Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Crystal Palace (04/07) Pre-Match Thread

We have to start winning soon 2nd half against Everton was encouraging some great play that we’re used to watching but unfortunately lacking the final finish of a goal, JV will hopefully score today get that damn elusive 100th premier league goal out of the bloody way and get back to what he does best !

We defiantly need to start winning with Chelsea a point away and having wolves at the door nipping at our heels it’s time to sort their shit out and win all our last few games, so today I’ll not predict the score I’ll just hopefully get to watch the game from work so hoping for a couple of hours to be left alone to either cheer or get upset !!

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS AND ALL THAT 💙🦊

8 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I remember the Dutch national team in the mid 1970s 1-10.Total football yipee!

We’re rubbish at total football get back to what we look good at! Iheanacho behind vardy and bring Perez on if need be later on. I’m sick of this 433 rubbish 😂😂

Guest An Sionnach
2 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

We’re rubbish at total football get back to what we look good at! Iheanacho behind vardy and bring Perez on if need be later on. I’m sick of this 433 rubbish 😂😂

I'm a 3-5-2 man myself , Bennett gets a game and adds another six footer to the team.

19 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I'm a 3-5-2 man myself , Bennett gets a game and adds another six footer to the team.

You know Man City are the shortest team in the league? Not saying height can’t help and actually I like the thought of trying 352 also but there was a study recently that I can’t be bothered finding that showed there is zero correlation between a teams’ height and performance. X

• Like 1

2 up front

forget the width

Attack attack attack

Through balls 

low balls

use our players quick feet

Leicester win

please.

11 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

You know Man City are the shortest team in the league? Not saying height can’t help and actually I like the thought of trying 352 also but there was a study recently that I can’t be bothered finding that showed there is zero correlation between a height and performance. X

That’s what I tell women 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest An Sionnach
8 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

You know Man City are the shortest team in the league? Not saying height can’t help and actually I like the thought of trying 352 also but there was a study recently that I can’t be bothered finding that showed there is zero correlation between a teams’ height and performance. X

Maybe, but we show little threat in the air. I do remeber quite recently when Bayern thrashed Barcelona somebody said it was down to Barca being dominated in the air.

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Maybe, but we show little threat in the air. I do remeber quite recently when Bayern thrashed Barcelona somebody said it was down to Barca being dominated in the air.

Yeah I understand and obviously height can help but when the study was carried out a couple of years ago the tallest teams were West Brom and Huddersfield and the shortest were Man City and also Liverpool were 4th shortest. Empirically, according for the study there was statistically zero significance on results of height. X 

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Christ god help us if Albrighton is anywhere near the team, never mind at right back. He is not a defender. He makes stupid fouls and his positioning is awful.

Hes also a player that looks very uncomfortable actually trying to play football. He only moves in 4 directions and his only move is to kick the ball high into the box, usually for the keeper to catch. 

Can definitely see him starting with Zaha on that side vs Justin unfortunately. We should just bin off wingers tbh, our wing play is indescribably shite.

45 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Yeah I understand and obviously height can help but when the study was carried out a couple of years ago the tallest teams were West Brom and Huddersfield and the shortest were Man City and also Liverpool were 4th shortest. Empirically, according for the study there was statistically zero significance on results of height. X 

Tall average players will do better than small average players across a team re the height advantage at set plays - but if you have a small team of above average players then that will, over the season, prevail 

physical size alone will not cover for poor technical ability 

• Like 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

Tall average players will do better than small average players across a team re the height advantage at set plays - but if you have a small team of above average players then that will, over the season, prevail 

physical size alone will not cover for poor technical ability 

Which is exactly my point. Shoving a 6 footer in simply because he is 6 foot is pointless. 

Palace at home was the last game I managed to get down to. What a ****ing horrible day it was as well. Was shitting through the eye of a needle because I’d had a few the night before, had to sit on a luggage rack on the train down and got a pint spilled on me in the pub before. Didn’t think it could get much worse then were served up a Claude Puel masterclass. 

Today cannot be any worse, at least. 

• Haha 1

We keep going on about this one is must win this one is must win but for ****s sake this one really is must win.

Fed up of Palace rocking up here and turning us over what is it 1-7 to them in the last two games at the KP?

1 hour ago, FIF said:

2 up front

forget the width

Attack attack attack

Through balls 

low balls

use our players quick feet

Leicester win

please.

Mad crosses would be ridiculous against Palace's 4 centrebacks

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I have seen a similar study that reaches the same conclusion but about penis size. 

I carry it around with me in nightclubs.

edit - beaten to it.  :(

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am hoping for a few things t drop for us early today and therefore going for an optimistic:

3-1 Leicester

Vardy double and Soyuncu.

Crystal Palace will be a very difficult team to beat, but I think it is time our luck changed and a few things fell for us. Hopefully the catalyst for a winning run and getting over the line.

Keep the Faith. :)

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Why am I looking forward to this game?! Makes no sense right now lol

It's that constant pre-match feeling I have all the time as well lol 

That hope that today it will click and the last 3 games will really be all put in the past...