Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Watford Post Match Thread - 1-1

surprised the comments are so negative

In the circumstances I thought we did pretty well.

Pearson out-managed Rodgers with his tactics but city were the team with more skill.

Kasper was very good - other than his complete lack of defensive management but that goes without saying after all these years. 

Justin fit in well and was probably out best outfield player

Evans and Soyuncu were solid against a big and fast watford attack where Deeney continues to defy logic in the air.

Chilwell defended Sarr well given that Sarr is amazingly quick and going forward he was good capped off with a great goal.

N'Didi wasn't so good but still broke up a lot of plays, he gave up the ball a couple of times though

Youri was okay without doing much good or bad.

Maddison played a few incredible passes and kept the ball down well on his shots

Albrighton gave the ball away too many times but he ran around and had that one great shot.

Barnes didn't do anything badly but he didn't do anything good either (like YT)

Vardy looked good in the first few minutes but rarely saw the ball later. BR seems to have forgotten how to use him.

Demarai came on and was a game changer. Great display by him and his passes were excellent.

Iheanacho came on and looked very good in the few minutes he was there

Hamza came on a put himself about.

Watford are a better team than their position suggests their weakness was defence but NP has made them solid there. they'll not go down which is a shame as I'd have liked Sarr and deofeulou

Overall a fair if disappointing result which will look good if followed with 2 wins and bad if followed with 2 losses.

I'll go for the former

Watford for me looked like the better side. We do lack physical strength though. 

Overhead kick in the middle of the box, during a corner. 🤔

Must say, the players are looking very lean. Come on lads...Bring on the next game

Edited by iqzmohammed

Gutted to concede after we thought the game was woe, Chilly's strike deserved to be a match winner.

A draw however was probably the correct result.

We weren't going to be world beaters on game one, hopefully we'll get back to our best against Brighton.

Lots of players off it today, room to improve, some positives, thought Gray had a decent impact when he came on.

Not too annoyed really. First game back, against Nige and a resurgent Watford. Losing it would have sent out a big flashing beacon that we could lose our spot. Some good stuff, some rubbish stuff.

If it had been before Covid I'd have been a bit more miffed but it is what it is. 

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Annoying as hell. But for those saying 'typical Leicester', then you have a bad case of confirmation bias.

My Dad couldn't wait to phone me up and say just that - miserable old sod! Next time I'll accuse him of confirmation bias. ;)

Just now, trabuch said:

My Dad couldn't wait to phone me up and say just that - miserable old sod! Next time I'll accuse him of confirmation bias. ;)

It's basically the same material as the 'ever obliging Leicester City' stuff. It only exists when it happens, never noticed the countless times it doesn't.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FIF said:

surprised the comments are so negative

In the circumstances I thought we did pretty well.

Pearson out-managed Rodgers with his tactics but city were the team with more skill.

Kasper was very good - other than his complete lack of defensive management but that goes without saying after all these years. 

Justin fit in well and was probably out best outfield player

Evans and Soyuncu were solid against a big and fast watford attack where Deeney continues to defy logic in the air.

Chilwell defended Sarr well given that Sarr is amazingly quick and going forward he was good capped off with a great goal.

N'Didi wasn't so good but still broke up a lot of plays, he gave up the ball a couple of times though

Youri was okay without doing much good or bad.

Maddison played a few incredible passes and kept the ball down well on his shots

Albrighton gave the ball away too many times but he ran around and had that one great shot.

Barnes didn't do anything badly but he didn't do anything good either (like YT)

Vardy looked good in the first few minutes but rarely saw the ball later. BR seems to have forgotten how to use him.

Demarai came on and was a game changer. Great display by him and his passes were excellent.

Iheanacho came on and looked very good in the few minutes he was there

Hamza came on a put himself about.

Watford are a better team than their position suggests their weakness was defence but NP has made them solid there. they'll not go down which is a shame as I'd have liked Sarr and deofeulou

Overall a fair if disappointing result which will look good if followed with 2 wins and bad if followed with 2 losses.

I'll go for the former

I'd pretty much go along with that, though I might be a tad more critical of the midfielders and Chilwell. All very understandable given the circumstances though, and I actually thought we looked sharper than some sides have. We shouldn't get too down.

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Wow "diabolical" is a bit harsh don't you think? 

Looked laboured with every touch, gave the ball countless amount of times (including his 50 head that went out for the corner we conceded from) and gave away a lot of needless freekicks.

His worst performance of the season.

Understandable given the circumstances of course, but he needs to improve.

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The English Roberto Carlos:

DCvOLgF.gif

Who just like Roberto Carlos, isn't the best at defending! Great goal though!

That angle from behind him is perfect. Foster had no chance.

• Like 2