Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Odsonne Edouard

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

We have 2 very good strikers. Why we're even considering using 25+mil of our limited transfer budget on getting a new one when we need a good right winger is beyond me.

Because we are too reliant on Vardy. Our 2nd highest goalscorer was Perez with 8. If we consistently finish in Europe, we need more goals in the team. Taking into account if Vardy picked up an injury, his age and we will also be competing in four competitions.  

4 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

We have 2 very good strikers. Why we're even considering using 25+mil of our limited transfer budget on getting a new one when we need a good right winger is beyond me.

We have one very good striker who if gets injured for a season without his goals we'd probably be relegated.

I think its fair enough to want another - especially for around 30 million that the boss knows well.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Because one is 34 next season. And whether we want to accept it or not he is at the end of his career, and the other is still inconsistent. If we went into next season with Vardy and Kalechi as our only two main strikers, I would be very worried.....

Anyway, back to Edouard... I think he is awesome, watched a bit of him pre-covid, and really liked what I saw. Silky first touch, nice turn of pace good technique. Reminds me a little of Henry. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

The only reason to sign him is piss off Chris Sutton.

I think he is a very good player and would be a good signing for us.

So pissing off Chris Sutton is not the only reason to sign him but it would be good to piss him off while we're at it. :yesyes:

Edited by Blue Fox 72

20 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Must have missed when they made the size of our transfer budget public. How much was it?

Just now, adam95581 said:

Didn't someone say that he had a falling out with BR before he left Celtic? 

That was the other French striker, Dembele.

They fell out and Dembele went to Lyon while Brendan stayed.

• Thanks 1

On 07/07/2020 at 23:36, Heymister2015 said:

Celtic fans thinking Edouard would stay for 10 in a row when he could treble his wages at Leicester. All about £££££

It's not like he was involved in all 9 so far which would make more sense if he wanted to stay.

Rodgers is a 'Celtic fan' and he left before securing a treble - he'll come if the money is there.

26 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Who's the second one..........

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Who's the second one..........

The one who has 5 goals 3 assists in 900 minutes? Strikers need a run of games to get into shape and nacho isnt an exception, him getting that return in such limited playing time this season is very impressive.

• Like 1

On 14/06/2020 at 20:26, henrik_62 said:

I think Rodgers would definitely want him as he's worked so closely with him and developed a large part of his career.  My own opinion on him is that he is absolutely different class.  Moussa Dembele was a star for us, unreal, there was no doubt in anyone's mind that he was the best we had in the striking department since Larsson but the second-half of last season Edouard eclipsed anything even Dembele done for us, he was breathtaking. He's going to leave Celtic, he's too good for us, as much as it pains me to say it and too good for Scottish football. The word as I mentioned previously however is he's signed a new deal on mega money (by our standards) to stay for one more season and deliver the 10 then will go with everyone's best wishes.  What will happen this summer though ultimately I guess no one knows.

When Dembele left he made a wise choice in moving to Lyon, somewhere he would play and score goals and will now move to one of Europe's top clubs where he'll probably start every week.  Edouard in my opinion the way he's come on in the last season doesn't need that stepping stone move though and could go and hold his own at a top club already.  I'm not saying starting every game week in week out but in the squad alongside an experienced striker he could make a real contribution over a season and in not too long become the main man.  We got burnt a bit selling Dembele on the cheap and I don't think we'll do the same with Eddy, £30-35m will be our asking price and if there's a number of clubs after him we may get a little bit more.

In my mind he's undoubtedly now the best we've had since Larsson.  He is such a cool finisher, never seems to miss a 1 on 1, electric pace, strong, deadly from free kicks, good with his back to goal, always delivers in the big games. Ibrox, cup finals, Europe.  Pretty mcuh useless in the air is the only weakness I can see in his game and the frightening thing is he'll only get better.  His temparement also is so laid back that nothing fazes him and I think this would really help him when he moves to a top league.

There's people on here who watch Iheanacho most weeks and will be in a better position than me to judge. However I watched a lot of Leicester last season myself, practically every tv game and as good as Iheanacho was as an impact sub the games I saw him, relying on him regularly starting matches and delivering, I don't know if he's what you guys need if you want to be a perennial champions league club.  Again purely based on what I've saw Edouard is in a different class to him.

I don't mean this in any sort of disrespectful way but if you guys do sign him and he develops how I think he will he won't be at Leicester for too long either.  

This post is good enough for me.

@henrik_62 seems a good judge and doesn't seem to let bias cloud that. BR has also worked with him so knows what he's buying.

If you can get a player in who you believe is top quality even if other players are standing in their way then it's usually good business to do that and sort things out after they've signed. We might be able to move Iheanacho on for £20m and bring Edouard in for £30m which probably equals good business. 

Plenty of games next season to keep most of the squad happy and Vardy isn't getting any younger and may need to be managed before handing over his crown to the new kid. Also BR might want to play 3-5-2 more often if he thinks it suits the personnel we have at the club. Get him in.

• Like 2

Schmeichel

Justin

Evans

Soyuncu

Ricardo

Tielemans

Ndidi

Maddison

Chilwell

Edouard

Vardy

Might be useful? Especially if we cannot find a RW... I always find both vardy and Iheanacho play better in a two and are less isolated. 

• Like 1

He looks like a complete striker. Type of relative unknown that would shock the Premier League at first as well I reckon. 

Does anyone know if Nixon actually knows anything? Seems to be responding to any fan that asks. 

1 hour ago, scinnell said:

I would take a frontline of Vardy, Edouard, Iheanacho and Perez tbf. WIth the extra games and the possibility of two up top, they will all be needed. 

If Edouard signs for us, Iheanacho will want out.

There’s no way he’ll want to stay, given most games we only play one up front.

• Like 2