Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Crystal Palace (04/07) Pre-Match Thread

5 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Actually, I was not thinking of wing backs for precisely the reason you mentioned.  I actually don’t mind this suggestion:

Except I would keep Vardy and have Perez on the bench and perhaps I would have Tielemans instead of Hamza.

We'd get slaughtered down the flanks in that system without proper wing-backs. Fuchs and Soyuncu would have no protection against Zaha and Townsend.

49 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Does having a fancier dressing room than the opposition make that much difference?

No you’re right. I forgot home advantage has pretty much been nullified. 

I was caveatting my opinion waiting for the ‘but we’re at home’ responses. 

Edited by Leeds Fox

17 minutes ago, Ricey said:

We'd get slaughtered down the flanks in that system without proper wing-backs. Fuchs and Soyuncu would have no protection against Zaha and Townsend.

Well, we would otherwise bottle it anyway so might as well try this. We do need Barnes to track back and Albrighton to almost play wingback. 

1 hour ago, Angus Scott said:

Why does everyone want Albrighton in their team - he's garbage

It is because we are so desperate for the ball to move forward. At least he whips crosses in and early and adds variety; better than just sideway or backward passes and then eventually losing the ball with not even having gone into the final third.

• Like 1

Not sure if this is a 'yer da' opinion like the Chilwell-Barkley laughing thing, but just look at the gallery of training photos that the club have posted today ahead of this game.

You've not won in 4 winnable games, 3 league games against crap sides, you went 2-0 down after 15 against Everton, and today every single player appears to be smiling as though we've just won the league.

Is it just me or do this group of players just not get it?

6 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

It is because we are so desperate for the ball to move forward. At least he whips crosses in and early and adds variety; better than just sideway or backward passes and then eventually losing the ball with not even having gone into the final third.

When was the last time we scored from a cross?

I think if we buckle down we can still get into Europe. Against Palace, we are still a team in 3rd place and need to start fast and attack from the start with an attacking line up. We are not in the relegation zone fighting for a point and these conservative, defensive team selections and slow probing starts need to be stopped. Having said that is it worth starting Iheanacho and bringing Vardy on in the second half? If Vardy does start he needs to stop this energy conservation nonsense Rodgers has instructed him to do and terrorise and hassle defences which is what he's best at. If he can only last 60 minutes so be it. Vardy needs as much coaching from Rodgers as Suarez did which is bugger all, they both know their jobs despite him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

MUST WIN.

And I mean it as Man U aren't looking like they are gonna lose any of their remaining fixtures. We need 3 points here.

I ****ing hate that quote 'MUST WIN' Every game is a must win!!!!

26 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Not sure if this is a 'yer da' opinion like the Chilwell-Barkley laughing thing, but just look at the gallery of training photos that the club have posted today ahead of this game.

You've not won in 4 winnable games, 3 league games against crap sides, you went 2-0 down after 15 against Everton, and today every single player appears to be smiling as though we've just won the league.

Assume you never laugh or smile with friends then? 

34 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

In the midst of a pandemic, my company is mostly on 80% pay, the outlook is awful but we have a laugh when in the office. 

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

i cant believe people didn't see how much trouble madders was in on Wednesday.  he wasn't even able to take a corner!!!!

Neither were the players that actually took them....

Did we ever beat the first man with one? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

No you’re right. I forgot home advantage has pretty much been nullified. 

I was caveatting my opinion waiting for the ‘but we’re at home’ responses. 

Sure - I just picked a couple of examples on the same page.

There's been plenty of more of it e.g. 'we shouldn't play Ndidi and Mendy together at home', which from my point of view is the equivalent of 'you shouldn't punch yourself in the nuts in TK Maxx'

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

When was the last time we scored from a cross?

Barnes vs Villa

Ricardo vs Birmingham

Chilwell vs Chelsea

Off the top of my head, just before lockdown.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

Does having a fancier dressing room than the opposition make that much difference?

There is still a difference. For the players their routing at home will be similar. I imagine away games are an absolute pig at the moment as you are encouraged to travel the same day. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

i cant believe people didn't see how much trouble madders was in on Wednesday.  he wasn't even able to take a corner!!!!

..2 - 0 down at half time, I was shocked that Rodgers felt it was necessary to bring him on, as it was touch and go if he could make the game, in the first place.

Why risk exacerbating his injury, which could leave him out for months, in a game where, we were struggling to get a foothold.

Guest An Sionnach

If Harvey Barnes is a "winger" then I'm from Pluto . He is a striker , let him play there , he could still do double figures this season.