Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

I provided over 70 journal articles proving they do work earlier in the thread, whoever I replied to just ignored it.

They work so well that nobody at my gym - puffing panting and sweating and chatting -  nor my office - nattering all day  - wears them.

We must all have some severe delayed covid reaction as there appears so far  to be no obvious breakout at either premises..Or maybe simple good hand hygiene helps. 

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

They work so well that nobody at my gym - puffing panting and sweating and chatting -  nor my office - nattering all day  - wears them.

We must all have some severe delayed covid reaction as there appears so far  to be no obvious breakout at either premises..Or maybe simple good hand hygiene helps. 

For ****s sake. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Harrydc
12 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

I provided over 70 journal articles proving they do work earlier in the thread, whoever I replied to just ignored it.

You can't find anything you want with your desired opinion. The Internet is a huge place. 

I've found scientific journal articles showing that they do not work. 

The fact is that when masks were introduced things were okay, and then we had the '2nd wave'. 

Just now, Harrydc said:

You can't find anything you want with your desired opinion. The Internet is a huge place. 

I've found scientific journal articles showing that they do not work. 

The fact is that when masks were introduced things were okay, and then we had the '2nd wave'. 

Send the articles over please, let's compare notes and credibility?

• Like 2

They say it is to allow more vaccines to be done which I think would have been an  quite obvious thing to do in the first place.

Have to say if we are going to keep moving back the dates for every variant though we might not ever get back to normal?

As usual a date was set putting pressure and expectations on the Government to stick to it when that was probably unlikely. 

People should be directing this anger at the government not each other.

We all want to live our lives and enjoy ourselves, some people just have different opinions on what the best thing to be doing is.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

People should be directing this anger at the government not each other.

We all want to live our lives and enjoy ourselves, some people just have different opinions on what the best thing to be doing is.

I know this isn't the place for politics, but Boris has yet again seemed to have escaped any real scrutiny on this. Delaying the red listing of India is the fundamental reason as to why this delay is how happening.

Yes, the Delta variant would have got here eventually, but it would have taken far longer to become dominant, and bought the time to get second doses up for when it did start becoming dominant.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

There's your headline "Third wave to be worse than first"

Not damaging though remember :yawn:

There wasn't mass testing in the first wave though so we don't know the true amount of cases from that time.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Someone needs to come out and tell us the vaccine doesn’t work, that’s what they are implying.

Or these new variants over come it?

They seem to be concentrating on getting the youngsters vaccinated but wonder how long before they tell people to shield again if its that serious.

37 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

There's your headline "Third wave to be worse than first"

Not damaging though remember :yawn:

Absolute bollocks. How can a successful vaccine programme lead to the first wave being exceeded at this point of the pandemic? (its not even classed as a pandemic any more?) 

What happened to being led by the data and not overwhelming the NHS? Surely lack of severe hospitalisations and low deaths does that? 

36 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

@StanSP Telegraph saying the 30 limit at weddings will be increased but they'll still be a limit. On my phone so can't post a link sorry!

How many people you wanting?

Original plans are for just under 90.

My gut feeling is it'll be 50 or some arbitrary figure. It's a plus because it finally goes over the 30 limit which has been in place far too long. I still can't comprehend how it's remained at 30 for so long while other events have been allowed to have so many more. It's ridiculous. 

• Like 1