Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Hammo said:

He can be as pissed off with his players as he likes but he messed up at half time with his cautious, cowardly and completely unnecessary substitution. And worse still, even when after just a few minutes of the second half it was obvious that it had handed the initiative to a woeful Bournemouth he was too arrogant to admit the error and carried on regardless.

He can only do so much from the touch line, he wasn't on the pitch. We lost that game because of Kasper and Soyuncu not Rodgers. Two mistakes and a red card is beyond a managers control.

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

He can only do so much from the touch line, he wasn't on the pitch. We lost that game because of Kasper and Soyuncu not Rodgers. Two mistakes and a red card is beyond a managers control.

No. We lost that game because we gifted the initiative to the opposition. Without doing that those mistakes would never have happened 

• Like 1

Just now, Beechey said:

What do we want from him? Everyone's asking him to be honest and in this clip he is being honest.

We are not good enough for the CL. That much has been painfully obvious for months.

I want him to admit to the fans and the players that he ****ed up. How many times can he deflect fault onto the players in the post match talk before he admits he's had us in cruise control for half a season. Every game where we come up short it's always we played well and the opposition got lucky or the starting 11 lacked motivation. It's his job to motivate the players and if we dont get a result he needs to put a fire under their asses not say we played good enough to win but didnt. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mike Oxlong said:

No. We lost that game because we gifted the initiative to the opposition. Without doing that those mistakes would never have happened 

That's just not true. If Kasper cleared the ball effectively and/or saved the shot for the second goal (which was easy to do) then we win that match. 

32 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

did he really say that? just imagine if his players heard that. 

In the context of the interview he does but the headline is click bait.

he said performances like that are no where near champs League level. We need to concentrate on playing well not where we finish. 

9 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Or it might be the wake up call they need to stop coasting to mediocrity. If he came out and said how amazing the squad was everyone would be calling him deluded, he can't win either way.

Nah.

I'd agree if they played against his instructions, but he clearly wanted to hold on that small lead knowing that his side isn't mentally strong enough. He doesn't trust them to beat an out of form bottom team. Should've manned up, held his hand and admitted that he was the one who first fecked up (happens to anyone, even the best), then try to get the players together and still aim for the maximum points left.

Right now, he's coming across as an arrogant knob just coping out and hiding behind his players. He really shouldn't let his big ego get in the way of his small head because he's going to lose the dressing room before he knows it.

Rant over.

Edited by That_Dude

31 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Making the most inept tactical substitution at half time lost us the game. 

30 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Nah.

I'd agree if they played against his instructions, but he clearly wanted to hold on that small lead knowing that his side isn't mentally strong enough. He doesn't trust them to beat an out of form bottom team. Should've manned up, held his hand and admitted that he was the one who first fecked up (happens to anyone, even the best), then try to get the players together and still aim for the maximum points left.

Right now, he's coming across as an arrogant knob just coping out and hiding behind his players. He really shouldn't let his big ego get in the way of his small head because he's going to lose the dressing room before he knows it.

Rant over.

or he knew they had 45mins to save their premiership status, they would change tactics, which they did as no way they stay the same as 1st half, so he tried to counter that & add further balance to the midfield, him taking off Nacho was not why our defence self combusted.

If he started with Praet over Nacho no one would have complained, we still had 2 up top & now 3 central midfielders to control the middle of the park, if we started Vardy, Perez, Tilly, Praet, Ndidi it would have been happy with that strong attacking side etc on the match thread, all this proves is our squad is not deep enough to cope with a few key injuries, we don't have the personnel to manage a back 3 & Chilwell might atually get some recognition from some on here.

Also Why does he need to come out & say sorry & take the blame for what we all saw unfold infront of our very eyes, he was as pissed as the rest of us.

This w/end Everton put in a shocker & Coleman owns up on behalf of the players & says we need to stop hiding behind the manager we never performed this was down to us. Palace game, Benteke got stupidly sent off end of the game to now miss the rest of the season, Roy never came to his rescue but instead he said it was inexcusable because it was a stupid rush of blood to his head, I bet Everton & Palace fans aren't wanting their managers sacked or saying no its managers fault but are instead saying bloody right why defend a moment of stupidity by a player or a very poor performance.

