Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

23 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'm participating in a study to see who's actually had the old Covid-19.

I've been sent an antibody test, which I assumed I would then have to send off in the interests of research, but it seems that I do it myself and get the results there and then, and then send those in. Are antibody tests always like this?

How do you find out about this and how does one get in? thanks.

39 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

How do you find out about this and how does one get in? thanks.

I was invited to do it, almost certainly because I've participated in at least one study previously. It's the Imperial College study and although you can find details of it on their website it looks like it's only those that have been invited that can take part.

It's a dubious honour, I'm not looking forward to having to do that pinprick thing. I never watch when the nurse does it. Probably get the wife to do it, so hope I'm in her good books

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

The prime reason (which i have tried to explain a few times in the local lockdown thread) is that most of the test cases are now people in the Pillar B group, in spring it was mostly Pillar A.

Pillar A is confirmed case for someone in hospital, and back then of course you had to be in quite a bad state to get admitted, obviously going to have nasty fatality rates.

Pillar B is community testing, many of the cases are people either with no or only light symptoms.

This has been explained by many doctors to media channels as well, but they wont listen.  Instead they just drive the government mantra.

As well as driving their own clickbait.

42 minutes ago, simFox said:

I thought antibody tests were fairly inconclusive as they are often undetectable after a few months.

Depends how hard the test is designed to look for them if that makes sense. 

Either way it appears that immunity passports are out of the window. Some people are getting reinfected but it’ll be very rare moving forward. 

Not sure if this was posted a week ago as I have kept well out of this thread for a while but watch this.  A brilliant analysis of the recent and current situation.  Well worth a watch.  We're currently witnessing "a casedemic" in the UK and all over Europe due to over-testing.  In conclusion, the suppression of virus over summer due to masks (discussed here as ineffective) and lockdown (also ineffective) could actually make seasonal virus numbers worse in winter as a result too.

• Like 3

Back at school for 8 days, and now my daughter is in isolation for 14 days, her football coach has just tested positive. The sign of the way it's going be for a while I guess. I'm also reading that Oadby and Wigston are possibly heading back into a local lockdown again....

The UK Government couldnt organise.... a piss up at a Brewery..

Despite our Great political history..Not Even an orgy at a brothel....I

What diid all their years in univerity,bring to the People & country....If seems Bloody education-algorithms was Let Loose years ago...

No post macro,no checkpoints,  No cntl-escape,no Purge & reset....

Its Not the problem of Covid and the unknowns it sleps around with it..

Its not that the situation brings its own twists & turns and Governments and society are Chasing their own arse,in trying to Keep to some Impossible norm....

Its the total Lack of responsibility and Organisation skills and straight forward forethought,Preparation und Realisation in what The f**k us going on.

What steps & phases they have to go through then Honestly inform the populace....Politics should have taken 5th priority backstep  5 months ago...

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Are they still door to door testing in Leicester?

No idea.

My video link a few posts back is well worth a watch.  Brilliant analysis of the current picture.

We're currently in a casedemic scenario where positive outcomes are not necessarily infectious virus.  There's not one definitive reason for this conclusion but the evidence backing it up is pretty conclusive in the video.

There's also the potential for worse outcomes this winter due to mask use and lockdowns not allowing natural immunity spread during a low risk summer season.

Watch the video!

I know this is all old data but it is relevant because it’s from the peak. Looking at the ages that people are dying of COVID and the fact that the vast majority of people already have something wrong with them anyway, it really does make me think this has all has been blown out of proportion. From a completely unemotional standpoint, the people that are dying are half dead anyway. I’ve had someone in the family die of it and it just made the inevitable come a few months sooner, at best. I just find it madness that life has come to a stop due to the fact that, in my age group anyway, 1 person per 100,000 dies. I think all that would be necessary is just to live life as normal, maybe with some advice on the extra precautions to be taken from PHE. I know this is bound to irritate someone, but please don’t hesitate to prove me wrong. 

A4708F56-1676-4B56-9B81-5AB06441E065.jpeg

BBE9336F-3647-4985-859B-2916E44D231B.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I know this is all old data but it is relevant because it’s from the peak. Looking at the ages that people are dying of COVID and the fact that the vast majority of people already have something wrong with them anyway, it really does make me think this has all has been blown out of proportion. From a completely unemotional standpoint, the people that are dying are half dead anyway. I’ve had someone in the family die of it and it just made the inevitable come a few months sooner, at best. I just find it madness that life has come to a stop due to the fact that, in my age group anyway, 1 person per 100,000 dies. I think all that would be necessary is just to live life as normal, maybe with some advice on the extra precautions to be taken from PHE. I know this is bound to irritate someone, but please don’t hesitate to prove me wrong. 

A4708F56-1676-4B56-9B81-5AB06441E065.jpeg

BBE9336F-3647-4985-859B-2916E44D231B.png

You are right. It's more likely to push the weaker of the herd off the branches metaphorically. 

However, isn't it our responsibility to protect these people? I mean I'm sure they won't want to die. 

And it IS killing younger folk with a bit more regularity. 

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Not sure if this was posted a week ago as I have kept well out of this thread for a while but watch this.  A brilliant analysis of the recent and current situation.  Well worth a watch.  We're currently witnessing "a casedemic" in the UK and all over Europe due to over-testing.  In conclusion, the suppression of virus over summer due to masks (discussed here as ineffective) and lockdown (also ineffective) could actually make seasonal virus numbers worse in winter as a result too.

The problem is (and this is the bit I can't fathom) the clever scientific advisors must know all this, yet still we bimble on with ever more tyranny, compliance and fear. 

The biggest difficulty people (and government) will have is admitting they were wrong, especially the ones still hiding behind the sofa. 

The problem is as we head into another season and deaths tick up a bit, it's more mass hysteria.

The only solution is how we get out of this mess without looking stupid. 

I was never in favour of lockdown, but I could understand it, so I'll hold my hands up myself, it had me fooled too. But come on folks, we don't need to carry on like this.

Covid Woke!

• Like 2

Really interesting video. Backs up a lot of what people are saying on here.

Everyone should watch this video, says what a lot of us have been thinking.

• Like 1