Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Odsonne Edouard

16 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Sorry mate but this is nonsense. There is more pressure playing for the old firm than any team one the EPL, without a shadow of a doubt. 

At Rangers and Celtic, they are expected to win every single week. They are compared to past teams when they were european giants and are held to that standard and every single move their players make are not only on the back pages of the papers every day but often the front aswell. 

Unless you have experienced the culture up here with regards to the old firm then you can't u understand it but the intensity of scrutiny that these guys are under up here is utterly absurd and I doubt there are very many similar environments in world football. 

No, that is nonsense. Pressure??!! They go out there every week knowing they are going to romp to victory. The only pressure entry have is the old firm derby and possibly Europe but really hey are expected to lose so the pressure isn’t that great. 

• Like 2

This season Kelechi has looked so much better both in terms of goals and link up play. I am surprised the club would sell him on although the fact that he is never given consistent game time and substituted when playing well suggests this might happen.Agree he seems to fade in matches but he is a proven scorer. 

It terms of Edouard the price keeps going up and I don't know whether £40 million is realistic and how much better he is than Iheanacho at Premier League level?. I think Kelechi in the current market is worth more than the £25 million we paid by the way although I think he only has another year on his contract. Would not be happy if he is sold to Villa on the cheap,

Sounds like money is tight if we have to sell to bring another striker in which is a bit of a worry 

Keep Kele. Add OE by all means but selling a prolific goalscorer entering his prime is mental. Expecially with our no 9 entering his mid 30s and the real possibility of us being best in a 352 long term.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Sorry mate but this is nonsense. There is more pressure playing for the old firm than any team one the EPL, without a shadow of a doubt. 

At Rangers and Celtic, they are expected to win every single week. They are compared to past teams when they were european giants and are held to that standard and every single move their players make are not only on the back pages of the papers every day but often the front aswell. 

Unless you have experienced the culture up here with regards to the old firm then you can't u understand it but the intensity of scrutiny that these guys are under up here is utterly absurd and I doubt there are very many similar environments in world football. 

If it was Rangers vs Celtic every week, yeah... 

Celtic vs Partick Thistle... yeah loads of pressure 😂 

Celtic is a massive club and anyone that denies that, has an IQ of 1, but don’t pretend that MOST weeks, playing for Celtic isn’t a walk in the park ...  

Edited by lcfceaves
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Nacho needs a move and to be playing every week. Oddly enough, a move to Celtic would probably suit him down to the ground but he may be on too bigger wages for them?

Sorry to be that tw@t, but this should be 'too big a wage for them.'

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, frany104 said:

No, that is nonsense. Pressure??!! They go out there every week knowing they are going to romp to victory. The only pressure entry have is the old firm derby and possibly Europe but really hey are expected to lose so the pressure isn’t that great. 

24 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

If it was Rangers vs Celtic every week, yeah... 

Celtic vs Partick Thistle... yeah loads of pressure 😂 

Celtic is a massive club and anyone that denies that, has an IQ of 1, but don’t pretend that MOST weeks, playing for Celtic isn’t a walk in the park ...  

Yeah, they ARE expected to win by 4/5 every week but if they dont? If they lose? They are crucified by their fans, opposition fans, the media. Even if they sneak a win, it means very little. 

Gerrard for example was under an insane amount of pressure from sections of the rangers support who wanted him fired for not winning a trophy. If he or Lennon lost in both cup finals and lost the league by a point this year.... Realistically, either could still lose their jobs. Seriously  you are saying that's not pressure? 

I'm not defending the quality of the scottish league, I'm saying that the pressure of expectation on these teams up here is unreal. 

And the scrutiny on these young guys personal life? I mind the Rangers croatian left back was getting sh!t because the papers printed that he was friends with Benkovic and would go to his house to play FIFA. Seriously  Rangers fans were giving him stick for being friends with a guy he knew from the national team because he played for Celtic. That's like us turning on Maddison because he is pals with Graelish. 

Say what you want about the quality in scotland and I will agree but when it comes to the pressure and scrutiny these guys get, I will always defend the mentality that's needed to play for Rangers or Celtic. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Yeah, they ARE expected to win by 4/5 every week but if they dont? If they lose? They are crucified by their fans, opposition fans, the media. Even if they sneak a win, it means very little. 

Gerrard for example was under an insane amount of pressure from sections of the rangers support who wanted him fired for not winning a trophy. If he or Lennon lost in both cup finals and lost the league by a point this year.... Realistically, either could still lose their jobs. Seriously  you are saying that's not pressure? 

I'm not defending the quality of the scottish league, I'm saying that the pressure of expectation on these teams up here is unreal. 