Edited by BKLFox
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I think he speaks well there, he is being honest for once and you can see how pissed off he is with the team. He's right though about the champions league comment. In my mind if we could put our first 11 out every week we can compete for the top four, as soon as we get injuries we lack quality and are a mid table side. 

Funny isn't he, he repeats what the fans are saying and it's reason to criticise him even more lol

58 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Wow. If he's genuinely been telling the players they're not good enough for the champions league it's not hard to see why we've looked so awful the second half of the season. What an absolute cop out

Out of context....

13 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

or he knew they had 45mins to save their premiership status, they would change tactics, which they did as no way they stay the same as 1st half, so he tried to counter that & add further balance to the midfield, him taking off Nacho was not why our defence self combusted.

If he started with Praet over Nacho no one would have complained, we still had 2 up top & now 3 central midfielders to control the middle of the park, if we started Vardy, Perez, Tilly, Praet, Ndidi it would have been happy with that strong attacking side etc on the match thread, all this proves is our squad is not deep enough to cope with a few key injuries, we don't have the personnel to manage a back 3 & Chilwell might atually get some recognition from some on here.

Also Why does he need to come out & say sorry & take the blame for what we all saw unfold infront of our very eyes, he was as pissed as the rest of us.

This w/end Everton put in a shocker & Coleman owns up on behalf of the players & says we need to stop hiding behind the manager we never performed this was down to us. Palace game, Benteke got stupidly sent off end of the game to now miss the rest of the season, Roy never came to his rescue but instead he said it was inexcusable because it was a stupid rush of blood to his head, I bet Everton & Palace fans aren't wanting their managers sacked or saying no its managers fault but are instead saying bloody right why defend a moment of stupidity by a player or a very poor performance.

Knee jerk reaction from "entitled" fans - blame the manager for players incompetence and stupidity !

• Haha 1

If he has ambitions to manage at a higher level than us (and he does) then his reputation is going to take a massive hit if we fail to make top 4 from here. Comparisons will obviously be made to Liverpool's title failure.

It's OK riding a wave of success "man-managing" the odd player who needs to tweak his game, but not once has he been able to arrest a slide or a confidence crisis.

His own ego should see him determined enough to finish strongly. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ely fox said:

I don’t agree I think we were totally in control. They were attacking and we were biding our time. They would have got desperate as time went on, we would have scored on the break with Vardy as they attacked more desperate for the win. Schmeichel totally to blame !!

You really don't think Rodgers substitutions has anything to do with it at all? I think you may be in the minority here. One conceded goal by a goalkeeper doesn't equal a 4-1 shit show. After all, Bournemouth,  a team second bottom in the league conceded the first goal, why didn't they go on to concede another 3? You can hardly blame Schmeichel for everything that went wrong after that.

1 hour ago, Speedwell 🦊 said:

He is.And I was saying how long it’s taken Klopp to sort out Liverpool.

Rome wasn’t built in a day,and for how far the clubs come on in the last few years is awesome.

Im sure if their is a weak link behind the scenes,

Top and the board,along with Brendan will address the situation.

Id have taken a top six place at the start of the season!

Judging by yesterday’s performance saying ‘Coalville wasn’t built in a day’ is more apt

I avoided FT last night, so angry with that performance I just knew this place would be toxic.

I totally understand people wanting him sacked. Our form since Christmas has been woefully poor and does raise concerns.

I would like to think its due to the players though. Perhaps getting complacent after the start of the season and falling away from Liverpool. We looked to be stuck in 3rd place and the players may have thought they had done enough for Champs League.

That 9-0 win over Southampton was arguably the worse thing to happen to us. Players believing they are bigger and better than they actually are.

Rodgers way of working was very successful at the start of the season, so its hardly surprising he is persisting with it in the hope it clicks again. The further injuries we have had hasn't helped though. 

