Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

33 minutes ago, Buce said:

I don't know how representative this is, but my wife's workplace has all employees booked for CV vaccinations this weekend; out of circa 100 employees, 95 have declined to have it, citing a variety of conspiracy theory based reasons.

:frusty:

Even though it's frustrating, if it means I or my family can get the vaccine quicker because these chumps are too warped in the head for it, then so be it. 

Sweden, the last bastion of freedom, now require masks on public transport. Alongside that four people at a restaurant table and no alcohol sales after 8. 

Whilst each individual nation as their only issues when it comes to policing. Ultimately it’s Europe’s winter now - pushing on cases across the continent 

28 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Got my positive result yesterday, I'm on day 4 of feeling like shit. Can anyone on here who's had it shed some light on how long it took for them to start feeling better 🤧🤧

Sorry to hear that. To be honest, the range of experiences is so wide it's impossible to say. I only felt properly shit for one day, with another 2 days where in normal circumstances I wouldn't be well enough to go into work

40 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Got my positive result yesterday, I'm on day 4 of feeling like shit. Can anyone on here who's had it shed some light on how long it took for them to start feeling better 🤧🤧

I think it really varies unfortunately. I would say a good 10 for me until I was feeling better (I still had lingering fatigue for a good 4 or 5 months after, but obviously that doesn't happen to everyone). Be careful if you are starting to feel better not to suddenly exert yourself too much as I think often people find that that can cause a bit of a relapse. 

Hope you feel better soon. 

Edited by rachhere

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

One of the theories isn't by chance to do with the thalidomide drug is it?

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

That is insane

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

:frusty:

Even though it's frustrating, if it means I or my family can get the vaccine quicker because these chumps are too warped in the head for it, then so be it. 

Insane, indeed.

These are front line workers who have been caring for Covid patients on-and-off since the beginning - twenty-odd have died, ffs.

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

Insane, indeed.

These are front line workers who have been caring for Covid patients on-and-off since the beginning - twenty-odd have died, ffs.

Do they just want to carry on like this, then?

I could understand it if they were office workers who read the Internet but to see the effects of it and make that choice- bizarre.

• Like 1

The government are considering travel restrictions to curb the latest super fast variant of the virus, shouldn't that really be done immediately? or will they wait until mid January to bring that in because surely everyone will be sitting around waiting to find out if the can't travel North.

20 minutes ago, Buce said:

Insane, indeed.

That is outrageous. It should be made compulsory for people in a position of care

So my 93 year old Nan tested positive for covid a couple of days ago. However no symptoms like several others in the home shes in.

God knows how she'd have caught it as shes essentially been in solitary confinement for the past few weeks. Barely any staff in the home so minimal human contact, going out of her mind with boredom, not been able to visit the bathroom to shower in weeks.

It infuriates me. I mean how accurate are these tests supposed to be? At this point I'm far more concerned about her developing dementia from these bullshit restrictions than her dying from covid.

4 minutes ago, Mapperleyfox said:

He hasn't got the guts unfortunately. He's a coward.

I'm no Boris Johnson fan but in fairness we dont know if we need a November style lockdown or a March style lockdown until after Christmas.

Also, announcing lockdowns usually cause people to have a final 'blowout' if they know things will close beforehand.

2 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

That is outrageous. It should be made compulsory for people in a position of care

You can't make it compulsory, the only way to give people confidence in taking the vaccine is for those in power to demonstrate they are willing to take it, including the Queen. 

17 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

You can't make it compulsory, the only way to give people confidence in taking the vaccine is for those in power to demonstrate they are willing to take it, including the Queen. 

I’m sure there’s plenty of people who are prepared to have the vaccine now, and most of those who are nervous will have it later once they see that others who’ve had it are OK.

21 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

The kind of people who form their opinions based on what they read on facebook would no doubt be claiming the syringe just contained water.

Sad to say, but the brutal truth is that an awful lot of people are truly fvcking thick.

• Like 1

I wonder how many of those that will/are refusing the CV19 have had the Flu jab this year and I wonder if they realise the Flu jab used, Flublok, doesn’t have a permanent UK license.

So will take something that doesn’t have a UK license but is approved by the FDA an agency from the very country they are scared of through the conspiracy theories they are believing & it’s also coming from their stocks not direct from manufacturers.

But won’t take something that is and does come straight from manufacturing.

2 hours ago, Buce said:

I don't know how representative this is, but my wife's workplace has all employees booked for CV vaccinations this weekend; out of circa 100 employees, 95 have declined to have it, citing a variety of conspiracy theory based reasons.

That is disheartening. And I find myself wondering what’s needed to convince these people out of their shells of fear.

There’s a lot of secrecy around the Queen’s Christmas broadcast this year. I wonder whether they’ll show her having the injection.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I’m sure there’s plenty of people who are prepared to have the vaccine now, and most of those who are nervous will have it later once they see that others who’ve had it are OK.

I'm sure they will, but considering it's supposed to be 90% effective, which means it's 10% ineffective which also means 10 in a 100 people will probably die from covid because the only people who are having it who are not medical professionals are people over 80, then there will people questioning it's effectiveness, and we all know how rumours work as in "well, old Doris had the vaccine and she still died because it said on her death certificate she had the rona".  People always look at the negatives instead of the positives, whatever the numbers.

53 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Surely as an employer of people who are in care of the at-risk, you can say "You've been offered the vaccine, if you decline it and are not determined at-risk of receiving the vaccine, you will be placed on unpaid leave until further notice"? 

6 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I'm sure they will, but considering it's supposed to be 90% effective, which means it's 10% ineffective which also means 10 in a 100 people will probably die from covid because the only people who are having it who are not medical professionals are people over 80, then there will people questioning it's effectiveness, and we all know how rumours work as in "well, old Doris had the vaccine and she still died because it said on her death certificate she had the rona".  People always look at the negatives instead of the positives, whatever the numbers.

Maths isn't my strong point, but surely that's wrong? Doesn't it actually mean that 10 in 100 people may catch Covid?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Surely as an employer of people who are in care of the at-risk, you can say "You've been offered the vaccine, if you decline it and are not determined at-risk of receiving the vaccine, you will be placed on unpaid leave until further notice"? 

Using my wife's workplace as an example, that would leave something like 5 people covering a 70+ bed home 24 hrs a day.

That's obviously unworkable and possibly against employment law.

3 hours ago, Buce said:

Where does she work? Infowars or Icke Ltd?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Using my wife's workplace as an example, that would leave something like 5 people covering a 70+ bed home 24 hrs a day.

That's obviously unworkable and possibly against employment law.

And leaving themselves open to be sued the first time someone dies from covid even though they've had the vaccine.