Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

5 hours ago, Vacamion said:

I’ve just seen a “Protect The Pangolins” advert on Sky News.

It shows a bloke stoking a Pangolin like a pet and letting a Pangolin lick water out of his hand.

I appreciate that they want to provoke sympathetic feelings in their target audience to make them donate, but isn’t humans consorting with Pangolins part of how we got in this mess in the first place?  :blink:

Weird.

Maybe just let these endangered creatures live their lives without the fear that some mad fecker might eat them because he has a tiny dick and thinks eating a wild animal might help with that 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ian__marshall said:

I feel quite annoyed that the EU seem to be framing this whole situation as if the UK are responsible for them not receiving these vaccines.

Aside from the fact that some of AZs manufacturing plants are based within our borders, the contract is between AZ and the EU not the UK and EU.

Whatever contractual agreements are in place between us and AZ are confidential. Likewise for the EU AZ contract. AZs failure to fulfil any obligations regarding supply to the EU has absolutely nothing to do with us as a nation and they're using the backdrop of Brexit as a means to stir up distrust and deflect away from their own failures. 

In fairness it’s only this ridiculous Greek bint who is driving the them and us narrative . Who gave her the leading health role over 27 countries ? 

59 minutes ago, Dunge said:

Not to worry. That will definitely somehow be the UK’s fault by the end of the day.

I have found some more interesting facts. I said earlier that everything was at 200L scale.  I have now noticed that the VMIC have installed two 1000L bio reactors at Oxford, and I also saw somewhere that a third 1000L was there too.  If this is true then  it would mean that the majority of manufacture that AZ is doing in the uk is on equipment funded by the U.K. government to protect the U.K. population in a pandemic.

https://www.vmicuk.com/pressrelease/2020-review

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stivo said:

I have found some more interesting facts. I said earlier that everything was at 200L scale.  I have now noticed that the VMIC have installed two 1000L bio reactors at Oxford, and I also saw somewhere that a third 1000L was there too.  If this is true then  it would mean that the majority of manufacture that AZ is doing in the uk is on equipment funded by the U.K. government to protect the U.K. population in a pandemic.

https://www.vmicuk.com/pressrelease/2020-review

It doesn’t stop eg the Irish media from peddling the myth that the EU funded the AZ production facilities and fuelling anti -UK sentiment 

5 minutes ago, surrifox said:

It doesn’t stop eg the Irish media from peddling the myth that the EU funded the AZ production facilities and fuelling anti -UK sentiment 

There has to be a point where the U.K. should make a statement, we are presumably trying to stay out of the AZ eu spat. But there comes a point when we need to say or leak something. 

EU now refusing to export vaccines to Northern Ireland, in contravention of the Brexit deal, and effectively sticking a border between the Republic and Northern Ireland.

They're making a colossal mess up of this.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stivo said:

There has to be a point where the U.K. should make a statement, we are presumably trying to stay out of the AZ eu spat. But there comes a point when we need to say or leak something. 

If the Eu have really embargoed supplies of vaccine to N I we have no alternative but to ignore any imaginary customs border and supply them direct . The EU commissioners driving this almost certainly lack any wider mandate for such nonsense 

1 hour ago, Corky said:

This really isn't the time for posturing or point scoring. People's lives need saving.

The MSM would be up in arms if we were behaving like this towards the EU though. They're acting shamefully at the moment and escaping criticism everywhere except the Murdoch papers.

2 hours ago, Stivo said:

Personally think we are playing it well. Evident that remainers and publishers such as the Guardian are siding against the EU. This debacle is going to hurt the EU, people aren’t stupid and there’s going to more disgruntled voices against them than ever in countries such as Italy 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

The MSM would be up in arms if we were behaving like this towards the EU though. They're acting shamefully at the moment and escaping criticism everywhere except the Murdoch papers.

Guardian led with it as front main story today regards the EU blocking imports potentially and theres a lengthy article on their website today praising AZ to the tilt 

They're acting like a right bunch of ***** here - can see us getting ****ed over with Pfizer export bans screwing up our second doses. Hope not! :fc:

Not sure what leverage we've got over them to stop this export ban, I can't imagine they're bothered by avoiding bad press or doing the morally right thing when there's millions of vaccine doses on the line. Maybe we'll just have to sack off new first doses of Pfizer and reserve what we've got for second doses or something.

41 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Murdoch papers are the MSM

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Magictv said:

They're acting like a right bunch of ***** here - can see us getting ****ed over with Pfizer export bans screwing up our second doses. Hope not! :fc:

Not sure what leverage we've got over them to stop this export ban, I can't imagine they're bothered by avoiding bad press or doing the morally right thing when there's millions of vaccine doses on the line. Maybe we'll just have to sack off new first doses of Pfizer and reserve what we've got for second doses or something.

Ireland’s leverage as it stands. They need the soft border for general trade. I would imagine their government went fcuking nuts at the EU

Didn't think much could surprise me any more but I'm genuinely astonished by those Macron comments.

And I'm less surprised, but still slightly incredulous of the EU's recent behaviour. So many needless own goals being scored - this virus is having an emotional impact on people who should know how to respond better.

• Like 2