Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Crystal Palace (04/07) Pre-Match Thread

Being realistic..... We won't smash these. I'm hoping we can scrape a win. But they're organised. Well drilled and tactically aware of how to beat teams like us. 

We are out of ideas. Since the restart we have scored 2 goals...one was a worldy from a defender and the other hit the striker in the face and went in. 

I don't see Vardy getting a hatty.....but hoping an early goal will help us.

We are due a centre back scoring aren't we?! 

5 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

Serious issues if we don't win today - they have nothing to play for we are going for a huge prize  - the attitude and performance must be there today. 

Agreed there will be serious issues if we don’t win but don’t underestimate Palace! (it seems we have been underestimating our opponents for a long time) hence the results, Palace have an outside chance of finishing 7th.

But you are right the attitude (mentality) and performance needs to be spot on today. The players need to realise the clubs future is at stake, we need champions league football if we want to progress.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I hope so. I do think though that the fans on here turning on Rodgers out of frustration is verging on lunacy.

Could be a toxic atmosphere down there today if we don’t win convincingly. The boo boy brigade will be out in force

BR must now dare to make a difference. The Foxes still have everything in their own hands. Ricardo is irreplaceable. JJ is just a stopgap measure.

That's why we need to make a fresh start now, before it's really too late. 

Schmeichel

Albrighton Evans Söyüncü Fuchs

Ndidi

Praet Maddison Barnes

Nacho Vardy

• Haha 1

Guest Mee-9

Have to see a good performance and a result to go with it.

Huge game this, however I’m not feeling too optimistic. 

I Expect quite a few changes in personnel

perhaps a version of West Ham away 

maybe wes and Fuchs at the back ....possibly a three with wing backs (albrighton instead of JJ)

no surprise to see wilf rested with hamza in 

Brendan should decide to go for three points today and leave Arsenal to look after itself ...... but I suspect he will do it the other way around! 

Guest An Sionnach

We should win this today , we are better than they are. However if we do ffs don't get carried away again as if we are going to walk the CL. We are going to have to fight our way to the line and every match will probably be closely fought.

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We should win this today , we are better than they are. However if we do ffs don't get carried away again as if we are going to walk the CL. We are going to have to fight our way to the line and every match will probably be closely fought.

You don’t get the bipolar nature of football forums ???

Christ god help us if Albrighton is anywhere near the team, never mind at right back. He is not a defender. He makes stupid fouls and his positioning is awful.

Hes also a player that looks very uncomfortable actually trying to play football. He only moves in 4 directions and his only move is to kick the ball high into the box, usually for the keeper to catch. 

• Like 1

We'll have to rest players and palace will be licking their lips at the prospect of paying us.

They have tough players who will dominate the middle of the park then sit back and lure us higher up the pitch until the centre backs are on the halfway line then counter us at speed.

When we're out of form the limitations of our squad are massively exposed.

Guest An Sionnach
10 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

4-4-****ing-2 please 

I remember the Dutch national team in the mid 1970s 1-10.Total football yipee!

Edited by An Sionnach