Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trumpet

Andy King to leave at the end of the season

I think it was in our title winning season I was in my seat and a chap just down from me came in. "Seen the team ?" He said. "Yes" I replied. "Andy king... why oh why is king starting ?"

5 mins in and king scores a great goal for 1 nil. The guy shouts to me and says "what were you saying about king?"

I replied... "I fuucking love Andy king I do!"

• Like 1

I can't for one second work out anyone who's been through league one, the championship and premier league run with us, who doesn't absolutely love this man. 

Just thinking about him showing more passion and fight on cold Tuesday nights against Cardiff makes me well up.

I dont have words for some of our fans sometimes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Listen to the way those players talk about him as well and not just as a bloke but as a player. All referring to him as one of the greatest players on the club's history but plenty on here refuse to acknowledge him as a legend :facepalm:

• Like 1

For anyone who can't access the video or hear it........

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1744464/andy-king-the-team-mates?fbclid=IwAR2cc2NqvYfbi_eEeiufut79uj6MWtdiME3YpWv_-4QPZVuBtcB3fOT5D7g

In the first of a two-part feature on LCFC.com, we allow key figures in the Foxes changing room to explain Andy's immeasurable contribution to Leicester City in their own words...  

• Thanks 4

He was an academy product but I think people often forget, especially non-Leicester fans, that he wasn't a local lad and didn't support the club growing up. He was born in Barnstaple and raised in Berkshire (I believe) and didn't even join us until aged 15 but he played like a local lad and showed the passion, desire, commitment and will to win for the club that many of us in the stands would have if blessed with the opportunity to play for LCFC. To see this over a number of years was an absolute pleasure. He adopted the club as his own when arriving and we certainly adopted him as our own. We can only thank this legend for everything he has done for us and wish him all the best in his next move  

Just watched that video.  Need to find the Optrex now to get all that grit out of my eyes.

For all the naysayers who diss this bloke on here they need to watch that.  Three things Struck me as to just how much of an influence he has been at the club over the years.

The obvious appreciation of his talents and endeavours on the pitch from his peers

All the academy players saying what an inspiration he was in helping them to make the step up and how he was the first to reach out and welcome new players, and the clincher (i think it was Kasper who said it) - 

Even when the club signed players that he knew would probably come before him in the pecking order, he didn't change, welcomed them and got on with the job.

If this guy does not get snapped up by someone there is no justice in the world. I just hope that he comes back someday as academy coach or some such.  He is Mr Leicester City, a legend and because of that someone the youngsters would look up to. 

Hopefully the club can do something significant to honour him.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, davieG said:

For anyone who can't access the video or hear it........

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1744464/andy-king-the-team-mates?fbclid=IwAR2cc2NqvYfbi_eEeiufut79uj6MWtdiME3YpWv_-4QPZVuBtcB3fOT5D7g

In the first of a two-part feature on LCFC.com, we allow key figures in the Foxes changing room to explain Andy's immeasurable contribution to Leicester City in their own words...  

Thanks! I was struggling to find it.

Shame that his time at the club has to come to an end. I think it can be too easy to forget where we came from, even though it's not long ago. King was such a crucial part of getting us to where we are today, and his name will rightfully be etched into the history of the club forever.

All the best, Andy King.

21 minutes ago, Corky said:

You can see from that video why the club kept him for a long time- welcomes the new players, helps the youngsters, never seemed to cause a moment's trouble.

For sure and you can tell Wes plays a similar role too, but there's always people saying get rid he's past it. Not realising what a crucial role he still plays in the dressing room.

46 minutes ago, Corky said:

You can see from that video why the club kept him for a long time- welcomes the new players, helps the youngsters, never seemed to cause a moment's trouble.

I think that Matty James is probably similar and why he's so popular. 

Part 2

Andy King leaves Leicester City this summer after a wonderful 16-year spell which enabled him to win titles in the Premier League, Championship and League 1.

Since his debut in 2007, King made 378 appearances for the Foxes, scoring 62 goals, as the Club was transformed from a side competing in the third tier of English football to one capable of glory in the most celebrated league in the world. However, his impact at Leicester City was felt off the pitch too, most notably by the youngsters emerging through the Academy.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1751504/andy-king-the-academy-graduates

Who knew he was so funny?

"Kingy as a person is very funny. He’s a bit of a comedian... he’s got some one-liners!

He’s just an open, warm person and he’s got a great sense of humour.

I realised that he’s hilarious too. 

Kingy off the pitch is probably the funniest character I’ve come across in football. If you ask the boys, they’d probably say the same thing. He’s got such a dry sense of humour. 

He’s a funny guy too. He’s always having a laugh around the training ground and making people smile.