Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

Back in the spring when 900-1000 people a day were dying, cases were at around 6000 new per day, at the moment we are at roughly 7000 new cases a day. Where are the deaths, they aren't happening. 

This could be either false positives , that could be a very high proportion,  or the virus has mutated and is now less potent.

12 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

Back in the spring when 900-1000 people a day were dying, cases were at around 6000 new per day, at the moment we are at roughly 7000 new cases a day. Where are the deaths, they aren't happening. 

This could be either false positives , that could be a very high proportion,  or the virus has mutated and is now less potent.

1 minute ago, bovril said:

I think in reality there were several times more cases in March and April, combined with the virus picking off the more vulnerable in the spring and perhaps lower viral load in the present cases due to social distancing, mask wearing etc. We're also better at treating it.

Back at the previous peak there were, as you said @joachim1965 over 6000 positive cases per day, and over 1000 deaths, the reality is that testing was still small time compared to now. We were probably getting over 100,000 positive cases a day around that time. At the beginning of April, the highest number of positive cases recorded was 6,199, with over 1000 deaths. There were less than 15,000 tests carried out on that day. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

I'm not sure if you're being serious or not... But do you really believe we only *actually* had 6000 cases per day then?

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There's a tier system coming in which makes things clearer thankfully. Basically over 100 positive cases per 100,000 then you are Tier 2 and no mixing households. 

I mean, good that there's finally gonna be something solid.

Shambles that this tier system didn't exist or wasn't available to the public from the off.

I really do think this needs to be flexible, by loosening restrictions, you need to account for a slight rise in infections.

As an example. If there are 5 tiers. 1 is super  restricted - 5 relaxed as hell.

Tier 1

- To enter this from Tier 2 you need above 0.1%  for 5 days

Tier 2

- To enter this from Tier 1 and have below 0.07% for 10 days

- To enter this from Tier 3 you need above 0.12%  for 5 days

Tier 3

- To enter this  from Tier 2 and have below 0.12%  for 10 days

- To enter this from Tier 4 you need above 0.2%  for 5 days

Tier 4

- To enter this  from Tier 3 and have below 0.16%  for 10 days

- To enter this from Tier 5 you need above 0.3%  for 5 days

Tier 5

- To enter this  from Tier 5 and have below 0.2%  for 10 days

This has been created very quickly with guesswork figures lol

7 hours ago, Fox92 said:

All the areas/spikes they speak about are all midlands and further. Nothing south of Birmingham have specific lockdowns.

We're sensible and know how to follow rules. The scenes you see in London on weekends are all fake news :ph34r:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I'm not sure if you're being serious or not... But do you really believe we only *actually* had 6000 cases per day then?

probably not,  but do you seriously think we now have 7000 cases a day? 

The false positives must be huge, influenza is killing 10 times more people at the moment than covid,  the deaths from untreated and undiagnosed cancer will be horrendous,  not to mention suicides and people just giving up in care homes due to being isolated from family, the solution cannot be expected to be worse than the problem but unfortunately it is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

I think the fact that you had to point such a basic idea out says enough. 

it doesn't really though does it, I accept the fact that cases were significantly more than reported due to lack of testing,but my point still stands, where are all the deaths? 

Cases are rising significantly but deaths are not FACT.

3 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I would post the article on the accuracy of positive tests at this point but have done so before.  Many positive tests are picking up strands of old virus from months ago in people.  

A pcr test is not supposed to be used for diagnosis, and this is the very reason.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I would post the article on the accuracy of positive tests at this point but have done so before.  Many positive tests are picking up strands of old virus from months ago in

Do we have a peer reviewed percentage for this or is something that occurs but no one really knows how much of it is occurring ....

10 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

6914 new cases today, 59 deaths.

Cases up 4.2% in a week, 2 weeks after we were told they were doubling every 7-8 days:dunno:

I would wait for the ONS numbers and also the new labs to come on stream before patting ourselves on the back that this isn’t expanding faster than 4% in a week. Deaths and hospital admissions are definitely increasing but we aren’t trying to stop that happening, just control it somewhat and stop it becoming march/April again......

hopefully the reminders to the public to socially distance again via new restrictions is working ........need a lid on cases as autumn draws on ....

12 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Do we have a peer reviewed percentage for this or is something that occurs but no one really knows how much of it is occurring ....

If only 7% or so have been previously exposed ( from antibody studies) then it can hardly be a very significant error factor,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crinklyfox said:

And now Trump has Covid-19.  I hope he recovers, I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Although on a personal level I feel little sympathy. the US president dying isn't really what the world needs right now.

• Like 2