I wouldn't go as far as sacking Rodgers. I still think he will get us clicking again. A dip in the transfer market on proper wingers might help the situation. I would certainly ask questions though if we go into next season with this same form.

It wouldn't surprise me to see us win our last 3 games, make Champs League and laugh about all this overreaction. It also wouldn't surprise me to see us get tonked in our remaining games and we finish this season with our tail between our legs. 

I just hope that Rodgers has learnt something from that game. Cause it was unacceptable. 

Champs League is overrated anyway lol 

Sacked since 2015

2015 - Pearson

2017 - Ranieri

2017 - Shakespeare

2019 - Puel

202? - Rodgers

And our team has team has got better and better technically.

This doesn’t make for good reading. Two years is currently our max. This has to be fairly poor in regards to the rest of the prem?

And it makes me suspect the problem isn’t the manager.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Sacked since 2015

2015 - Pearson

2017 - Ranieri

2017 - Shakespeare

2019 - Puel

202? - Rodgers

And our team has team has got better and better technically.

This doesn’t make for good reading. Two years is currently our max. This has to be fairly poor in regards to the rest of the prem?

And it makes me suspect the problem isn’t the manager.

There is only a few of the title winners left though - so who is the bad apple?

Kasper, Vardy, Fuchs, Morgan or Albrighton?

The club has become stale, we need a big clear out top to bottom and a manager with some balls. If Brendan cant do it get someone in who can. Like when Nige cleared out all the pathetic poor mentality shite from the Sven era, last time around.

If a player or players dont buy into the managers philosophy, then the manager needs to get rid and bring in players who do. A big summer is needed.

We need to do something very drastic here otherwise I would put good money on us being relegated next season.

Edited by Foxin_Mad

3 hours ago, Ely fox said:

Last night was not the manager’s fault it was the goal keeper’s fault. We were cruising until that stupid arrogant mistake I’m still not sure what he was thinking?! And then the team were in shock and lost it totally all evolving from our keeper’s horrendous mistake !! 

My take is we were actually quite poor in the first half but dominant against a side that looked like the worst team I'd seen us play this season, when Ake went off I thought it must be us to get the next goal which I knew we'd need, however we started cruising and the second half real complacency set in, its like we had no desire for the second goal and was happy to let them play with it which they did for the next 20 minutes. The penalty was an error but I think with our desire levels so low it didn't take much for them to get their second, third and fourth. 

This cruising attitude in matches has been apparent in games we played post lockdown, I thought we had sorted it but it definately was prevelent after we scored that goal imo, it may stem from a lack of creativity we have or a natural leader on the pitch but somethings a miss I think

3 hours ago, Ely fox said:

Last night was not the manager’s fault it was the goal keeper’s fault. We were cruising until that stupid arrogant mistake I’m still not sure what he was thinking?! And then the team were in shock and lost it totally all evolving from our keeper’s horrendous mistake !! 

On reflection now I’ve had time to calm down I 100% agree with this and now have understood Rodgers changes at half time.

It was only going to be matter of time till Bournemouth got into top gear and come onto us.

Brendan foreseen it get more defensive minded players on and wanted us to sit back, be solid, contain possession inside our own half, there was no need to go on and attack further, just defend the 1-0 lead.

If he hadn’t of done Bournemouth would have just pushed us back and it’d have been even more calamitous.

I’m not having any of these negative claims thrown at Brendan. He did what was right. The players let him down last night..

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

There is only a few of the title winners left though - so who is the bad apple?

Kasper, Vardy, Fuchs, Morgan or Albrighton?

The club has become stale, we need a big clear out top to bottom and a manager with some balls. If Brendan cant do it get someone in who can. Like when Nige cleared out all the pathetic poor mentality shite from the Sven era, last time around.

If a player or players dont buy into the managers philosophy, then the manager needs to get rid and bring in players who do. A big summer is needed.

We need to do something very drastic here otherwise I would put good money on us being relegated next season.

Ive heard from people who are in the know that kasper is very influential not just in the dressing room but within the club. Gets on well with top, rudkin , whelan etc.