Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Watford Post Match Thread - 1-1

15 minutes ago, FIF said:

surprised the comments are so negative

In the circumstances I thought we did pretty well.

Pearson out-managed Rodgers with his tactics but city were the team with more skill.

Kasper was very good - other than his complete lack of defensive management but that goes without saying after all these years. 

Justin fit in well and was probably out best outfield player

Evans and Soyuncu were solid against a big and fast watford attack where Deeney continues to defy logic in the air.

Chilwell defended Sarr well given that Sarr is amazingly quick and going forward he was good capped off with a great goal.

N'Didi wasn't so good but still broke up a lot of plays, he gave up the ball a couple of times though

Youri was okay without doing much good or bad.

Maddison played a few incredible passes and kept the ball down well on his shots

Albrighton gave the ball away too many times but he ran around and had that one great shot.

Barnes didn't do anything badly but he didn't do anything good either (like YT)

Vardy looked good in the first few minutes but rarely saw the ball later. BR seems to have forgotten how to use him.

Demarai came on and was a game changer. Great display by him and his passes were excellent.

Iheanacho came on and looked very good in the few minutes he was there

Hamza came on a put himself about.

Watford are a better team than their position suggests their weakness was defence but NP has made them solid there. they'll not go down which is a shame as I'd have liked Sarr and deofeulou

Overall a fair if disappointing result which will look good if followed with 2 wins and bad if followed with 2 losses.

I'll go for the former

If you want to stay positive about the result, can I suggest you give FIF's post a miss?

1 minute ago, shailen said:

Chilwell was a great outlet today in the absence of Ricardo. Encouraging to see. Even if he hadn't scored, his all round contribution was fantastic. His stamina and energy are absolutely assume. Proper duracell bunny like. 

Was our best player without doubt 

• Like 2

Gutting to throw it away, we've a tougher run in than most around us so could be a big 2 points to lose.

Good that we looked miles fitter than them and most of their good moments came from one of ours going brain dead for a couple of seconds. Looked fit but not quite mentally there so lacked crispness. 

But we were bullied far too easily, was disappointing how weak we looked at times and the goal came from them just bullying their way to the goal after we scored. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Pretty scandalous how BT were talking as if Chilwell is already a Chelsea player, even directly talking about how Lampard can coach him and improve him! 

You know what's coming when the pundit says 'with all due respect to Leicester'. Weird how people are brainwashed into thinking that a player will always improve once they go to a 'big' club. Looking at recent big transfers, has Maguire improved? Mahrez? Kante? Still if Rio believes a rooky coach like Lampard can improve Chilwell more than Rodgers then I guess he must know what he's talking about :rolleyes: or perhaps he just wants to appear to be knowledgeable in front of the masses. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

If you want to stay positive about the result, can I suggest you give FIF's post a miss?

Why?

Anything @FIF said wasn't exactly untrue or unnecessarily harsh?

You can be positive about the result (1 point gained, didn't lose, had some good spells) but also be critical and not overly-so. Saying Ndidi was diabolical is probably a post you want to miss. 

In fact yours is probably a post that should be missed lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, LestaAl said:

Corners, why do we bother. Doesn’t matter how big the opposition is , we are still hopeless at them.

6 goals conceded from set-pieces this season. 

16th ranking out of all teams this season.

Bear in mind 'set-piece' includes free-kicks, I do not think it is as bad as you make out...

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why?

Anything @FIF said wasn't exactly untrue or unnecessarily harsh?

You can be positive about the result (1 point gained, didn't lose, had some good spells) but also be critical and not overly-so. Saying Ndidi was diabolical is probably a post you want to miss. 

In fact yours is probably a post that should be missed lol 

Not at all - it was all pretty much what I thought too.

I just found his initial line about being surprised at peoples' negativity, followed by his gradual (and accurate) exposition that half our outfield didn't turn up, pretty funny. Wasn't meant as any kind of personal attack.

Edited by turtmcfly

That's what anticipation tends to do.

I thought they deserved to win, overall they were better, really well organised, closed out a lot of our space and had more energy. They snuffed out our wide play totally. 

In the parallel 2020 universe without Coronavirus, I feel we'd have been happy with that result had it have been our next game played in the unchanged timeline. 

Schmeichel was excellent, 2 fantastic saves and with his hand about another 5 cm's closer on their goal, he could have saved that one too, hey ho. 

I thought JJ was good and although I can understand he had to balance his runs forward, both with and without the ball, with his defensive responsibilities, we did miss that Ricardo extravagance and danger, obviously. 

Chilwell's goal, goal of the season contender. 

It's tricky to be too critical, save that for tuesday night if we don't look better. 

Edited by Danny Clender