Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

13 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Novavax vaccine to be bottled at Barnard Castle (60m). Are the Government having a larf? 

Bet Dom didn't see that coming. 

I for one can’t wait for the bants on this if that’s true.

We've heard a lot about adverse reactions after being vaccinated with a first dose of the AZ vaccine. But will the same problems arise with the booster jab? Could it be that protection provided by the first jab helps to minimise or even eliminate such similar reactions, after the second dose of the AZ vaccine is received? Also, could adverse reactions to the first dose actually put some folk off receiving their second dose, even if the answer to the previous question is yes? Btw, a friend of mine and his wife recently had Covid-19, and he described as truly awful, and the most ill he'd ever been in his life. When you hear of such experiences, you do question the sanity of anti-vaxers.

7 minutes ago, String fellow said:

We've heard a lot about adverse reactions after being vaccinated with a first dose of the AZ vaccine. But will the same problems arise with the booster jab? Could it be that protection provided by the first jab helps to minimise or even eliminate such similar reactions, after the second dose of the AZ vaccine is received? Also, could adverse reactions to the first dose actually put some folk off receiving their second dose, even if the answer to the previous question is yes? Btw, a friend of mine and his wife recently had Covid-19, and he described as truly awful, and the most ill he'd ever been in his life. When you hear of such experiences, you do question the sanity of anti-vaxers.

I’m currently about 24 hours into being as rough as a badgers arse from the first dose but I’ll have the second. I really do hope it’s nowhere near as bad though lol

Back playing football tomorrow so I hope it ****s off very soon.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’m currently about 24 hours into being as rough as a badgers arse from the first dose but I’ll have the second. I really do hope it’s nowhere near as bad though lol

Back playing football tomorrow so I hope it ****s off very soon.

Vaccines work generally, by "tricking" cells into reacting to an infection and producing antibodies to fight against it. The first vaccine should have produced that result but a further dose is needed to strengthen the antibody response. You shouldn't get the same after effects following the second dose although some  people might.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Panorama should be a decent watch in 5 minutes time.  Tip of the iceberg stuff. :thumbup:

BBC News - Covid: Secret filming exposes contamination risk at test results lab
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56556806

The link to to article they've made. 

Some of their points are genuinely bullshit. Others are concerning that a member of staff has been able to do it for as long as they have.

Edited by UniFox21

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

I had Covid at the start of the first lockdown, even tracing it back to a Cyprus returnee who sadly died. I was very ill to the point of having an emergency doctor and NHS 111 telling my wife to dial 999. I was on the brink of being admitted and really thought that I was going to be another to add to the death list (next slide please). My Dad did make it onto the list. 

I guess that I was lucky. I had the OXAZ vaccine and didn't have any side effects. I'm 62 and immune suppressed. Not sure if that makes a difference. 

Really sorry to hear about your Dad…. Glad your still about and and that it wasn’t bad for you 

I had heard (but couldn’t corroborate) that it was rougher if you’d already had it…

Seeing quite a lot of people my age (30) getting there jabs in the last week or so. Every time I go online to book it, it says I can’t have mine yet, can’t imagine I know that many people with underlying health issues so don’t know what the craic is 

7 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Seeing quite a lot of people my age (30) getting there jabs in the last week or so. Every time I go online to book it, it says I can’t have mine yet, can’t imagine I know that many people with underlying health issues so don’t know what the craic is 

Unpaid carers.... no proof needed and it’s just a case of helping parents who are in the top 6 tiers qualifies.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Samilktray said:

A few doctors have been offering to under 50’s and as someone else said, unpaid carers. I look after someone and thus qualified.

Has anyone had any side effects from the vaccine?

I had very mild cold like symptoms but weirdly, I’ve barely slept since either. I don’t feel particularly tired and it’s not affected my productivity (will see today if that remains).

9 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I had very mild cold like symptoms but weirdly, I’ve barely slept since either. I don’t feel particularly tired and it’s not affected my productivity (will see today if that remains).

No major side effects so far (but it was only yesterday). Last night I had the best night's sleep I've had in months. Felt really tired and went to bed at 9 and slept until 7 this morning.

I might go back for another one today! lol

1 minute ago, stripeyfox said:

No major side effects so far (but it was only yesterday). Last night I had the best night's sleep I've had in months. Felt really tired and went to bed at 9 and slept until 7 this morning.

I might go back for another one today! lol

Ah fair play mate, might just be me then.
I wouldn’t mind so much if I wasn’t stopping in hotels, I could have saved a fortune if I had of known :D

I’m in my 40’s and my GP contacted me to book an appointment and I got the jab yesterday, my wife, slightly younger was also offered but she couldn’t make the appointment so they said she’ll be contacted in a couple of weeks. 

29 minutes ago, Strokes said:

My legs feel like they are carrying a dead weight around more than normal! Other than that I’m ok so far. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Personally only had an achey shoulder and a swelling where she stabbed me. 

But I know of people who were similar to you and could barely sleep for a few days. 

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Personally only had an achey shoulder and a swelling where she stabbed me. 

But I know of people who were similar to you and could barely sleep for a few days. 

Yeah it’s strange, I’ve had bouts of insomnia in the past but I’ve always felt shattered and had shit on my mind. This is just a case of not being tired, hopefully it passes soon.

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Yeah it’s strange, I’ve had bouts of insomnia in the past but I’ve always felt shattered and had shit on my mind. This is just a case of not being tired, hopefully it passes soon.

... When you said you got jabbed no questions asked... 

Probably a good idea to ask at least one question. Like wtf are you injecting me with. lol

• Haha 1

https://www.itv.com/thismorning/articles/matt-hancock-third-vaccine-travel-holiday-ban

Matt Hancock has said that holidays abroad are still unlikely this summer as he claims a third jab could be introduced later this autumn as part of the vaccine rollout, following new fears over the Brazillian and South African variants of the virus.

Speaking to Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby on This Morning, the Health Secretary said we need to be 'cautious' as the UK heads out of lockdown, explaining that international travel could pose a threat to our current vaccination efforts.

When asked why Britons can't go on holiday, Mr Hancock replied: "The biggest problem that we've got in terms of holidays, is that if there is a new variant that the vaccine doesn't work against."

Questioned as to how they plan to safeguard against new risks, the Health Secretary revealed that a new jab was being worked on.

"So we're also working on a new vaccine that we might have to roll out in the autumn, to give people a third dose that will deal with this problem. So we're working on that now...there might be a third jab in the autumn, yes."

Asked by Holly if he had any plans to travel this year, Matt Hancock said he would be enjoying a 'great British summer' and staying in the UK.

"I'm very confident that we're going to have a great British summer and having great holidays here."

Asked what assurance he would give to tour operators and businesses that rely on international travel, he added: "I have a lot of sympathy, we all want to get [travel] going as soon as possible but the most important thing is to protect the recovery here at home."