Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

14 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Tier 2 to Tier 4 in a matter of dayslol

Maybe bollocks wasn't the correct word. There is likely to be new strains, there has been probably every week or two since this started back in March. It's just highly convinient that it's now being mentioned as a means to justify lockdown us down again, why wasn't any of the other new strains worrying us a couple of months back?

Maybe I'm just being me again, but IMO it's going to be used as a means for them to backtrack on their Christmas mixing rules and also justify another lockdown in January.

if they’ve reported the new strain to WHO  as being 50% more transmissible then they aren’t making it up -  and no way would they cancel Xmas in London/southeast  unless they felt they had no choice ..... 

16 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

There is likely to be new strains, there has been probably every week or two since this started back in March. It's just highly convinient that it's now being mentioned as a means to justify lockdown us down again, why wasn't any of the other new strains worrying us a couple of months back?

Maybe I'm just being me again, but IMO it's going to be used as a means for them to backtrack on their Christmas mixing rules and also justify another lockdown in January.

I'm thinking along the exact same lines. Hell I thought I was cynical before all this covid shite kicked off!! Definite 3rd lockdown incoming in January. Schools will be kept open though. Be crazy to shut them down...

3 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

I'm thinking along the exact same lines. Hell I thought I was cynical before all this covid shite kicked off!! Definite 3rd lockdown incoming in January. Schools will be kept open though. Be crazy to shut them down...

I don't believe I've ever thought like this before, people on here can testify that I've always been a supporter of this Government ever since I voted for them and I've been willing to let a lot of stuff go, but over the last few months I've become cynical, I have absolutely zero trust in anything they do!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

You have a lot more faith in these people than me. It wasn't that long ago they were using made up graphs and figures to justify other restrictions. As someone above me says, only a few days ago Boris was saying Christmas definitely wouldn't be cancelledlol Everyday they amaze me more and more with how totally out of their depth they are, not just with COVID (because every Government in the world would be), but with just general issues.

God, I'm sounding more and more like Stan, Facecloth and Buce everyday:nono:

Embrace it mate, don't be embarrassed. Come over from the dark side :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

You have a lot more faith in these people than me. It wasn't that long ago they were using made up graphs and figures to justify other restrictions. As someone above me says, only a few days ago Boris was saying Christmas definitely wouldn't be cancelledlol Everyday they amaze me more and more with how totally out of their depth they are, not just with COVID (because every Government in the world would be), but with just general issues.

God, I'm sounding more and more like Stan, Facecloth and Buce everyday:nono:

Not all of them, but yeah, this is broadly true.

This is all happening to late for me. Could have done with this banning Xmas shit a few weeks back when the clowns were bigging up the Xmas freedom will happen.  I’m committed now to a day I dread with the extended family talking bollox and eating nuts all day. At least I’ve got Boxing Day on my sofa to look forward to. 

13 hours ago, Trumpet said:

Well, the app isn’t going to know that you’re wearing a mask in a shop and you’ve applied anti bac to your hands. It really is just done on Bluetooth connections and location data isn’t it?

That's my issue, the app doesn't give you the ability to find out where it detected contact with the virus. If it had said the kid next door, I wouldn't have had to isolate.

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

God knows why they have done this 6 days before Christmas. People would’ve already made plans and are going to go through with those plans. 

God knows??? It’s obvious London was in tier one a week ago, he would of had no idea this sort of new virus in the south east would spread so quick 

Can’t believe they haven’t realised what works and what doesn’t.

Tier system is total bollocks, giving the go-ahead on 3 households meeting was total bollocks.

Every time they have Prime Minister Questions, Starmer might as well just say “I told you so” and sit back down.

• Like 3