Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I expect most people have seen this eulogy, but I found it extremely powerful and thought it was worth posting.

This an excellently constructed speech. Very powerful.

2 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

These lot seem worse than the Hong Kong police to me.

Well the context is not clear just like it isn't with these

18 minutes ago, davieG said:

Well the context is not clear just like it isn't with these

What a shit society we live in.

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

They didn't learn anything from the Imagine video then.

Shower if self entitled pricks making themselves feel better. Good god the level of smug twattery in that video makes me feel sick. 

Edited by foxile5
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

Now this is fantastic. Marcus Rashford doing more than anyone who is speaking out about BLM. Well done. Things like this will help eradicate racism 

Screenshot_20200611-210940_Twitter.jpg

Well done Marcus that's a great cause to get involved in. Seems like he's got his head screwed on properly 

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

Now this is fantastic. Marcus Rashford doing more than anyone who is speaking out about BLM. Well done. Things like this will help eradicate racism 

Screenshot_20200611-210940_Twitter.jpg

Totally agree with most of your post - don’t necessarily how it eradicates racism. 

• Like 2

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Totally agree with most of your post - don’t necessarily how it eradicates racism. 

Because it transcends colour. It's about making the world better. 

In my opinion, maybe not yours, if people work to make the world a better place, no matter what their race or background,  that achieves more than breaking lockdown rules and causing resentment. 

• Like 2

Just now, tom27111 said:

Because it transcends colour. It's about making the world better. 

In my opinion, maybe not yours, if people work to make the world a better place, no matter what their race or background,  that achieves more than breaking lockdown rules and causing resentment. 

Still don’t get it if it I’m honest. Many people do incredible charitable acts. Rashford is providing for all here brilliantly so but why his act any different for countless others? 

• Like 2

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Still don’t get it if it I’m honest. Many people do incredible charitable acts. Rashford is providing for all here brilliantly so but why his act any different for countless others? 

Because he hasn't made it about race. He's bought communities together that transcend race. 

He's not feeding black kids, or white kids, he's feeding families. 

Maybe when people understand that.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

Because he hasn't made it about race. He's bought communities together that transcend race. 

He's not feeding black kids, or white kids, he's feeding families. 

Maybe when people understand that.....

But there has been countless examples of celebrities, sportsmen and the general public carrying out community uniting acts before the last two weeks. 

Yet we are still here discussing racism. What makes Rashford’s noble act any different to eradicate racism? 

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

But there has been countless examples of celebrities, sportsmen and the general public carrying out community uniting acts before the last two weeks. 

Yet we are still here discussing racism. What makes Rashford’s noble act any different to eradicate racism? 

If everyone conducted themselves the same way, it would help.

That's it. Maybe I'm being optimistic, maybe you're being cynical, maybe it's a mix.

Rashford's actions have been 100% more constructive than pulling down a statue though.

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

If everyone conducted themselves the same way, it would help.

That's it. Maybe I'm being optimistic, maybe you're being cynical, maybe it's a mix.

Rashford's actions have been 100% more constructive than pulling down a statue though.

Rashford’s actions hugely assist with poverty and poor families in the UK.

I don’t see how the action combats the institutional issues when it comes to education, employment and policing. 

The statue in context of Bristol was a sorry symbol of slavery. I see the direct link of how a person could be pissed off that such a symbol is erected in celebration. It certainly goes away from the core of BLM in the UK but it’s been a long debate in Bristol. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Rashford’s actions hugely assist with poverty and poor families in the UK.

I don’t see how the action combats the institutional issues when it comes to education, employment and policing. 

The statue in context of Bristol was a sorry symbol of slavery. I see the direct link of how a person could be pissed off that such a symbol is erected in celebration. It certainly goes away from the core of BLM in the UK but it’s been a long debate in Bristol. 

BLM is very divisive. Actually backing things up and helping the community is unifying.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree :thumbup: