Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

On 29/09/2020 at 16:25, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Whatever the Govt (or any Govt) do, there'll be millions screaming for something different.

They try and help X - they're accused of not doing enough for Y

There's risks in whatever they choose and they'll be hammered either way.

Locking down to reduce deaths, the economy suffers and that's wrong.

Try and re-energise the economy, deaths rise and that's wrong.

Just seems impossible to find something to please the masses.

Pretty much nail on head there, this is because most people are concerned for their own well being only, so it will never be possible to please everyone.

Look at wales, most of it is now under local lockdown's, but is no national lockdown there because of course that would be very unpopular.  Future political decisions are going to be heavily based on popularity, so I think unless this really kicks off and causes a national emergency, I think we wont see another national lockdown.  They will be very hesitant to close hospitality because of how many are affected by it, and schools I think will stay open as long as there is no national emergency.  I would not want to be a PM right now.

On 29/09/2020 at 16:25, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Whatever the Govt (or any Govt) do, there'll be millions screaming for something different.

They try and help X - they're accused of not doing enough for Y

There's risks in whatever they choose and they'll be hammered either way.

Locking down to reduce deaths, the economy suffers and that's wrong.

Try and re-energise the economy, deaths rise and that's wrong.

Just seems impossible to find something to please the masses.

The issue is they can't commit to either and keep flip flopping which enrages the lockdown nonces and the people who want to live their lives 

28 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

This is probably one of the biggest assumptions made right now, that been overweight is always down to no effort been made to get rid of it.  There is various reasons someone can be overweight, and there can be various reasons why people struggle to lose weight.  Of course some cases might be remedied by effort, but this should not be assumed to be for every case.

If you read one of my posts before then you’d realise I didn’t assume anything of the sort. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8799317/Coronavirus-Boris-hints-hell-suspend-Rule-Six-Christmas-Day.html

'Did Boris just save Christmas? PM hints he'll suspend Rule of Six on December 25 to ensure a family of five can have both grandparents round for festive lunch'

lol

that just proves how much of a load of bollox this is.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

When the obese 74 year old POTUS survives it, how can we keep making the arguments to continue this madness 

He's a fairly active 74 year old with the best medical care in the world.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8799317/Coronavirus-Boris-hints-hell-suspend-Rule-Six-Christmas-Day.html

'Did Boris just save Christmas? PM hints he'll suspend Rule of Six on December 25 to ensure a family of five can have both grandparents round for festive lunch'

lol

Granny and Grandpa's Christmas present?

Three weeks all expenses paid break in January at the Royal Infirmary with your very own ventilator!

Don’t normally come on this thread much ...   too much fecking whining...   would love some of our more prolific whining posters to have a go at running the country ....   3 nervous breakdowns later ...    “Bit harder than I thought“ ....   

Just can’t understand it ...   everyone should be pulling together ...   being sensible and helping those that are vulnerable.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

lol

As I said they are chasing the popular opinion now.  They was always going to back down on Christmas.

3 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Yep he will be getting platinum level care, 24h personal observation, experimental drugs, personal medical team etc.  He will pull through it.

Kind of like how Boris got admitted early, when rest of UK were only allowed when almost dead.

Just now, joachim1965 said:

so the virus takes christmas off.

what a croc of shit.

It doesnt but we will have to deal with it, I dont think for one minute anything more than a small minority would have complied.  We also have to think about letting people have these special moments.  So I can sympathise here.

4 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Fairy active? You sure? This man thinks the body is like a battery and if you exercise you use all the energy and die early. He's famously not very active, with a terrible diet.

11 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Fairy active? You sure? This man thinks the body is like a battery and if you exercise you use all the energy and die early. He's famously not very active, with a terrible diet.

I don't mean he runs marathons, but he regularly plays golf, he's not sedentary.

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

Yep he will be getting platinum level care, 24h personal observation, experimental drugs, personal medical team etc.  He will pull through it.

Kind of like how Boris got admitted early, when rest of UK were only allowed when almost dead.

Johnson was taken to hospital 10 days after he was tested positive and was in intensive care the day after.  Do you call that early?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52232747

10 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Haha that sounds like it could be some mild green antidote that Trump has injected himself with!

He definitely has a poor diet and very little exercise going on, it’s best he shields away from the world when he recovers. 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

Johnson was taken to hospital 10 days after he was tested positive and was in intensive care the day after.  Do you call that early?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52232747

He went to hospital very quickly after bad symptoms, yes early.  You would be bonkers to think the PM isn't going to be a VIP, he is one of the most important people in the country.

49 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Another load of positive tests been found apparently, 24 hours after we 'discovered' almost 13k positive test results lying around not included in the figures.

Surely they are just making things up now 😂 wasn’t oadby/wigs really  high 2 weeks ago but there was no test available? 

• Like 2