Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

6 minutes ago, MonmoreStef said:

Incredible really to think of all the measures in place and money being spent and the death rate is so low. 

I agree with Sol personally, a couple weeks and if the deaths are still this low then we should see a plan for larger loosenings of restrictions.

7 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

I agree with Sol personally, a couple weeks and if the deaths are still this low then we should see a plan for larger loosenings of restrictions.

Yes fingers crossed still be in single figures in two weeks time or at worse the teens then they’ll have to really look at what they are doing. 

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

We need to look closer at Sweden’s progress through the whole pandemic, at the moment they seem to be in a far better place than most of Europe.

The media seem to be pushing this agenda at the moment that Sweden have somehow performed well through this crisis by adopting some semblance of herd immunity both in the sense of deaths / positive cases and their economy.

I would suggest this is dangerously simplistic however, when you start to compare against 'similar' countries (say Norway, Denmark etc) rather than looking at the numbers stand-alone, in a literal sense.

When you do this they certainly do not seem to be in a far better place, in fact you could say their approach has led to pretty appalling results.

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

So now we can grass our neighbours up for having more than 6 people round and the police are even setting up a hotline for us to use, a) will that have a knock on effect for 999 calls when you have a burglary so in future it could take a 2 months for a police offer to turn up instead of the usual 2 weeks and b) will we get anything out of the £3200 fine or will we just have to move after the neighbours find out who grassed them up 

Apparently the Police will only give you a ticking off on first offence.With an encouraging word or two about following the rules in future.I bet they’re over the moon with this extra agg being added on to their work load.

19 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Apparently the Police will only give you a ticking off on first offence.With an encouraging word or two about following the rules in future.I bet they’re over the moon with this extra agg being added on to their work load.

I wonder how much lost revenue there is for the christmas party this year, with all the motorways being empty and everyone driving round at 50 mph because they're all depressed.

On 12/09/2020 at 14:02, Line-X said:

I'm not with you. Sneezing and a runny nose is symptomatic of a common cold not COVID19. 

Covid has already shown twist & turns,crossed age groups,Initiator from various age groups und

We are seeing various After effects...We & Covid have Moved on....

Autumn flu, pneumonia, Lung illnesses /viruses and Common colds will be Areas where Covid could Hang onto....We just Dont know!!!

So without playing Silly buggers and know-alls.   IMO  @Col city fan  prudency is the better wise thought Process & approach....

Maybe the Govt,even WHO have struggled in bringing their points over & Govt buffoons have shown Lack of thought & leadership...

But the populace,the electorate After just 6 months havent shown much intelligent forethought actions or discipline....Rather leant to either ASBO egoistisch thoughts and some to egoistisch bugger you jack behaviour...!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Covid has already shown twist & turns,crossed age groups,Initiator from various age groups und

Es are seeing various After effects...We & Covid has Moved on....

Autumn flu, pneumonia, Lung illnesses /viruses and Common colds will be Areas where Covid could Hang onto....We just Dont know!!!

So without playing Silly buggers and know-alls.   IMO  @Col city fan  prudency is the better wise thought Process & approach....

Maybe the Govt,even WHO have struggled in bringing their points over & Govt buffoons have shown Lack of thought & leadership...

But the populace,the electorate After just 6 months havent shown much intelligent forethought actions or discipline....Rather leant to either ASBO egoistisch thoughts and some to egoistisch bugger you jack behaviour...!!!

Your post is as incomprehensible and unintelligible as we have become accustomed to. A shame, because earlier today you made a one in 11,992 cogent point about the treatment of Chilwell on this forum. Congratulations.

Give a monkey a typewriter and eventually...

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Your post is as incomprehensible and unintelligible as we have become accustomed to. A shame, because earlier today you made a one in 11,992 cogent point about the treatment of Chilwell on this forum. Congratulations.

Shame some cant advance....

I understand every attempt at English...Even my own....:banana:

And I Love a Monkey  on Any keyboard....

Our default use of the English language is therefore extremely creative and dynamic, rather than rule-bound, restricted, and beset by pointless and obsessive limitations, a la the Académie Française.[1]

Of some English speakers, some of whom have no inhibitions when it comes to explaining we are at fault for not following rules they have recently concocted, and others who will swear blind - to use ancient idiom - that whatever they speak is the real thing, despite it having been largely invented, often within living memory, and that it is the English who are speaking in some strange alien creole compared to, say, any random inhabitant of Paris, 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Shame some cant advance....

I understand every attempt at English...Even my own....:banana:

At least someone does, even bereft of apostrophisation.

Col's reply was all that was necessary - and he's probably correct, that you wouldn't really want anyone afflicted by a common cold sneezing all over the workplace with impunity right now. 

59 minutes ago, Line-X said:

What if English isn't fuchsntf's first language, or there's another reason such as dyslexia? Doesn't matter. Everyone has a right to contribute. Even the negative naysayers on the matchday threads. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

What if English isn't fuchsntf's first language, or there's another reason such as dyslexia? Doesn't matter. Everyone has a right to contribute. Even the negative naysayers on the matchday threads. 

I'd venture that having lived in Germany for so long he's actually bilingual - respect. However, if you can remotely make any sense of his sprawling rambling posts and tangential non-sequiturs, then fair play to you - I'm genuinely all ears.

As I said, one of the best things that he has ever contributed to this forum was today when he called out those very 'negative naysayers' as you put it, which in fairness, he can often be relied upon to do. 

35 minutes ago, Line-X said:

At least someone does, even bereft of apostrophisation.

Col's reply was all that was necessary - and he's probably correct, that you wouldn't really want anyone afflicted by a common cold sneezing all over the workplace with impunity right now. 

Too true.:)

Plus we are not sure of all the various Knock-on after effects relevant to Covid,

and if the autumn seasons various illnesses/ viruses have a piggy back affect for covid..

At the moment, its shown we or better said the Medical and Virus Organisations just havent yet any clarity, and I am not being critical,its simply where we are...

33 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Thankyou...But My New Parks English is original, then mixed with  the true Essence of no bounds or chained English.....

Its a Football forum,Not an A/O Level exam.....but a pissed up examiner did allow me to pass....So there..!!!:P

Edited by fuchsntf

1 hour ago, reynard said:

Worrying news from Marseille re hospitalisations.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54151281

With cases rising fast in France it will be interesting to see if other cities follow this pattern. They have been around 3 weeks in front of us in the past.

If there is insufficient public support for suppression strategies, hospitalisation stats become key. No responsible government could allow health care services to be completely overrun.

• Like 1

On the subject of positive tests vs death rates, does anyone know if they’ve increased the number of cycles of amplification in the PCR tests compared with the norm back in April? I think the controversy was discussed here some time back, but basically each cycle (as I understand) doubles the sensitivity of a test, so there’s an enormous difference between 30 and 40 cycles.

This would only make a difference to test statistics if the number of cycles has been increased relative to testing in April.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

51 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

apparently in the top 10 areas infected in England, there are no covid test available .....

I’m afraid the govt are culpable on this - they’ve had several months now to sort out the labs and the logistics - it’s appalling. 

There was none available in Leicester yesterday or London today either my Mrs sister tried to get one for her lad in London nothing no walk in no home test. Crazy 

8 hours ago, st albans fox said:

apparently in the top 10 areas infected in England, there are no covid test available .....

I’m afraid the govt are culpable on this - they’ve had several months now to sort out the labs and the logistics - it’s appalling. 

I'm sure I heard on Radio4 yesterday that the so-called available test number includes both tests to see if you have it and also tests for antibodies. I was driving at the time so might have mis heard. Can anyone confirm this?