Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Cardiff Play Off Semi 2nd Leg

To the folk like me who went for an ale in the concourse around 35 mins and missed the own goal and were still having a beer when Kingy put us 3-1 up immediately in the 2nd half, glorious celebrations. I lay on the deck and did the dentists chair with some equally pissed up lad, that was the pinnacle. Then it all went wrong, fcukin Kermorgant.

• Like 1

I loved that season and this was nearly an incredible night for the right reasons.

Who knows what would have happened if we'd got promoted that year...

Would the the Thais have bought a PL club shortly after?  

Edited by Stevosevic

How far off the line was the GK for Kermogant's penalty? Not excusing the Frenchman as that was brainless. I can't stand those kind of pens by anyone - unless someone does it against us and misses.

Also noticed that one of the Cardiff players went to genuinely console Waghorn before joining the celebrations, possibly was Mark Kennedy. Thought that was class, similar to Flintoff with Brett Lee in 2005.

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Steve Howard masterclass. Utterly unplayable.

I remember him grabbing the ball for (I think) a corner late on right in front of the away fans and yelling "COME OOOOOON!" Absolute hero.

Edited by Mike the Metal Ed
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

How far off the line was the GK for Kermogant's penalty? Not excusing the Frenchman as that was brainless. I can't stand those kind of pens by anyone - unless someone does it against us and misses.

Also noticed that one of the Cardiff players went to genuinely console Waghorn before joining the celebrations, possibly was Mark Kennedy. Thought that was class, similar to Flintoff with Brett Lee in 2005.

If he’d stayed on his line he would have caught it rather than having to pat it down .........forgot just how distraught waggy was that night ...

Given all that has happened since, at the time that season was huge. After years of underachievement and ultimately failure, to get to the play-offs put us back on the map and made us a Championship force again. 

Still never decided if kermo ****ing up ot having to come home on fox travel was the worst thing about that night.

Loved how we got at them that night. Howard was immense, bullied there centre backs. ****ing away goals rule being removed really ****ed us over that year.

Maybe Brendan should watch the video, could learn what a plan b could do for him. Not sure what Howard is upto nowdays tho lol

5 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Maybe Brendan should watch the video, could learn what a plan b could do for him. Not sure what Howard is upto nowdays tho lol

Runs a property firm up in the North East apparently. Top man who, aside from being one of my all-time favourite City players, has his head well and truly screwed on straight. Would LOVE to see him back in the strip for Kingy's testimonial. :wub:

http://www.platinumcapitalinvestments.com/

And to answer @AKCJ's question, he still has three of Kermit's front teeth in a jar on his office desk. :ph34r:

Edited by OntarioFox