Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trumpet

Andy King to leave at the end of the season

All the best to a true club legend. A player who was with us at both our lowest ebb and our greatest ever hour. The club has since outgrown him as we've developed but it shouldn't take away from the legacy this man will leave behind.

Thanks for everything Kingy, and hopefully there is a testimonial game for him when some sense of normality resumes, as I'd love to attend as I'm sure countless others would also want to.

• Like 2

Sad that it's without any bugger in the ground to send him off but I think he'll know how much we appreciate his time here. So many key goals for us, and so many great goals for us.

Obviously the management know best and I presume King has done this so he can play 1st team football. However, I still feel he would have been a useful squad player, hes different to other players we have. Personally when we were a bit light in midfield I would have rather had King than Hamza or James. Still would!

Edited by Foxin_Mad

This has already been summarised by most on here…. If he’s not going to get a kick it’s time to move on

It doesn’t make me feel any less sad as he appears to be such a likeable bloke who’s literally been through the very thickest and thinnest times with us and played his part…

Will be remembered by us all with huge affection I’m sure…

49 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

The Tifo Union FS had planned for Andy King at the last home game of the season was truely fitting of a player who gave the club fantastic service. I’m gutted he and others won’t get to see it at Filbert Way.

Save it for the testimonial (assuming he gets one).

I'm sure you'll get plenty of donations off people on here for it as well.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Still would rather have him here than Matty James, but maybe its sentiment getting in the way.

Well he can score goals when played in his best position. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Still would rather have him here than Matty James, but maybe its sentiment getting in the way.

I mean neither are good enough let's be honest but James was certainly the better of the two before his injuries. 

If you gave James King's shooting and fitness you'd have a top midfielder though. 

Edited by Finnegan

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Testimonial XI of former teammates to play Current LCFC?

Conrad Logan

Danny Simpson

Paul Konchesky

Marcin Wasilewski

Robert Huth

N'Golo Kante

Danny Drinkwater

Aaron Ramsey

Riyad Mahrez

Gareth Bale

David Nugent

Considering we used 40 players in one season there's plenty of choice and so many managers to choose.

Manager Martin Allen departed after five games. His replacement, Gary Megson, lasted for 42 days, and Ian Holloway remained in charge until the end of the season. In the interregna between these appointments, Jon Rudkin, Steve Beaglehole and Mike Stowell held the fort in August 2007, followed by Frank Burrows and Gerry Taggart two months later. 

Adding to this instability, no less than 40 different players were selected during the season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Testimonial XI of former teammates to play Current LCFC?

Conrad Logan

Danny Simpson

Paul Konchesky

Marcin Wasilewski

Robert Huth

N'Golo Kante

Danny Drinkwater

Aaron Ramsey

Riyad Mahrez

Gareth Bale

David Nugent

Just a slight adjustment for me....

Ben Hamer

Danny Simpson

Paul Konchesky

Marcin Wasilewski

Robert Huth

N'Golo Kante

Danny Drinkwater

Aaron Ramsey

Riyad Mahrez

Gareth Bale

David Nugent

Bench

Conrad Logan

9 minutes ago, davieG said:

Considering we used 40 players in one season there's plenty of choice and so many managers to choose.

Manager Martin Allen departed after five games. His replacement, Gary Megson, lasted for 42 days, and Ian Holloway remained in charge until the end of the season. In the interregna between these appointments, Jon Rudkin, Steve Beaglehole and Mike Stowell held the fort in August 2007, followed by Frank Burrows and Gerry Taggart two months later. 

Adding to this instability, no less than 40 different players were selected during the season.

Pearson to manage the first half, Ranieri the second.

3 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Just a slight adjustment for me....

Ben Hamer

Danny Simpson

Paul Konchesky

Marcin Wasilewski

Robert Huth

N'Golo Kante

Danny Drinkwater

Aaron Ramsey

Riyad Mahrez

Gareth Bale

David Nugent

Bench

Conrad Logan

Went for Logan over Hamer as I didn't feel there were enough players from the bad old days in the side.

Just now, Voll Blau said:

Pearson to manage the first half, Ranieri the second.

Went for Logan over Hamer as I didn't feel there were enough players from the bad old days in the side.

You have to consider your duty of care for Logan, playing and not being on the bench maybe too traumatic for him. :P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

The Tifo Union FS had planned for Andy King at the last home game of the season was truely fitting of a player who gave the club fantastic service. I’m gutted he and others won’t get to see it at Filbert Way.

Testimonial? 

Surely we can't just let it end like that. 

10 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I think that's probably the most well written thing to ever come out of our club! Deserves it too. Look forward to the testimonial, guessing it'll be against Chelsea?

Welsh XI 👀