Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

4 minutes ago, Buce said:

Using my wife's workplace as an example, that would leave something like 5 people covering a 70+ bed home 24 hrs a day.

That's obviously unworkable and possibly against employment law.

It would surely make quite a lot of these incredibly selfish people think twice if nothing else, and then they could farm out a lot of the missing staff to agency workers? Might well be against employment law but with a bit of luck those in power will be thinking about this type of scenario already to ensure that workers, posing an immediate risk to people who will actually die from the virus, can absolutely get to fvck

This kind of "I can refuse what they put in my body" mindset is all well and good but it's one thing putting others in general public at risk, but when you're talking about care homes I'd equate that to knowingly keep haulage drivers employed who you know are full-blown alcoholics. It's a matter of time before your actions result in the death of another person

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

3 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

It would surely make quite a lot of these incredibly selfish people think twice if nothing else, and then they could farm out a lot of the missing staff to agency workers? Might well be against employment law but with a bit of luck those in power will be thinking about this type of scenario already to ensure that workers, posing an immediate risk to people who will actually die from the virus, can absolutely get to fvck

But they're probably thinking that, because the residents have had the vaccine, then they're safe because they can't catch the virus from those caring for them. And you've also got the scenario where care workers, because of the very nature of their job which is to care for others, would think at the moment it's more important that the old people recieve the vaccine before them.

Edited by yorkie1999

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

But they're probably thinking that, because the residents have had the vaccine, then they're safe because they can't catch the virus from those caring for them.

It's not 100% effective though, that was declared before it was rolled out

1 minute ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Care homes won't/can't employ agency staff atm, since it was shown as a main driver of transmission in London and Scotland during the first wave.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

I'm no Boris Johnson fan but in fairness we dont know if we need a November style lockdown or a March style lockdown until after Christmas.

Also, announcing lockdowns usually cause people to have a final 'blowout' if they know things will close beforehand.

They’re meeting today to discuss a new lockdown apparently 

59 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I'm sure they will, but considering it's supposed to be 90% effective, which means it's 10% ineffective which also means 10 in a 100 people will probably die from covid because the only people who are having it who are not medical professionals are people over 80, then there will people questioning it's effectiveness, and we all know how rumours work as in "well, old Doris had the vaccine and she still died because it said on her death certificate she had the rona".  People always look at the negatives instead of the positives, whatever the numbers.

I think you're assuming that no-one ever survives covid.  That clearly isn't correct.

There is every chance that the 10% on whom it isn't fully effective may find it to be partially effective - that even though they catch it, they don't get it as badly.  I don;t know if that was tested.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

I think you're assuming that no-one ever survives covid.  That clearly isn't correct.

There is every chance that the 10% on whom it isn't fully effective may find it to be partially effective - that even though they catch it, they don't get it as badly.  I don;t know if that was tested.

Point taken. I was obviously looking at it from a worst case scenario because a worst case scenario is what you must always assume.

Edited by yorkie1999

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

I wonder how many of those that will/are refusing the CV19 have had the Flu jab this year and I wonder if they realise the Flu jab used, Flublok, doesn’t have a permanent UK license.

So will take something that doesn’t have a UK license but is approved by the FDA an agency from the very country they are scared of through the conspiracy theories they are believing & it’s also coming from their stocks not direct from manufacturers.

But won’t take something that is and does come straight from manufacturing.

Fair point. Though I'd be amazed if anyone who's happy for the flu jab would find themselves on the other side for a covid jab. 

I won't have either (unless forced/coerced to by the govt, which I'm 99% sure I will be) ....I've never understood normal healthy people having the flu jab anyway tbh, long before covid was around. Worst case scenario without the jab, if you're healthy, you'll get the flu. So why the need for a flu jab, I'll  never know. 

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I think it's pretty obvious another lockdown is coming, hence the 'new strain' bollocks they've been spouting for the past few days. There's over 200 (I think that's the correct number) strains of COVID, a virus has to adapt and change in order to survive.

They also say a virus doesn't kill it's host in order to survive.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I think it's pretty obvious another lockdown is coming, hence the 'new strain' bollocks they've been spouting for the past few days. There's over 200 (I think that's the correct number) strains of COVID, a virus has to adapt and change in order to survive.

seen some stuff that this strain isn’t unique to se england ......it’s in other parts of the work also. But it spreads more quickly ....... the virus does mutate to spread as efficiently as possible.  Maybe it will be less effective aswell and cause less serious illness ? 

they haven’t made it up .... I agree it looks a bit contrived since Hancock mentioned it on Monday ......... but whilst creating it to frighten the population into being more careful is more than feasible, locking down the capital wouldn’t have been on their agenda. the way cases are increasing so quickly down here at the moment says that people are either not being very careful or this new strain is real 

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

London to go into tier 4. Seems dodgy how they were allowed to be in tier 2 in the first place. 

Tier 2 to Tier 4 in a matter of dayslol

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

seen some stuff that this strain isn’t unique to se england ......it’s in other parts of the work also. But it spreads more quickly ....... the virus does mutate to spread as efficiently as possible.  Maybe it will be less effective aswell and cause less serious illness ? 

they haven’t made it up .... I agree it looks a bit contrived since Hancock mentioned it on Monday ......... but whilst creating it to frighten the population into being more careful is more than feasible, locking down the capital wouldn’t have been on their agenda. the way cases are increasing so quickly down here at the moment says that people are either not being very careful or this new strain is real 

Maybe bollocks wasn't the correct word. There is likely to be new strains, there has been probably every week or two since this started back in March. It's just highly convinient that it's now being mentioned as a means to justify lockdown us down again, why wasn't any of the other new strains worrying us a couple of months back?

Maybe I'm just being me again, but IMO it's going to be used as a means for them to backtrack on their Christmas mixing rules and also justify another lockdown in January.

23 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

London to go into tier 4. Seems dodgy how they were allowed to be in tier 2 in the first place. 

Will people listen though?

If they already have plans they'll probably just go ahead with them and take the risks. 

People in my own wider family are thinking of going here and there much to the annoyance of my mum.

12 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Tier 2 to Tier 4 in a matter of dayslol

Maybe bollocks wasn't the correct word. There is likely to be new strains, there has been probably every week or two since this started back in March. It's just highly convinient that it's now being mentioned as a means to justify lockdown us down again, why wasn't any of the other new strains worrying us a couple of months back?

Maybe I'm just being me again, but IMO it's going to be used as a means for them to backtrack on their Christmas mixing rules and also justify another lockdown in January.

Of course it is. New Tier 4 and reducing Xmas mixing to just Xmas day for everyone else + leaking to the press before the press conference... Again. 

Cracks me up really and was it only 3 days ago that Bojo the imbecile was accusing Starmer of wanting to cancel Xmas at PMQs.  Amazing 

And still a huge percentage of the muppets who voted for this lazy charlatan will lap up everything he spews.. 

• Like 4