Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Odsonne Edouard

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Why not, they need a striker. It's not like this guy is coming from Dortmund, it's still Celtic, any PL team can buy from them. If I was Edouard I would certainly consider playing for Bielsa, a lot of chances would be created for him, big club, coach that can turn players into gold.

4 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Why not, they need a striker. It's not like this guy is coming from Dortmund, it's still Celtic, any PL team can buy from them. If I was Edouard I would certainly consider playing for Bielsa, a lot of chances would be created for him, big club, coach that can turn players into gold.

It depends doesn't it. We're naive if we think tapping up doesn't happen, it's basically 90% of an agent's job. 

He's going to know who's interested. If big clubs are ACTUALLY interested, if he could play champions league football next year for a team in the top four or five leagues, he's not going to Leeds. 

But who knows. Maybe nobody of that calibre is convinced. 

It's like the Aranguiz story. I can actually believe we were genuinely interested back then and that'd we'd really spoke to him, I believe he'd have come to us, it would have been a step up in his career from Internacional. 

But you're gonna pick up Bayer playing in Europe over us at the time any day. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

It depends doesn't it. We're naive if we think tapping up doesn't happen, it's basically 90% of an agent's job. 

He's going to know who's interested. If big clubs are ACTUALLY interested, if he could play champions league football next year for a team in the top four or five leagues, he's not going to Leeds. 

Yeah. I could see him moving to Leeds for guaranteed gametime and someone known for transforming players into greatness, over, say, Spurs to play second fiddle to Kane, though. Just depends on his own priorities. Or he could stay at Celtic.

Maybe Vardy’s understudy for next season, with Pérez & Iheanacho that would be 4 strikers for our (hopefully) Champions League escapades and maybe even give George Hirst a few games in the cups & some League matches... 

Leeds will have some Qatar money too, I don't think Edouard will go there but it's not beyond the realms of possibility. AS has been said, he'd be the main man there too – Bamford is competent enough in the second tier but suffers from a case of the Cameron Jeromes, Dwight Gayle is another who falls into that corridor.

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It's like the Aranguiz story. I can actually believe we were genuinely interested back then and that'd we'd really spoke to him, I believe he'd have come to us, it would have been a step up in his career from Internacional. 

But you're gonna pick up Bayer playing in Europe over us at the time any day. 

Depends how you look at it.

If he goes to Leeds and bags 15-20 goals he'll get a move to one of the elites. I think he'd back himself to score more at Leeds than Leicester.

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Depends how you look at it.

If he goes to Leeds and bags 15-20 goals he'll get a move to one of the elites. I think he'd back himself to score more at Leeds than Leicester.

I didn't mean us particularly. 

Any top six side in Germany, Spain, England, a top three / four club in France, who knows who could be interested in him? 

If he's as good as he's meant to be, good enough for us to sign him and start him, I mean that's the calibre of club that'd be paying 30m to Celtic for him. 

In a hypothetical scenario where us and Leeds were both interested there's every chance he'd choose Leeds, even if we get into Europe. 

Bit of a difference going to a club where Bamford and not Vardy is the incumbent to displace. 

56 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Leeds will have some Qatar money too, I don't think Edouard will go there but it's not beyond the realms of possibility. AS has been said, he'd be the main man there too – Bamford is competent enough in the second tier but suffers from a case of the Cameron Jeromes, Dwight Gayle is another who falls into that corridor.

I'd say he was below the likes of Gayle, but the Jerome comparison is pretty spot on as Bamford looks about average in the championship. Gayle hit 23 goals the last 2 seasons he played in the champ (WBA 18/19 and Newcastle 16/17) and so far Bamford has hit 17 once, and 15 so far this year. 

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I'd say he was below the likes of Gayle, but the Jerome comparison is pretty spot on as Bamford looks about average in the championship. Gayle hit 23 goals the last 2 seasons he played in the champ (WBA 18/19 and Newcastle 16/17) and so far Bamford has hit 17 once, and 15 so far this year. 

Gayle has played up top more than Bamford, though. Was just pointing out he's one of those players decent in the second tier but garbage in the top tier rather than making a direct comparison with playing styles.

29 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Can't see any chance of this happening tbh. Leeds that is.

Would you take a deal of Demarai Gray, Benkovic + £5m? Seems to be a good deal all around you get two players that improve your side plus £5m. We free up some wages, strengthen our forward line at a low cost, as well as freeing up space in the winger department to add to a position of need. 

As for having 3 strikers imo, with European football on the horizon whether that’ll be champions league or Europa league, we need to be able to have 3 options to give us the choice of playing 2 up front on a regular basis.

19 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Would you take a deal of Demarai Gray, Benkovic + £5m? Seems to be a good deal all around you get two players that improve your side plus £5m. We free up some wages, strengthen our forward line at a low cost, as well as freeing up space in the winger department to add to a position of need. 

As for having 3 strikers imo, with European football on the horizon whether that’ll be champions league or Europa league, we need to be able to have 3 options to give us the choice of playing 2 up front on a regular basis.

Not this summer no, wouldn't want to lose Edouard for all the money in the world given how historic a season this could be for us.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, sdb said:

How was OS's relationship with Rodgers? Anything especially stand out?

I don't know about Eddy's specifically but I know as a group the French lads (Dembele, Ntcham and Eddy) weren't meant to have got on with him at all. Obviously there was all the Dembele animosity when he left and even before Rodgers left Ntcham had pot shots at him on social media too. Like I said I don;t know for certain but if I had to say one way or the other I'd have to say they wouldn't have had a great relationship tbh.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

When had that sort of deal ever happened? Can't even do it in football manager these days! 

Part ex is immensely rare as it is, giving them two players isn't going to happen. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Lille have shown before they don’t tend to spend the bulk of the money the receive on one player on a like for like replacement. 

Not ruling it out, but it’s rare you see them spend £20-30m on a player, like Celtic will want. They might need the money with Ligue 1 called off early as well.

Get down the Pub quick.