Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Saying nacho was having a bad game rather than admitting he made an error is not good man management. Especially when everyone accept him seems to think kel was playing well 

One exception to the rule but generally he appears to be well balanced imo. 

Let’s see how the last few games go, I am getting to the point I am starting to doubt his decisions. He clearly isn’t as cleaver as he thinks he is.
I know this sounds funny but I am starting to think Burnley’s manger would be a better choice! And I can’t stand his voice.

4 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

You have to remember our team is full of players with young families, playing under the current circumstances is stressful, you risk taking the virus home. The schedule is radiculous, you're spending most of your time travelling and staying away.

Would you even want to be traveling around Europe next year? Risking bringing the virus back home? Fans or players?

It'll be the crappiest European tour ever, most of the games will be behind closed doors.

I’d like to see you post that on a Sheffield United forum lol 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

is it possible rodgers has an issue with nacho? he was taken off in other recent game's as well when playing well.

Its not just Rodgers though. Claude had even less time for him. His lack of fitness has been a constant throughout his time. Although someone like Vardy being so good doesn't help. Great for us most of the time but must feel like the teachers pet/goody two shoes if your Kelechi.

He was badly treated tonight however. It could have soured whatever relationship he has with Rodgers or the club even.

1 minute ago, shailen said:

He does a similar thing with Perez. Has Perez ever finished a full game for us? 

But neither are 90 minute players for a start, lucky if you get a good 45 out of either of them they're both erratic, though Perez has been slightly better central.

I really don’t think we should  sack him, overall it’s been a decent season but it’s obvious we’ve fallen away badly.

There does seem to be issues hence the anger everyone is feeling right now, it was horrendous this evening how we imploded after the first half was beyond belief. 
The squad needs strengthening in so many ways, too many passengers right now, our loyalty to players is commendable only it’s now holding us back, those players salaries and squad spots should go to players who will actually strengthen the squad, we are so short of options on the bench.

Rodgers was a disaster this evening along with the players let’s hope they come back fighting against Sheffield.

• Like 1

The thing is most games we’ve played since we’ve come back we’ve been in control and probably another good striker and 2 good wingers short of being a really top team.

again tonight we were by far the better team for 60mins and im numb about what I witnessed after.

i suppose in a way I’m trying to defend Rodgers but stuff it!! sack him or keep him I’m not fussed at the mo 

1 hour ago, Wet Trump said:

We had the game won, 1-0 up? Could probably have stomached the Nacho change 2 up, but to think the games won 1-0 up would be suicide.

Worst tactical substitution I have ever seen, take off a forward and bring on a defensive midfielder against the worse side I have seen this season is unforgivable. 

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, Mark said:

We improved in the previous two games after Iheanacho went off

If he had brought on Barnes and kept the same formation , we would have almost certainly have stayed in total command , striker for striker , happens all the time but what he did was totally inexplicable and even before the stupidity of Schmiecal you could see we were losing control. He will have this on his CV for ever , the media are totally dumfounded as well. 

1 minute ago, Mark said:

But neither are 90 minute players for a start, lucky if you get a good 45 out of either of them they're both erratic, though Perez has been slightly better central.

But I don't think you get a faultless 90 out of any player apart from those at the very top. Thought nacho had a good first half, he was involved in the goal and nearly put Vardy in. What was the need for any changes at half time, we looked comfortable. 

• Like 1

Is anyone else missing the fact that if Chags hadnt booted their player in the goal and got sent off we maybe, possibly, have got at least one goal back?   If Kasper hadnt bungled it up for the first goal.....

Not really management errors

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Honestly though the biggest blow is that our scouts have been working on champions league targets. This may now not be possible and we might have blown any opportunity to progress as we now have a very short window to identify players. I’d be gobsmacked if we could get the majority of our top targets now. Can’t wait for the Mcgreggor thread to come back

Guest ttfn
2 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Who would you replace him with? Who will get us to finish higher then we will this season? Think about it.

It’s not about replacing him with somebody who will finish higher than this season, it’s about who will finish higher next season - Rodgers or somebody else.

In any event it’s a moot point, it’s £50m+ to sack Rodgers and his team and I can’t imagine anybody on the board is up for throwing away that sort of money as we enter a worldwide recession.

2 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

Is anyone else missing the fact that if Chags hadnt booted their player in the goal and got sent off we maybe, possibly, have got at least one goal back?   If Kasper hadnt bungled it up for the first goal.....

It said alot when they'd scored the pen, we booted the ball away and their players were trying to get it back for us to kick off.

We gave up & they smelt blood.

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

Honestly though the biggest blow is that our scouts have been working on champions league targets. This may now not be possible and we might have blown any opportunity to progress as we now have a very short window to identify players. I’d be gobsmacked if we could get the majority of our top targets now. Can’t wait for the Mcgreggor thread to come back

The new training ground is supposed to win over all our targets. The truth is the players would still choose either;

a) the bigger club

or

b) the team offering most money..

CL qualification will only have a minor affect on who we sign.

3 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

The whole shape of the game changed at half time. We never looked like killing the game off. That's on Brendan. But yes the errors of the players can't be ignored either