Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

5 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Wonder what this is doing to the mental health of millions across the country? Missus is just the phone to the phone to the in laws (luckily the most postive people ever), its the most depressed I've ever heard them :(

It will be the unspoken killer. I wonder if they'll do some promotions and adverts of actors playing suicide victims saying " I felt I had no alternative but to take my own life in order to help save others "

Just hideous this is, deeply unpleasant consequences whatever decisions are made. Don't know what the answer is.

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Not read the latest but I find it easier to get info from here than the news.

Can I travel to Leicester from Norfolk on Christmas eve with this latest change? Would be by train. Not seen my mum since August and she'll be on her own

Simply don’t know yet. The Christmas Day only pretty much stops travelling for folks even with a car. You can’t drink. Folk can’t take public transport between 23rd to 24th. Pretty stops Christmas even in Tier 1, 2 and 3 for most people 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Simply don’t know yet. The Christmas Day only pretty much stops travelling for folks even with a car. You can’t drink. Folk can’t take public transport between 23rd to 24th. Pretty stops Christmas even in Tier 1, 2 and 3 for most people 

Great! Already booked train tickets. Disgraceful 4 days before it was meant to be lifted

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Not read the latest but I find it easier to get info from here than the news.

Can I travel to Leicester from Norfolk on Christmas eve with this latest change? Would be by train. Not seen my mum since August and she'll be on her own

As she is a one person household you can form a support bubble with her.

• Like 1

We were going to nip round mum and dad's on Christmas Eve for gift exchange and a quick beer, one of my brothers was going to do the same but on Boxing day, whilst my other brother was going to be down in Cornwall. They were the totality of our Christmas plans and i wouldn't have mixed with my brothers at all. We were all happier having Christmas day to ourselves and just making time individually to see mum and dad. I'm not sure allowing mixing only on Christmas day is right move - surely its just going to result in more people trying to cram in seeing more people all on one day as its the only option? Where as if you had planned it like I had and spaced it out it would have been far more safe and sensible. 

• Like 1

This is the problem, everyone is jaded and no-one listens to the Government anymore.

This is absolutely dreadful news. The government have honestly euphemised it. The new strain is equally lethal, far more infective and affects the target of the Pfizer vaccine. I think this is the biggest setback we've had since all this started and there is serious risk of COVID becoming endemic to the UK and evading our vaccines. We ought to be right back into full national lockdown until we're clear of the effect it has on vaccination and until a large proportion of the population is vaccinated.

But the majority aren't goinng to care.

• Like 3

Our only chance was to close the borders in March and try to eradicate it like New Zealand and part of Australia has. Yes that bring its own limitations, we'd be unable to leave the country without strict isolation periods but I'd take that now. 

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 1