Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alf Bentley

Qualification for Champions' League & Europa League

brendan will shut up shop for the first 45 mins and see how the other score is. you can't win it in the first half but you can sure lose it.

if wolves are stuffing chelsea he might try another 45 mins of defending, if they are drawing or winning or it's close he'll make us attack more.

i expect 2 defending mids, defending wing backs and maybe vardy alone up top to  start.

There is no  way he will 'go for it' from the whistle.

I've got a masty feeling it will look good until the last 10 mins and then either man utd score or chelsea and we have to  suddenly go into  attack mode and can't.

I am of course assuming chelsea lose tonight.

Edited by Swiss_tony
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Swiss_tony said:

brendan will shut up shop for the first 45 mins and see how the other score is. you can't win it in the first half but you can sure lose it.

if wolves are stuffing chelsea he might try another 45 mins of defending, if they are drawing or winning or it's close he'll make us attack more.

i expect 2 defending mids, defending wing backs and maybe vardy alone up top to  start.

There is no  way he will 'go for it' from the whistle.

I've got a masty feeling it will look good until the last 10 mins and then either man utd score or chelsea and we have to  suddenly go into  attack mode and can't.

I am of course assuming chelsea lose tonight.

It will be nervy but i'd take a draw with 10 mins to go, anything better being a bonus.

12 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

If Chelsea draw once, we have to win to overtake them - they're currently a point ahead of us.

Just to clarify, if Chelsea lose twice then both us and Man U can finish above them. But if Chelsea draw either one of their games then they are guaranteed top 4 because us and Man U can't both finish above them.

So a draw for Chelsea tonight sees them qualify for next season's CL.

7 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Just to clarify, if Chelsea lose twice then both us and Man U can finish above them. But if Chelsea draw either one of their games then they are guaranteed top 4 because us and Man U can't both finish above them.

So a draw for Chelsea tonight sees them qualify for next season's CL.

They're only 3 down...

• Haha 1

Fascinating options on sunday.

man utd only need a draw for CL regardless of other results.

chelsea need a win, in case we win

we need a win, in case chelsea win.

wolves need a win. in  case spurs win.

Basically wolves and chelsea have to  go for the win, so it should be an open game.

We are going to be in a tight game because man utd don't need to win.

0-0 draw for us, and a 1-0 win for wolves, squeak into CL on GD.

• Like 1

Interesting to see how United approach the game given that a draw would be good enough for them to qualify for the CL. They are clearly a better team when they are going forward and have a mistake or two in them at the back. Might work in our favour and even more so if Chelsea fall behind against Wolves. Time for the minnows (Leicester and Wolves) to bite the big boys in the ass. Still have a real fear that VAR will intervene to save their necks though.

The mathematicians will let me know if I’ve got this wrong but there are a limited combination of results possible on Sunday 

For Chelsea, 87% of these get them CL (7 out of 8)

for yanited, 75% of these get them CL. (6 out of 8 ) 

For us, 50% of these get us CL

Or is it 9 in which case we drop to 45%, Chelsea drop to 77% and united are also 77%  .... I’m getting confused now .....

Edited by st albans fox