Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

47 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

I'm sure at least one of us is spectacularly missing the point here.  When I said we've had electricity since 1996, I was actually making a joke.  Did you not think it was funny?  Did you think it was simple statement of fact?  Or did you fail to see it was a joke at all, thus making a fine "whoosh"?  :dunno:

Lighten up, it was just a...

..never mind.

What you said was actually quite feasible - my apologies: 

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why is he so creepy and slimy? 

He's got no sense of invading people's personal space. Notice how she moves away from him and leans back. 

Or maybe it's because she's got a decent rack on her :dunno:

• Like 1

Just now, Izzy said:

He's got no sense of invading people's personal space. Notice how she moves away from him and leans back. 

Or maybe it's because she's got a decent rack on her :dunno:

Even out of socially distance covid times it's still weirdly and oddly close! 

Actually to be fair to Hancock, the EU have been doing their own point scoring by saying the reason the reason they havent approved it yet is because they are taking a more careful, more stringent approach than the UK, which kind of implies we rushed things.

Basically all people in power and politics are point scoring arseholes.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Don’t forget the train is in the station and the doors are now open ..  and Boris has explained how we are winning after the jujitsu match against the virus ..  

Why don’t they just say the vaccine is safe and ready for use ..  :)

The rolling text on the BBC broadcast I watched said exactly that

1 hour ago, Corky said:

One of the best things of the vaccine becoming available is that we won't have to listen to Hancock every other day spouting whatever crap he's chosen that day.

Between him and his predecessor Jeremy (rhymes with Hunt), they have yet to find a credible and dedicated Health Secretary. I go back to Kenneth Clarke in the late 80's and all those in between. The NHS is the responsibility of Health Secretary and is sacrosanct in the public mind. No one has been up to the job for decades, regardless of political party. A bit like a circus with a massive, deadly, eternal lion that everyone loves .The lion tamers all think they can put this beast in it's place but then get devoured by it. The circus then brings out another clown to try deal with it but who also fails to understand the size and the impossibility of the task presented to them and the wheels fall off and they get humiliated by their failed boasts.

Just now, Parafox said:

Between him and his predecessor Jeremy (rhymes with Hunt), they have yet to find a credible and dedicated Health Secretary. I go back to Kenneth Clarke in the late 80's and all those in between. The NHS is the responsibility of Health Secretary and is sacrosanct in the public mind. No one has been up to the job for decades, regardless of political party. A bit like a circus with a massive, deadly, eternal lion that everyone apart from the circus bosses, loves .The lion tamers all think they can put this beast in it's place but then get devoured by it. The circus then brings out another clown to try deal with it. They start off all confident and sometimes arrogant but they too fail to understand the size and the impossibility of the task presented to them and the wheels fall off and they get humiliated by their weaknesses. 

29 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Actually to be fair to Hancock, the EU have been doing their own point scoring by saying the reason the reason they havent approved it yet is because they are taking a more careful, more stringent approach than the UK, which kind of implies we rushed things.

Basically all people in power and politics are point scoring arseholes.

Surely if the woman from MHRA was correct, the EU would be saying we don’t approve this, the member states approve it themselves. They are defending themselves by attacking the UKs decision, says to me that we are rogue and independent. 
Now that may be a good thing or a bad thing, let’s hope the vaccine warrants quick approval and we can steal a March rebuilding the economy too.

Edited by Strokes

18 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

So we're supposed to live in fear for the rest of our lives? Okay. 

I didn't see this live, but didn't Boris slap him down afterwards because he suggested we'd be wearing masks and socially distancing for many years to come?

Saying stuff like this doesn't encourage people get the vaccine either. Regardless, soon as this is over I'll be going on loads of holidays, getting pissed at parties every weekend and generally being a willy puller again, I honestly can't wait.

Just now, Bellend Sebastian said:

If you can't trust the word of a chemical engineer turned "diet expert" on an unrelated field then I don't know where we are supposed to get our information from.  In the good old days I would've said Gillian McKeith

It isn't his word!  Clearly here you've got the opinions of three scientists and they discuss the data.  No outrageous modelling, just data.

3 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Continue to mock, but the longer this goes on the more and more the data continues to show serious weaknesses in the way all of this has been handled.

It's been handled appallingly, no one is disputing that. 

On 30/11/2020 at 13:57, Beechey said:

I disagree. You're conflating foreign policy and health policy. I think you're really reaching with your overseas remark. It's simply not foreign policy.

Extreme (ish...) patriotism, maybe, but not jingoism. Waging a war I think is more of an apt description of this situation than describing Boris as jingoistic. The state (in fact, nearly every state on Earth) has mobilised itself against this virus.

We're not invading China because of this virus.

But it has become too patronising....One just doesn't want to Listen to him, or his ministers ,

when he/they appears in Front of the camara & Talks to the nation..!!

I'd rather Watch Andy Pandy, or even the Flower Pot men....

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2