Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Crystal Palace Match Thread - 04/07/2020

Guest ttfn

How far off it must the academy forwards be that they’re not getting a look in at the moment?

9 subs and we can’t score for shit. 4 and a half games in and the only goals we have scored were a worldie from our left back and a deflection of Iheanacho’s face.

Surely worth a punt at this stage?

Palace are a tough tough side to break down but they've shown nothing going the other way. We just lack conviction and confidence so it's gonna be a real slog. Vardy in this form is like playing with 9 men, can't control or pass the ball. 

• Like 1

Thought that was a decent half aside from Vardy being dreadful.

Limited Palace to no chances which we didn't do against Watford and Brighton and our final third passing is slowly getting there.

Hook Vardy off at half time for Barnes and hope it spurs him on to do better in the next game. When your attack is blunt you can't have a striker ruining the few chances you get, he will find form but will need to find it from the bench for the next few games imo.

Guest An Sionnach

Well could have been 3-0 up , so must be making chances , Iheanacho had a certain goal there , need aerial threat so badly. 

No movement. No speed of play. Leicester’s winning style was built on foot to the floor hard work. Seems like a fading memory right now. The only thing I’ve liked about this game is Albrighton’s body language before the game. He still has the right mentality. A model professional. 

Just now, The Guvnor said:

Bizarre yellow for Chillwell, it was the Palace player who clattered into Ayew.

I was thinking that. How is it different to Perez getting smashed at the other end? 

Not terrible by recent standards but we're just incredibly ordinary. Perez has done ok, Vardy shite and Iheanacho a combination of dangerous and clumsy. 

Our games are just torture because everyone does a palace and stinks the game out knowing that is all they have to do. 

We’ve gotten into decent positions but again our final ball is dreadful, and where it’s good enough to put Vardy through, he kills the chance.

I just don’t know what the problem is.

Edited by Beechey

Just now, Russell sprout said:

Persisting with chilwell is like when Peter Taylor persisted with junior Lewis,

please someone tell me what he offers,

gets into good positions then passes sideways or backward

Just said to my son a half decent player with all that space would cause havoc. He just doesn’t know how to attack 

Drab after a reasonable start. But vardy is a shadow of himself. Nacho good on the ball. 

Lacking forward creativity as your is too deep and the safe backpass seems to be used too much. Also the general slow pace doesn't help from side to side.