Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

Are we ignoring the 60 odd injured police officers?  I will call out the far right twats when they cause touble, but the complete absence of comment from Khan on the violence which has already happened from the left, in favour of warning the far right not to join in is ****ing bullshit.

Well yeah, again there’s a subset of berks within the left-wing protestors. But injuries in public containment happen regularly at football as well, wasn’t that long ago we all laughed at a Geordie trying to punch a police horse ffs. In protests you’re gonna get a core of nobs trying to cause issues. I don’t agree with it but it’s generally a given.

Matters change a bit when a subset of the  other side have been behind a rising number of genuine terror plots. I would also be worried less about a set of angsty students than I would a subset of far right agitators turning up with something a lot more effective than a rock or Boris bike.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Well yeah, again there’s a subset of berks within the left-wing protestors. But injuries in public containment happen regularly at football as well, wasn’t that long ago we all laughed at a Geordie trying to punch a police horse ffs. In protests you’re gonna get a core of nobs trying to cause issues. I don’t agree with it but it’s generally a given.

Matters change a bit when a subset of the  other side have been behind a rising number of genuine terror plots. I would also be worried less about a set of angsty students than I would a subset of far right agitators turning up with something a lot more effective than a rock or Boris bike.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/time.com/5681199/uk-far-right-terrorism/%3famp=true

7 of the last 22 plots for widespread murder came from a far right ideology. 

@I am Rod Hull - free to give an opinion what you find funny about Jo Cox being murdered 

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/time.com/5681199/uk-far-right-terrorism/%3famp=true

7 of the last 22 plots for widespread murder came from a far right ideology. 

@I am Rod Hull - free to give an opinion what you find funny about Jo Cox being murdered 

This is old and of course viewpoints often change over time, but it might offer an explanation for you, mon ami:

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/91001-enoch-powell-the-great-betrayal

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Cokehead Tommy has backtracked and said he's not going to be there in London on Saturday as doesn't want to incite the riots or violence which he says people want him to do 

So the protesters won’t be there and the anti protesters won’t be there! 

12 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

"...In Penny Lane there is an arsehole with a spray paint can.."

Of course McCartney wrote about Penny Lane, and the Beatles released it, but I'll take the opportunity to say the Beatles were asked to sing to segregated crowds when they first went to America early 60s and, rightly, said no.

It's becoming pathetic now though. I'm guessing nobody knows that street was (apparently) linked to slavery. Everybody knows it for the song.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/trump-administration-issues-rule-curtail-health-protections-transgender-people-n1230921?cid=sm_npd_ms_fb_ma

Throwing a bone to the fundies at the direct expense of the physical and mental health of a lot of women and trans folks.

"The move means insurance policies and health care regulated under the Obama-era Affordable Care Act can deny services (eg. medical treatment) to transgender people". Just so it's entirely clear.

Not exactly surprising, but still loathsome.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Can we just agree anyone on the far side, be that right or left is usually a bit of a self centred tit who doesn’t want to listen to others and wants to promote themselves over their causes.

The majority of people want to have a discussion, want to learn others point of view and sit somewhere in the middle. 
Most could be left for some political issues and right for others. Most people don’t want to harm anyone, we just want to quietly go about our business.

Horseshoe Theory is mostly salient, aye.

Perhaps I'm overly cynical but in the current system we have though I'm not sure how true the bolded is - or maybe it's just easy for those with power to abuse it and we get to hear it more because social media acts as an amplifier.

15 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

The difference is that Far Right terrorism is fast becoming one of the more prominent forms of terrorism in the UK, with plots generally including nass stabbings and shootings whereas left wing terrorism, if you want to call it that, seems to amount to a slaver statue being taken down (which even the Mayor of Bristol said was no great loss) and a couple of berks defacing a Churchill statue (badly) and acting up at a protest.

Think it may be enlightening if you actually examine which demographic group in the UK is , in proportion, most likely to shoot or stab someone.

14 minutes ago, Gordon the Great said:

Think it may be enlightening if you actually examine which demographic group in the UK is , in proportion, most likely to shoot or stab someone.

Interesting. This might be correct...so assuming it is, why exactly is this the case, I wonder?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Interesting. This might be correct...so assuming it is, why exactly is this the case, I wonder?

I don`t know what is correct as I genuinely have not looked it up, I wonder too.Just thought it may be interesting for Finnaldo as he seems to assume it is members of "Far right" groups who hold that dubious accolade.

1 minute ago, Gordon the Great said:

I don`t know what is correct as I genuinely have not looked it up, I wonder too.Just thought it may be interesting for Finnaldo as he seems to assume it is members of "Far right" groups who hold that dubious accolade.

Ah, I see, thank you.

Just wanted to be sure that we're not about to head down a road that considers one demographic or another to have an inherent predilection for such acts, because that's a pretty rocky road.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gordon the Great said:

At the end of the day, if you put any demographic into poverty, crime will occur. Why does Liverpool, a 91% white city have a historically high crime rate?  

Why does Scandinavia have such low crime rates, is it because of lack of diversity or is it because there is no class system and inequality isn't prominent?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gordon the Great said:

Why on earth are you talking about demographics? It has nothing to do with the danger posed by Far Left or Far Right groups (both groups are full of bigots, just one a lot more willing to take it further). 

If your veiled point is that black people are more likely to be involved in violent crime: well done pal, now you can march with BLM and ask why a demographic is so prone to poverty that crime becomes endemic is some of their communities. Be the change you want in the world!

5 minutes ago, Lionator said:

At the end of the day, if you put any demographic into poverty, crime will occur. Why does Liverpool, a 91% white city have a historically high crime rate?  

Why does Scandinavia have such low crime rates, is it because of lack of diversity or is it because there is no class system and inequality isn't prominent?

Pretty much this :thumbup:

Edited by Finnaldo

17 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

"...In Penny Lane there is an arsehole with a spray paint can.."

Jeez ...  they’ll be attacking Gareth Edwards statue next cus what he did to the All Blacks in 1973 ...  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gordon the Great said:

Finnaldo’s point originated in this story 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/cee58e14-2254-11ea-b8a1-584213ee7b2b

Increase in far right terrorism:-
Two deaths in the UK. 

A neo-Nazi jailed for life after plotting to assassinate a MP 

7 of 22 terrorist plots stopped by police were originated from far right opinion. 

Ps didn’t go unnoticed that you laughed at my post regards Jo Cox’s death