Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Watford Post Match Thread - 1-1

38 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Wow "diabolical" is a bit harsh don't you think? 

Diabolical....

The negatives on this forum,

For the First Game back with Corvid-19,still in the air,no crowd..!!!

thought both Teams played reasonably well. Twist & turns through the whole game...

:crylaugh::celebrate: So Bloody Funny Two players that always get too much unfair OTT critic on this so called " Leicester supporters forum"

Were the positive Headliners today..

Ditto for Dawson on the Watford side....

• Like 3

Just now, fuchsntf said:

Diabolical....

The negatives on this forum,

For the First Game back with Corvid-19,still in the air,no crowd..!!!

thought both Teams played reasonably well. Twist & turns through the whole game...

:crylaugh::celebrate: So Bloody Funny Two players that always get too much unfair OTT critic on this so called " Leicester supporters forum"

Were the positive Headliners today..

Ditto for Dawson on the Watford side....

It is the manner of the draw, a real sucker punch... but I think when people calm down they will see it has a fair result and not a bad point 

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It is the manner of the draw, a real sucker punch... but I think when people calm down they will see it has a fair result and not a bad point 

Leicester fans always take too long to calm up,so calming down is an Hayleys Comet Type of event..:ill:

20 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...can't agree with that!!!

We are incredibly poor from corners, you know when we get one it is more a chance for the opposition to break on us, as any stats for the last 5 years will tell you. 

we are better than a couple seasons ago and further back but agree that I always worry about being broken on more than I believe we are going to get something ! 

I wonder if it's just being a Leicester fan or maybe just a football fan but when we scored with a few minutes to go I still wasn't confident so I whacked a bit of dosh on the draw at 12/1.  I'm not proud of that but just had a 'feeling'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I wonder if it's just being a Leicester fan or maybe just a football fan but when we scored with a few minutes to go I still wasn't confident so I whacked a bit of dosh on the draw at 12/1.  I'm not proud of that but just had a 'feeling'.

How are you going to spend your £12 winnings? 

lol 

Obviously dissapointing to concede at the death especially as it was Dawson who earlier had stuck his arm in Caglars face when he was set up for a headed goal.

Sweet goal from Chilly, a brilliant save from Kasper,  and Demarai played well and changed the game when he came on.

Watford have the second best home record in the prem and both teams had great chances so can't complain.

• Like 1

I'd forgotten how much I'd missed the roller coaster of emotions! Nervous throughout. Looking okay.....then not so okay. Chilwell 1-0 - euphoria! Equaliser 93 mins - devastation! Would have taken the draw at the start, or back whenever it was supposed to have been played. Feel like I've been to the game. Just wish we could see out 5 mins with a 1-0 lead. 

Although we'd have taken a point before the game, after going ahead on 90 minutes our inability to see the game out was disappointing. A point gained, or two lost? Time will tell, but had we held on that 'gap' would have looked like a chasm for the chasing pack. Rather than slamming the door shut we have left it slightly ajar, so the nail biting will continue. As we are so often forced to say - "typical Leicester".

Didn't deserve to win, but we were probably the better side on balance. Both goals came out of nothing, it is what it is.

I thought we'd probably be just about assured of top 4 if we got to 63 points, that's one point in the right direction. If Sheffield United don't win both of their next two games and we win on Tuesday, the gap is at least 8 points and could be as big as 10 points, and then of course Chelsea play Manchester City so the gap to 4th could be increased too.

A big confidence boost for Chilwell and Justin will be very welcome given one was in shaky form prior to the postponement, and the other is starting his first real run at PL level. Pleased for Demarai Gray too, although time will tell if he can finally turn a corner.

Praet, Perez and Gray all in with a shout for Tuesday.

Guest ttfn

The goal came from one of the few times we switched the play quickly. It was all too ponderous before Iheanacho came on and finally we had somebody providing another option to pass to.

Against well-organised sides like Watford you have to move the ball quickly. We just didn’t do that at all until the last 15 minutes.

This isn’t Albrighton bashing but it’s glaringly obvious that someone who can contribute goals and assists from the right side has to be the priority this window.

MA was poor, so was Harvey, and we know we can’t rely on Gray (who was very good today) or Perez to play there as 30-35 game starters

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

This isn’t Albrighton bashing but it’s glaringly obvious that someone who can contribute goals and assists from the right side has to be the priority this window.

MA was poor, so was Harvey, and we know we can’t rely on Gray (who was very good today) or Perez to play there as 30-35 game starters

Yes we need 3 or 4 quality and I mean quality players including a striker. 

• Like 1