Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

Nottingham yesterday, Leeds today. Going to have daily park updates every nice day for the foreseeable aren't we lol

Just saw the Lenny Henry NHS message on TV. I understand why and I hope it does encourage people to take it but I thought the tone was incredibly patronising. 

• Like 1

We are told that vaccination reduces hospitalisations to extremely low levels ...... we also know that hospitalisations in the under fifties isnt high as a proportion of those Infected. Clearly an increase in cases over the next four weeks is a risk for the 40/50 y olds who will not be vaccinated for another 4/8 weeks but we shouldn’t expect that to overwhelm the NHS to high levels. Hence whilst it isnt great to have masses of kids mixing in parks, surely it’s not a big risk either ??.

These students have been locked in their halls for months, let him without sin cast the first stone as they say, we were all young once, I don't see a few lads getting rowdy after a few too many being anything new, just jumped on by the media. I don't condone such behavior and never will but lads having a punch up after a few too many, especially given the circumstances, it isn't exactly shocking nor should it be front page news that causes older people (who I'm sure have never done anything wrong themselves) to be up in arms about it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Nottingham yesterday, Leeds today. Going to have daily park updates every nice day for the foreseeable aren't we lol

Just saw the Lenny Henry NHS message on TV. I understand why and I hope it does encourage people to take it but I thought the tone was incredibly patronising. 

Aimed at BAME people wasn’t it as they are worried about a lack of uptake in some communities .

Generally with 60% of adults vaccinated it must be pretty safe to go out at least.

And shielding ends this week too so the Government will be confident even at greater risk can go out .

4 hours ago, Webbo said:

I just took my daughter (24) to the People centre for a jab. She'd been rang by the GP and sent a letter and told to make an appointment, because she had an underlying condition. we don't know what that condition is but that's what they said.

She got there, her name was on the list, the the girl giving her the jab asked her why she was there, because she obviously wasn't over 50 she told them what I've told you and they wouldn't let her have the jab. The NHS contacted her, she didn't ask for it.They'd obviously allocated a jab for her, so what's going to happen to that? Bit annoying really.

Went on the website last night to see if I was eligible for the jab as I'm a part time carer for my mum.

It said I could book so I'm going in tomorrow to the Peepul Centre.

Then, today, got a text from my local surgery saying I was eligible and could book a jab through them.

I assume these things are unconnected but felt spooky!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Went on the website last night to see if I was eligible for the jab as I'm a part time carer for my mum.

It said I could book so I'm going in tomorrow to the Peepul Centre.

Then, today, got a text from my local surgery saying I was eligible and could book a jab through them.

I assume these things are unconnected but felt spooky!

You wait till the stuffs in you Geoff - they’ll know where are 24/7 !

It’s so weird but every time my phone rings, it’s for me ................

• Haha 2

I had my jab yesterday at 1pm thanks to the advice/links on here and without trying to be too much of a 'man' and overly dramatic - it was the most ill I've ever been in my life 😂 I've clearly never had the flu before because that was awful. I felt it kick it pretty much instantly at 8pm and it started off as chills with uncontrollable shakes, at this point I was actually finding it funny. But then it moved on to aching all over and a fever and I was burning up and then an intense headache. Lasted all through the night, soaked bedsheets like others have reported. I got a few hours sleep around 4am and I woke up at 7.30am and feeling pretty normal, just a dull headache. Weird experience

14 hours ago, Webbo said:

I just took my daughter (24) to the People centre for a jab. She'd been rang by the GP and sent a letter and told to make an appointment, because she had an underlying condition. we don't know what that condition is but that's what they said.

She got there, her name was on the list, the the girl giving her the jab asked her why she was there, because she obviously wasn't over 50 she told them what I've told you and they wouldn't let her have the jab. The NHS contacted her, she didn't ask for it.They'd obviously allocated a jab for her, so what's going to happen to that? Bit annoying really.

Well that's bullshit. You should have been given it purely on the basis they'd p***** you about. 

If she wants one I've got a link you can use and can tell you what to say lol

I had mine done at Boots Fosse park. 

21 minutes ago, Houdini Logic said:

I had my jab yesterday at 1pm thanks to the advice/links on here and without trying to be too much of a 'man' and overly dramatic - it was the most ill I've ever been in my life 😂 I've clearly never had the flu before because that was awful. I felt it kick it pretty much instantly at 8pm and it started off as chills with uncontrollable shakes, at this point I was actually finding it funny. But then it moved on to aching all over and a fever and I was burning up and then an intense headache. Lasted all through the night, soaked bedsheets like others have reported. I got a few hours sleep around 4am and I woke up at 7.30am and feeling pretty normal, just a dull headache. Weird experience

Wait for it to kick back in towards the end of the day. Each day come about 6 I'm still wiped out and feeling awful again. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I’m convinced now I didn’t get it ..  I’m sure she missed my arm and squirted it up the wall cus I didn’t feel a thing and have had no reaction whatsoever ...   :unsure:

I explained this the other day, mate. When you're getting on a bit, you don't have the (metaphorically) testosterone-packed immune system of a virile young Babylon, so you often get little or no vaccine reaction. I was the same.

The good news is that, despite the lack of reaction, the vaccine seems to be just as effective for geriatrics, so folk like Babs are not getting any more benefit for their extra pain.

The bad news is that it is clear evidence that we are coffin dodgers and will be long gone at a time when Babs is still populating the world with his babies. :thumbup:

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I’m convinced now I didn’t get it ..  I’m sure she missed my arm and squirted it up the wall cus I didn’t feel a thing and have had no reaction whatsoever ...   :unsure:

Given a placebo... 

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Given a placebo... 

b4c706bef34f4d134db55b4089961a40.jpg

Couldn't help myself....Regarding the Swift Queue 11.30 bookings, my friend attended one and was encouraged to share the information as they're badged as "waste reduction" or something so wouldn't be too anxious about being shown the door.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Webbo said:

That's shocking. A colleague of mine who is 20 got a letter from her GP and wasn't aware she had any underlying health condition. But the didn't turn her away, they acted on the instructions of the GP and actually said if you turn it down you'll be marked as refused and you won't be offered again. I hope you took the name of the people who refused the jab, as I don't think it's their responsibility to be judging who is worthy of the jab. I hope theirs a route you can make a complaint through.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

I'm the same, we must be real men. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Houdini Logic said:

Now your One of them....!!!   Its Too late they can reprogramme you at any time....:glare:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Wait for it to kick back in towards the end of the day. Each day come about 6 I'm still wiped out and feeling awful again. 

Had the same. Keep thinking I’m fine and then realising I’m not.

Played football last night and when I finished I felt rough again and was struggling to sleep.

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Same here - bit of a chill and tiredness but that was in February so might have  been cold anyway !

And under 60 which is the age group who are meant to get more symptoms than those older.

I had my first jab on Monday 15th at 4pm 

Had no side effects other than a bit of a headache which started at 4am next morning and felt a bit tired most of Tuesday but right as rain by next morning. My wife was a bit more wiped out by it than me but not terrible

i know of people who have felt dreadful for days and equally I know many who have no side effects or very very mild so my view is that it’s just random as to reaction.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RonnieTodger said:

Just had the vaccine, was a doddle.

Didn't get given a second date yet, which apparently you're supposed to? I guess they'll contact me.

Nah, they'll contact you if they contacted you for the first. If you booked it, i think you can book your second at the same time.

• Thanks 1