And the scrutiny on these young guys personal life? I mind the Rangers croatian left back was getting sh!t because the papers printed that he was friends with Benkovic and would go to his house to play FIFA. Seriously  Rangers fans were giving him stick for being friends with a guy he knew from the national team because he played for Celtic. That's like us turning on Maddison because he is pals with Graelish. 

Say what you want about the quality in scotland and I will agree but when it comes to the pressure and scrutiny these guys get, I will always defend the mentality that's needed to play for Rangers or Celtic. 

I already have :ph34r:

• Haha 3

Just seems such a pointless signing this. If Kelechi was playing in the SPL i can guarentee he would have as many, if not more goals then Edouard. His goal to game ratio this season and at Man City shows that he is prolific when given the oppurtunity. If we are seriously trying to replace the bloke and shell out 30 million on someone then id hope we’d be going for a higher calibre striker then Edouard. 

2 hours ago, Nick said:

Nacho needs a move and to be playing every week. Oddly enough, a move to Celtic would probably suit him down to the ground but he may be on too bigger wages for them?

Not a chance in hell he’d go there 😂 if we are generally willing to sell then Premier league teams would be all over him. 

2 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Not a chance in hell he’d go there 😂 if we are generally willing to sell then Premier league teams would be all over him. 

You think?

Im not of course suggesting he’ll go to Celtic but I’m very unsure there will be lots of PL clubs demanding his signature... Dunno - he’s had a lot of bad press in the last couple of years in terms of fitness and attitude despite seemingly turning it around of late.

This was posted an hour a go and it appears Edouard has two years left on his contract. He's 22yo and very highly rated so you would imagine he won't want to stay in Scotland for much longer than a year. Celtic will probably reluctantly be open to offers as they won't want him refusing to sign a contract and with a year left on his deal this time next year.

https://celtsarehere.com/odsonne-edouard-contract-update-2/

19 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Just seems such a pointless signing this. If Kelechi was playing in the SPL i can guarentee he would have as many, if not more goals then Edouard. His goal to game ratio this season and at Man City shows that he is prolific when given the oppurtunity. If we are seriously trying to replace the bloke and shell out 30 million on someone then id hope we’d be going for a higher calibre striker then Edouard. 

I'm not so sure he would, Edouard has scored and assisted so many both domestically and in Europe for them.

Anyway, Rodgers has got a tune out of Iheanacho that no other manager has managed to here. If he still thinks Eduoard is better and its the perfect time to cash in on Iheanacho with only 2 years left on his contract then I'll trust his judgement.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sdb said:

Keep Kele. Add OE by all means but selling a prolific goalscorer entering his prime is mental. Expecially with our no 9 entering his mid 30s and the real possibility of us being best in a 352 long term.

Totally agree with you.

2 minutes ago, sdb said:

I know this isn't FM 2013 but I wonder if they'd be open to agreeing summer 2021 deal now? They keep him a year longer and we can focus on RW & CB this summer.

So you mean a buy and loan back option then.

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

I'm struggling to think of SPL players transfered to PL clubs that have been successful in recent seasons. Obviously Van Dijk but others?  Tierney (although I think the jury is still out)? So talk of signing an SPL player for £30m is reckless (which I think would be a record?). 

There's quite a long list TBF...

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

I'm struggling to think of SPL players transfered to PL clubs that have been successful in recent seasons. Obviously Van Dijk but others?  Tierney (although I think the jury is still out)? So talk of signing an SPL player for £30m is reckless (which I think would be a record?). 

Robertson, Wanyama, Ryan Fraser (he's been ok).

45 minutes ago, Nick said:

You think?

Im not of course suggesting he’ll go to Celtic but I’m very unsure there will be lots of PL clubs demanding his signature... Dunno - he’s had a lot of bad press in the last couple of years in terms of fitness and attitude despite seemingly turning it around of late.

Press about his attitude? What attitude? 

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Some Scottish Football expert on Talkshite claimed it was unlikely Celtic will do business with Rogers/Leicester.  There are probably better/much cheaper  options to be had around European Leagues that have higher UEFA co-efficient Rankings than the SPL.  Surely our scouting team look outside of old BR boys?? Hopefully.....

Go and sign the top scorer in the Portuguese league again for circa £30m, that's a far stronger league in the past and that approach worked well last time didn't it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Go and sign the top scorer in the Portuguese league again for circa £30m, that's a far stronger league in the past and that approach worked well last time didn't it.

Worked well with Ricardo.

Your point is so invalid there is good players that don't work well at other clubs there is shit leagues and there is also better leagues.

Portugal does produce much better talent than what is in Scotland but there isn't half some cracking individual talent in Scotland aswel regardless if the majority are part time painter and decorators 

Edited by Fox85