Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trumpet

Andy King to leave at the end of the season

Guest Harrydc

This was a little tribute video I made back in 2016. What a legend and servant he has been for our club. He deserves a testimonial. 

Legend.

Legends don't always have to be the best players, it's about the contribution over their time and King has been part of everything great to happen to us in recent years, whether that be on the pitch in the championship or more off the pitch in the premier league. Helped build this club to what it is now, never complained too much as far as we know, and accepted the club has outgrown him.

I remember how happy I was when he scored against Everton on the title-lifting day, perfect ending to the perfect season. There was a period when I thought he was quality, goal-scoring midfielder who made a massive difference to us. Shame he's never quite made it at top level and hope is able to settle somewhere and get some consistent football. If I was him i'd be looking at MLS or something for a challenge.

So disappointing he won't get the send off he deserves in the stadium, for now at least. Good luck Kingy.

From the days in the Championship and League 1, where a Andy King 25 yarder was one of the highlights of the season.

To the days in the Premier League, where despite not being at his best, still came up with iconic moments, like his goal in the 4-2 win against Man City and his goal in the 3-1 win against Everton.

What a player, what a servant, what a journey.

:kingy:legend!

Random memory but remember being sat in the Kop on a dreary Tuesday night under Sousa. Think we beat Cardiff 2-1. He scored, and turned to us all beating his chest. Oozed passion in a team that lacked plenty of it.

He's been there through everything. 

Why did a little air just go out of my balloon?  All good things end, football careers more quickly than most.  Kingy will succeed at whatever he does next.  And I’m very happy with our current #10; hope he sticks around.

I’m too old to wear these things to Cleveland SC anyway ...

IMG_8155.JPG.97eec2f16eed633b0d5c00ef0dfc1de5.JPG

… just suddenly feels like I’ve been round the block, not so much a newb any more.   :unsure:

• Like 1

It is not often these days that player gives his best years exclusively to one club. In Andy's case all 16 of them. His LCFC journey has taken him from academy teenage wonderkid to elder statesman throughout which time he has been a shining example of professionalism. Always a team player who accepted that in latter years his was becoming a supporting role rather than a starring one. Never spat his dummy, said a word out of line or blotted his copybook on or off the field. His has been a unique journey, one unlikely to ever be repeated. Lg1 Championship and PL winner with the same club, top scorer from midfield, capped 50 times, CL etc etc.

There should be a life size picture of him at the academy and all new recruits first assignment should be to learn his story and pledge to aspire to his standards of professionalism and loyalty. In fact the academy player of the year trophy should be named the Andy King trophy.

Nothing but best wishes and hope he still gets a few years more as a player somewhere before ultimately coming home in some capacity

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A really good player at times, some wonderful goals but most importantly, someone we could be proud of. Never went moaning to the press, never seemed to cause trouble and seemingly loved by all team-mates.

Deserves his medals and a new start.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The goal he scored against Swansea in 2015 to secure the win is a highlight for me. No one mentions that game much but for me it was one of the best and most tense atmospheres ever at Leicester. The celebrations for his goal which secured the win were mental as the goal sealed the win but also I think everyone then knew we were going to stay up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leicesterseddon said:

Been stealing a living since we’ve been in the Premier League.

Been a lucky beneficiary of the club’s culture of sympathy contracts, would have been cut adrift anywhere else a long time ago. 

Legend my arse. 

Don’t know if you’re being serious. He’s not the greatest player we’ve ever had but would we be where we are now and have won the premier league without his part in the story over the last fifteen years. No one can say for sure but for me he played a big part.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Been stealing a living since we’ve been in the Premier League.

Been a lucky beneficiary of the club’s culture of sympathy contracts, would have been cut adrift anywhere else a long time ago. 

Legend my arse. 

*Don’t rise to the bait, don’t rise to the bait* 

• Like 2