Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

Seen a lot of people warning about lockdowns and warning that releasing too quickly will cause another spike, which I get but I don't see what these people are suggesting as an alternative. Lockdown for eternity? Seriously think some people would love this.

https://twitter.com/ReicherStephen/status/1376459109063655424?s=20

Edited by Chocolate Teapot
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Seen a lot of people warning about lockdowns and warning that releasing too quickly will cause another spike, which I get but I don't see what these people are suggesting as an alternative. Lockdown for eternity? Seriously think some people would love this.

https://twitter.com/ReicherStephen/status/1376459109063655424?s=20

The way I see it, is if the scientists themselves are saying it's ok to do stuff then we should take their advice just as we have when they've said to stay in. It has to work both ways.

It's time to start living again.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

The way I see it, is if the scientists themselves are saying it's ok to do stuff then we should take their advice just as we have when they've said to stay in. It has to work both ways.

It's time to start living again.

Agree, infections are still low, the trend is positive. Its time for the government to crack on with the vaccines and get a strong roll out amongst younger age groups. I don't think anyone is expecting a full return to Normal. Foreign travel is going to be off limits for a bit and that's fine. We're off the back of 3 months of the strongest lockdown measures in the world which has worked, we can't keep living like this though.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot
  • Like 4

Strikes me that Chile went far too quick too soon. We aren’t getting indoor environments for a while yet which they have. 

The biggest fear is mixing - I’m sure someone will think I’m taking the piss here. But surely it would make sense to nominate your group of six and stick with it? Rather than meeting hundreds in various groups of six? 

The issue that we're going to be contending with when restrictions are eased is people bending rules further. As of today you can have a gathering of six in a private garden, but how many of those do you reckon will end up inside the house after a few drinks or the weather changing?

33 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Strikes me that Chile went far too quick too soon. We aren’t getting indoor environments for a while yet which they have. 

The biggest fear is mixing - I’m sure someone will think I’m taking the piss here. But surely it would make sense to nominate your group of six and stick with it? Rather than meeting hundreds in various groups of six? 

To be fair I would have been OK with that for now. It's just nice to be able to see people again. 

Anyone else who had the virus had the jab too?

i had COVID back in March 2020 - pretty mild and self isolated- I’ve had far worse colds and didn’t even need paracetamol 

I had the Asra Zeneca on Friday…. Had a horrible nights sleep and felt really washed out (mild flu like symptoms) for 24 hours and still a little tired Sunday…

Anyone else get that?  The jab was nearly worse than the bloody COVID!  I am still delighted I have had it as I want to give my Mum a cuddle!  And it really wasn’t that bad…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wolfox said:

i had COVID back in March 2020 - pretty mild and self isolated- I’ve had far worse colds and didn’t even need paracetamol 

I had the Asra Zeneca on Friday…. Had a horrible nights sleep and felt really washed out (mild flu like symptoms) for 24 hours and still a little tired Sunday…

Anyone else get that?  The jab was nearly worse than the bloody COVID!  I am still delighted I have had it as I want to give my Mum a cuddle!  And it really wasn’t that bad…

I had Covid in September and it was pretty much the same for me. Just sucked that I couldn't taste or smell anything, something that I'm still experiencing now to an extent. 

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Agree, infections are still low, the trend is positive. Its time for the government to crack on with the vaccines and get a strong roll out amongst younger age groups. I don't think anyone is expecting a full return to Normal. Foreign travel is going to be off limits for a bit and that's fine. We're off the back of 3 months of the strongest lockdown measures in the world which has worked, we can't keep living like this though.

The government cannot do that at the moment-  they are running low on supplies until end of April.

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

23 deaths today. An increase of 6 from last week but generally speaking we're seeing consistently lower numbers. 

We had 19 yesterday. Last Sunday and Monday it was 33 and 17 so 50 in total, 42 this week.

The media referring to the new briefing room as 'White House style'. 

Why are people so desperate to ape America; its tragic. 

The tradition and heritage of our parliamentary and governmental buildings should be something to be proud of. Not a conduit through which we set ourselves against America. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Wolfox said:

This may have been mentioned previously (I can't be arsed to scroll through 700 pages), but I believe that there is some evidence* that says that your vaccine reaction is stronger if you've previously had the infection - people who've already had the virus feeling rougher after their vaccine than people who haven't been infected.

*Either it's scientific evidence, or it's what my neighbour said across the fence last week...can't remember which :unsure:

• Haha 1

got my first jab at the Peepul Centre this afternoon. Hard not to be impressed with the slick and efficient process. Really good. No side effects (so far).

Was on a Teams call after with colleagues in Germany and Belgium who were green with envy when I explained that I was late as I'd just got back from being vaccinated

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

got my first jab at the Peepul Centre this afternoon. Hard not to be impressed with the slick and efficient process. Really good. No side effects (so far).

Was on a Teams call after with colleagues in Germany and Belgium who were green with envy when I explained that I was late as I'd just got back from being vaccinated

Hope you had your Union Jack just behind you and a picture of Maj on the wall ...   :D

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

The media referring to the new briefing room as 'White House style'. 

Why are people so desperate to ape America; its tragic. 

The tradition and heritage of our parliamentary and governmental buildings should be something to be proud of. Not a conduit through which we set ourselves against America. 

Quite . What next - our own version of “Lyin’ Barbie” McEnany trundling out a load of self serving falsehoods in support of the dear leader ?

4 hours ago, Wolfox said:

I had Covid at the start of the first lockdown, even tracing it back to a Cyprus returnee who sadly died. I was very ill to the point of having an emergency doctor and NHS 111 telling my wife to dial 999. I was on the brink of being admitted and really thought that I was going to be another to add to the death list (next slide please). My Dad did make it onto the list. 

I guess that I was lucky. I had the OXAZ vaccine and didn't have any side effects. I'm 62 and immune suppressed. Not sure if that makes a difference.