Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Crystal Palace (04/07) Pre-Match Thread

13 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If Harvey Barnes is a "winger" then I'm from Pluto . He is a striker , let him play there , he could still do double figures this season.

Played 1 scored 1 as a striker this season against Wigan, wouldn't harm to try him there again but I'm sure we'll go for the easy option and just drop the only player who's scored goals for us in 2020.

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

I think it’s the way to go, Chilwell seems to be worrying too much about what’s behind him when he’s in the final 3rd.

Think he could be dangerous if he isn’t caught in two minds and just goes for it down that flank.

Agreed, he has the pace and stamina. He can't do it all down that left hand side. With Ricardo out they are relying on Ben to get forward but that risks us getting caught it defence. He needs some help down that side definitely.

22 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..2 - 0 down at half time, I was shocked that Rodgers felt it was necessary to bring him on, as it was touch and go if he could make the game, in the first place.

Why risk exacerbating his injury, which could leave him out for months, in a game where, we were struggling to get a foothold.

can only assume they didn’t realise how bad it is .... he shouldn’t have even been on the bench ! Perhaps that shows how desperate rodgers sees our situation despite the public persona .....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

can only assume they didn’t realise how bad it is .... he shouldn’t have even been on the bench ! Perhaps that shows how desperate rodgers sees our situation despite the public persona .....

..Radio Leicester were commentating on how gingerly he was moving, when he came on!!!

I am sure someone mentioned an injection but I wasn't too sure.

30 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

There is still a difference. For the players their routing at home will be similar. I imagine away games are an absolute pig at the moment as you are encouraged to travel the same day. 

As a reason for e.g. not starting Iheanacho, this seems somewhat confected

3 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Not sure if this is a 'yer da' opinion like the Chilwell-Barkley laughing thing, but just look at the gallery of training photos that the club have posted today ahead of this game.

You've not won in 4 winnable games, 3 league games against crap sides, you went 2-0 down after 15 against Everton, and today every single player appears to be smiling as though we've just won the league.

Is it just me or do this group of players just not get it?

Are these faces serious enough for you?

• Haha 2

If Maddison is definitely out I'd go with this...

Kasper

Evans - Soyuncu - Bennett

Justin                                            Chilwell

Ndidi

Praet - Tielemans

Perez - Kelechi

Decided against natural wingers even if it does give us some width because pummelling them with crosses is something they just practice defending against all day every day in training. Having the extra centre-back will perhaps give us some protection if they catch us on the break?

Not sure about starting Vardy. Not only is he off form but he won't get much space in behind their defence as I can just see them happy to sit back, contain and break, as well as probably not getting many touches in/around the box, being isolated and just generally looking like he'll have a poor game. 

Don't mind if Barnes or Perez start.

Regardless of formation or personnel, we have to start quick and gain that control and dominance from the beginning like in the first half of the season. There's a time for the laboured approach and it's not at the start of the game.

Just realised we are on Sky One for this, most of the nation has Sky One these days, I just hope we can put on a reasonable performance and win in what could be a bigger than usual viewership. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..Radio Leicester were commentating on how gingerly he was moving, when he came on!!!

I am sure someone mentioned an injection but I wasn't too sure.

Perhaps they had left the needle in? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Just realised we are on Sky One for this, most of the nation has Sky One these days, I just hope we can put on a reasonable performance and win in what could be a bigger than usual viewership. 

I’m not looking forward to this and I think they’ll do us over again. Wouldn’t be surprised if Benteke gets his annual goal tomorrow and ...

Brendan says after  “I thought there was improvement in the second half, much better press, we’re a young side, there a good side, well organised, we should have had a penalty, there are a few things we need to worrrrk on” usual excruciating effin claptrap. 

17 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Only around 8 million houses have Sky One. The amount watching will be less than a million. Something around the 800k - 1.2m mark in the UK

Edited by Eskay

5 minutes ago, Eskay said:

Only around 8 million houses have Sky One. The amount watching will be less than a million. Something around the 800k - 1.2m mark in the UK

It could be on in the pubs, well all except in Leicester :ph34r:

• Like 1

Don’t want to be a negative nelly, but I’m gonna be.

Probably less enthused about this game than I have been for any game in years.

I’m anxious about seeing same sh*t we have been seeing for the last 3 weeks, it’s just utterly depressing watching us piss away the fabulous opportunity we‘ve created for ourselves.

So, so hope I’m proved wrong.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 3