Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Then, Now, Again

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

That dude makes me unbelievably uncomfortable. 

I feel sorry for him. Spent years and years up in the safety of the matchday announce box not needing to do it. Now he's thrown in to squeeze as much engagement and "fun" out of Fan Cam as possible with the ability and charisma of someone who... well, spent years and years in the safety of a matchday announce box!

5 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

I feel sorry for him. Spent years and years up in the safety of the matchday announce box not needing to do it. Now he's thrown in to squeeze as much engagement and "fun" out of Fan Cam as possible with the ability and charisma of someone who... well, spent years and years in the safety of a matchday announce box!

True this, I highly doubt he asked to stand at pitch side forcibly yelling at small children to dance and" SHOW ME YOUR FORTNITE MOVES" while we're all terrified that he's having to hold back adding "YOU FILTHY BOY" because that's how it comes across. 

I respect the club's loyalty to long term staff, it's great, but if that's the direction they wanted to go they needed to find someone a bit more hip, Blue Peter presenter, down with the kids than a balding middle aged man who probably hasn't had to know what kids like since his own left home like fifteen years ago. 

5 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Are you sure its the same person? The half time cringe is done by the bloke who was doing the interviews on the Champions parade at Victoria Park, not sure why he was picked to do that either.

11 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Are you sure its the same person? The half time cringe is done by the bloke who was doing the interviews on the Champions parade at Victoria Park, not sure why he was picked to do that either.

Yeah, his name is Brad and he's been doing the PA work since the stadium move (or around a season after we moved in).

On 17/06/2020 at 09:34, AjcW said:

Ooofftt... that is not how you do word transitions :( I can see what they were trying to do (Apple) but this is what happens when someone in house makes it on the cheap!

Tbf while our use of it seems to have improved infinitely over the past couple of seasons (apart from two minute slow motion videos of training) the look of our social media output in general is still amateurish. Doesn't help that it seems semi-tied into the King Power brand which in itself is all over the shop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Tbf while our use of it seems to have improved infinitely over the past couple of seasons (apart from two minute slow motion videos of training) the look of our social media output in general is still amateurish. Doesn't help that it seems semi-tied into the King Power brand which in itself is all over the shop.

Not even sure it's 'semi' tied in, not even subtle with it now, the font on 'then, now, again' on the shirts etc is KP branding lol 

The only improvement in Social output has been hiring someone with some semblance of a personality for the twitter/insta content. But that only comes across in reactive content. Anything planned like this requires everyone to be singing from the same sheet and they're clearly not. 

10 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Not even sure it's 'semi' tied in, not even subtle with it now, the font on 'then, now, again' on the shirts etc is KP branding lol 

The only improvement in Social output has been hiring someone with some semblance of a personality for the twitter/insta content. But that only comes across in reactive content. Anything planned like this requires everyone to be singing from the same sheet and they're clearly not. 

Yeah man, that said, their site uses a good half a dozen typefaces, it's a mess.

CG seems to be the one used a lot on our social stuff, that and some weird, stretched, free looking version of Knockout.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
  • Like 1

Will be interesting to see, despite Leicestershire's Chief Police Constable advising people to stay at home, how many would be eager to turn up outside the King Power Stadium when the Brighton game etc are on next week.

Reckon there'll be police bollards etc in operation, if there's not already to prevent people from being as close to the stadium as possible.

10 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Will be interesting to see, despite Leicestershire's Chief Police Constable advising people to stay at home, how many would be eager to turn up outside the King Power Stadium when the Brighton game etc are on next week.

Reckon there'll be police bollards etc in operation, if there's not already to prevent people from being as close to the stadium as possible.

To do what, though? You won't see the game, you won't get in even if you really try, you're just standing outside a ground when a match is on, a match that isn't significant in terms of clinching a prize.

There are three routes into the stadium, I imagine they'll all be shut off. I doubt anyone will turn up yet.

On 17/06/2020 at 09:36, Katy said:

My daughter has done one and it’s really good. Reluctant to post it in here though in case you lot take the piss 😂

Part of her video ended up in the montage anyway. Well proud 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Corky said:

To do what, though? You won't see the game, you won't get in even if you really try, you're just standing outside a ground when a match is on, a match that isn't significant in terms of clinching a prize.

There are three routes into the stadium, I imagine they'll all be shut off. I doubt anyone will turn up yet.

DRONE :ph34r:

On 17/06/2020 at 09:00, Costock_Fox said:

I think people are missing something with this, it’s an opportunity to get something truly vile on the big screens.

I’ll have my half and half round my neck, clapper in hand, Jamie Vardy mask on in FKW mode but the real window of opportunity here is to get something truly vile in the backround. Dildo on the window cill? I haven’t got one but I’m sure I can borrow a neighbours.

Do you pop round and see her often?