streets that was an ode to a tyrant and a symbol of the misery they suffered under that King. 

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So you would rather this take centre stage than the required discussions on racism?

It is part of the required discussion on racism. The current review of statues is part of the required discussion on racism, but you're right it is only part and not the biggest part, but it is a very visual symbolic part and demonstrates the willingness of people in this country to address and confront symbols of racism.

• Like 1

Racism is NOT believing some one is less than you because of their colour or race - That is Prejudice

Racism is NOT one person calling another a bad name  - That is Discrimination

Racism is an entrenched system that benefits one group or part of society ahead of another based on their race.

3 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Racism is NOT believing some one is less than you because of their colour or race - That is Prejudice

Racism is NOT one person calling another a bad name  - That is Discrimination

Racism is an entrenched system that benefits one group or part of society ahead of another based on their race.

Isn't this what is termed as Systemic or Institutionalised racism?

Its non systemic form is when it occurs outside of systems or institutions, i.e.; by individuals,

Would also argue racism is a form of prejudice.

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Isn't this what is termed as Systemic or Institutionalised racism?

Its non systemic form is when it occurs outside of systems or institutions, i.e.; by individuals,

Would also argue racism is a form of prejudice.

Interesting, i shall give it some thought.