Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trumpet

Andy King to leave at the end of the season

Great servant to the club. Scored some vital and memorable goals for us and wish him all the best for the rest of his career. For those saying he's been kept on for too long, he could have left us when we were in the championship to play in the Premier league but chose to stay and the rest as they say is history. 

He’s going to be a brilliant brilliant signing for a championship club. Only 31 yrs still got 3-4 years left as a very decent championship footballer. 

Honestly gutted to see him go. Forget about his exploits as a footballer here for a sec, I think we can all agree that he comes across as a genuinely lovely guy who has a lot of love + respect for the club. 

Really hope he’s back with us one day as a staff member. Maybe manager, who knows. 

I'd love to see some kind of permanent recognition of former great players at the KP. I'm not suggesting a statue or anything like that for Kingy , but surely there's something we could do. 

Rename the 1884 bar to Kings bar?. Just a thought. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

I'd love to see some kind of permanent recognition of former great players at the KP. I'm not suggesting a statue or anything like that for Kingy , but surely there's something we could do. 

Rename the 1884 bar to Kings bar?. Just a thought. 

I always thought a load of face sculptures of former greats embedded in the stadium wall would look good with a plaque under each and would be relatively inexpensive

Shilton

shilton sculpture.jpg

4 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

Looks like he's caught mixomitosis.

Well I know what it is but I haven't a clue what it would look like on rabbits never mind humans lol 

On 18/06/2020 at 22:11, Strokes said:

You don’t think his goal against West Ham that sparked the great escape was important then? Or his goal against West Brom in the title winning season?

You’d have to be some kind of miserable halfwit, no make that a quarterwit, to harbour some kind of ill feeling to Andy King and be a genuine Leicester fan.

:appl:

Add to that his huge season to haul us out of League 1

• Like 1

On 18/06/2020 at 22:11, Strokes said:

You don’t think his goal against West Ham that sparked the great escape was important then? Or his goal against West Brom in the title winning season?

You’d have to be some kind of miserable halfwit, no make that a quarterwit, to harbour some kind of ill feeling to Andy King and be a genuine Leicester fan.

By your definition anyone who scored a goal in a retrospectively important game is a club legend then?

I would agree he played his part in getting us out of League One, but that's the lowest-raked season in the club's entire history.

In the Great Escape season, he started 16 games - he scored two goals, with zero assists.

In the title-winning season, he started only 9 games - contribution two goals, and two assists.

Since signing his FOUR-YEAR contract in the summer of 2016, he has only made the first XI not much more than a dozen times.

Any rational assessment shows he's been nothing more than a makeweight for years. I repeat again - he has been stealing a living.

2 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

By your definition anyone who scored a goal in a retrospectively important game is a club legend then?

I would agree he played his part in getting us out of League One, but that's the lowest-raked season in the club's entire history.

In the Great Escape season, he started 16 games - he scored two goals, with zero assists.

In the title-winning season, he started only 9 games - contribution two goals, and two assists.

Since signing his FOUR-YEAR contract in the summer of 2016, he has only made the first XI not much more than a dozen times.

Any rational assessment shows he's been nothing more than a makeweight for years. I repeat again - he has been stealing a living.

A very simplistic and not thought through response. I didn’t say those goals were why he was a legend although they are certainly a contributing factor.

By your thought process, in 2014/15 we only had one central midfielder not ‘stealing a living’ and we sold one of the offenders for £35m a couple of seasons later.

Clown 🤡 

Edited by Strokes
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 20/06/2020 at 11:19, leicesterseddon said:

you're just a wrong'un

• Like 1

I believe he was under used & underrated....

Since he hit the first team,his best und most Dynamic Games were as  either AMidfield, or just behind Front 2...

Ranieri never grasped the attacking Force of Leicester in his 2nd season.

He kept putting Kingy either es an Holding midfielder,or sometimes a 2nd DM,playing far too deep.

Kings strengths was in attacking mode or driving forward...Like against Swansea or Everton,in the title year.I just mention these has 2 examples,he played

more than his share of Top & above avg. Games..

Oh !!! once and for all,its not about the assists,they actually as stat that show very little. A Good midfielder will get his ratings in his all round play,Plus more times and not how often he initiatives the move,his assists to the assist,and driving forward. King looked lost,when asked to hold back.

Coleman of Wales also dropped King deeper....Where IMO he was hit & miss....

Person once said, Kingy doesn't hold you the game,hes the One who can push it forward or suddenly turn up in or around the box...

He could of and should of had more games under his belt,and could Wasser quickly see a move...I remember a few times under Ranieri,

& Why we struggled,King would get the ball see the pass,Vardy/Another strikers blocked off, but nobody Else making themselves available who was pushing forward...

Its been a set in virus, since the title...though our Quality of movement has improved,we still Take up or Run into  partners space,or we become static with

everybody only looking at Vardy as the go to when other teammate was available....At The beginning of this season Maddison & Tielemans were able to Move

für ball quicker..1-2s were Working at pace....

We seen under Puel before, where Puel tryed and get the players moving and yes he was right, we lost the intensity...and now similar periods under Rodgers...

Its not a Problem slowing the game down,pass the ball around a bit, but those periods of Holding the ball without intensity or driving forward,have become Too

Long & regular....

When King played AM the movement was there...!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I believe he was under used & underrated....

Since he hit the first team,his best und most Dynamic Games were as  either AMidfield, or just behind Front 2...

Ranieri never grasped the attacking Force of Leicester in his 2nd season.

He kept putting Kingy either es an Holding midfielder,or sometimes a 2nd DM,playing far too deep.

Kings strengths was in attacking mode or driving forward...Like against Swansea or Everton,in the title year.I just mention these has 2 examples,he played

more than his share of Top & above avg. Games..

Oh !!! once and for all,its not about the assists,they actually as stat that show very little. A Good midfielder will get his ratings in his all round play,Plus more times and not how often he initiatives the move,his assists to the assist,and driving forward. King looked lost,when asked to hold back.

Coleman of Wales also dropped King deeper....Where IMO he was hit & miss....

Person once said, Kingy doesn't hold you the game,hes the One who can push it forward or suddenly turn up in or around the box...

He could of and should of had more games under his belt,and could Wasser quickly see a move...I remember a few times under Ranieri,

& Why we struggled,King would get the ball see the pass,Vardy/Another strikers blocked off, but nobody Else making themselves available who was pushing forward...

Its been a set in virus, since the title...though our Quality of movement has improved,we still Take up or Run into  partners space,or we become static with

everybody only looking at Vardy as the go to when other teammate was available....At The beginning of this season Maddison & Tielemans were able to Move

für ball quicker..1-2s were Working at pace....

We seen under Puel before, where Puel tryed and get the players moving and yes he was right, we lost the intensity...and now similar periods under Rodgers...

Its not a Problem slowing the game down,pass the ball around a bit, but those periods of Holding the ball without intensity or driving forward,have become Too

Long & regular....

When King played AM the movement was there...!!!

Absolutely. Too many judge King on his role late in his career, as a CDM, but that was never his position. Even a world class CAM like Lampard looked shit playing a more defensive role for England. I also have to say that it was really bad taste by the club to force King to give his no10 Jersey to Maddison. I hope he has a very successful time at his next club.