Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Finnaldo’s point originated in this story 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/cee58e14-2254-11ea-b8a1-584213ee7b2b

Increase in far right terrorism:-
Two deaths in the UK. 

A neo-Nazi jailed for life after plotting to assassinate a MP 

7 of 22 terrorist plots stopped by police were originated from far right opinion. 

Ps didn’t go unnoticed that you laughed at my post regards Jo Cox’s death 

First I heard of it was this back in 2018: 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-43205278/four-far-right-attacks-foiled-last-year-says-counter-terror-chief

Then this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-49753325

But yeah, it’s certainly an alarming rise.

6 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

First I heard of it was this back in 2018: 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-43205278/four-far-right-attacks-foiled-last-year-says-counter-terror-chief

Then this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-49753325

But yeah, it’s certainly an alarming rise.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-45919730

Just reading this from that first story - astounding and shocking 

17 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Trans people with Harry Potter tattoos, this has got to be the smallest minority of people in the history of the world.

Trans people make up about 0.5% of the population, let’s say about 300,000 people. (Please feel free to correct these figures if I’m way off). 
How many of those trans people 1) like Harry Potter, 2) Like Harry Potter enough to get a Harry Potter Tattoo and 3) give a feck what the author said about them on Twitter.

Surely we are not talking about more than about 10 people? 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

BREAKING:

Yet another precious monument has had a wall erected to protect it from activists:

EaWGBwqXkAELjP4?format=jpg&name=medium

Fake news.

This is miscaptioned. It's actually the Eurostar due to Brexit.

43 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I find it really annoying they've called themselves 'Football Lads Alliance' or ' Democratic Football Lads Alliance', or basically any football connotation.

Tars all football fans with the same brush and doesnt help the image the vast majority get from non football fans.

They just want a return to the late 80’s where you could beat the Asian lads up behind the Kop’s, stadium violence, disasters and a disdain for English football in general. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Lionator said:

They just want a return to the late 80’s where you could beat the Asian lads up behind the Kop’s, stadium violence, disasters and a disdain for English football in general. 

If people believe there’s racial inequality in this country, they couldn’t possibly be the biggest victims.

Tough lads can’t have that can they?

8 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I’d probably agree with the other points but I doubt they want to beat up Asians, or any other colour for that matter, just because that’s what happened back then 😂 the country’s moved on. 

2 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

I’d probably agree with the other points but I doubt they want to beat up Asians, or any other colour for that matter, just because that’s what happened back then 😂 the country’s moved on. 

Reading some of the comments on various threads around the forum, I'm sadly not sure that it's true that we've moved on, at least not the country as a whole. Not that I've seen anyone inciting violence mind, but some contributions have certainly been a real eye opener 

9 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

Has it?

2 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Reading some of the comments on various threads around the forum, I'm sadly not sure that it's true that we've moved on, at least not the country as a whole. Not that I've seen anyone inciting violence mind, but some contributions have certainly been a real eye opener 

Do you honestly believe that a group of football fans would go around beating up their own/opposite teams black/Asian fans in 2020? Not saying there wouldn’t be the odd person that may make stupid comments but I can’t see people hunting people round the ground/ outside the grounds. 

Just now, Blue-fox said:

Do you honestly believe that a group of football fans would go around beating up their own/opposite teams black/Asian fans in 2020? Not saying there wouldn’t be the odd person that may make stupid comments but I can’t see people hunting people round the ground/ outside the grounds. 

At the moment nothing would surprise me tbh, although I'd like to think the answer is obviously no. Remember that a lot of the organised violence surrounding the football years back was not carried out by actual fans, but people who tagged themselves along to fan groups 

2 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

At the moment nothing would surprise me tbh, although I'd like to think the answer is obviously no. Remember that a lot of the organised violence surrounding the football years back was not carried out by actual fans, but people who tagged themselves along to fan groups 

I can only go on what I’ve seen but our fans are very multiculturally diverse and I would say that the vast majority of them don’t feel intimidated by our own fans. 

Honestly Twitter is like shooting fish in a barrel today. 

Protecting the cenotaph on Whitehall whilst giving the Nazi salute. The totally white group of bikers with the banner stating they represent all races, one tastefully sporting a WWII wernacht helmet. Chanting the German bombers song. So messed up it’s unbelievable.

Heavens forbid you point it out to them, all you get is a whiny reply about where we’re the police last weekend. 

So was Khan right all along?

Cos the Tories/govt will be thinking very carefully how to paint this bunch showing themselves up. Label them Far Right solves the problem in some way but harms their support. 

Khan was criticised for using the term far right by people citing ‘that’s centre’ or ‘normal morning. Well if it’s normal or centre what’s happening now, attacking police then it’s horrific. 

9 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

Yes

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

I can only go on what I’ve seen but our fans are very multiculturally diverse and I would say that the vast majority of them don’t feel intimidated by our own fans. 

Vast majority isn't really good enough though is it? 

• Like 1