Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Luke55

Ayoze Perez

6 minutes ago, dormelcfc said:

Personally, I like Ayoze. He's got a good touch and awareness which is far more suited to the no. 10 role where we've seen a lot of his better performances. It's abundantly clear he's not a winger though as he's not really got the pace or positional sense to play there.

Think the price tag has raised expectations somewhat which I can understand to a degree with him being a £30m signing. 

He definitely brings something to the squad though and we always look worse when he doesn't play.

Industry, awareness, and his first touch are his greatest strengths. He's being done a disservice through being played out of poor position.

Leicester City striker Ayoze Perez has made a plea to Spain coach Luis Enrique.

Perez admits he was disappointed to again be ignored for La Roja during this week's internationals.

He told Radio Marca: "Luis Enrique has not called me, I am not going to deceive you, I am a little disappointed with that issue, it seems that the Premier League is not given the value that it has, it is a dream that I have to fulfill to reach the national team.

"As a Spaniard, just in case I say so, I would like to be taken into account more, it is very difficult to compete here in the English league and I consider that I have been very regular, a figure between 12 or 15 goals could help more to be visible, but playing regularly here is very difficult."

On the Premier League, Perez added: "I believe in my personal opinion that no league competes with the Premier League, I feel that every year this is the best league, I would say that it is the NBA of football."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sly said:

He’s also a 10 and not a winger. 

I agree he looks better centrally, but whatever he is, he was signed to play wide right.  Rodgers said so publicly.  

He also played most of his Newcastle career on the right so it's just not true for people to say that he is played out of position.

11 hours ago, Sly said:

Leicester City striker Ayoze Perez has made a plea to Spain coach Luis Enrique.

Perez admits he was disappointed to again be ignored for La Roja during this week's internationals.

He told Radio Marca: "Luis Enrique has not called me, I am not going to deceive you, I am a little disappointed with that issue, it seems that the Premier League is not given the value that it has, it is a dream that I have to fulfill to reach the national team.

"As a Spaniard, just in case I say so, I would like to be taken into account more, it is very difficult to compete here in the English league and I consider that I have been very regular, a figure between 12 or 15 goals could help more to be visible, but playing regularly here is very difficult."

On the Premier League, Perez added: "I believe in my personal opinion that no league competes with the Premier League, I feel that every year this is the best league, I would say that it is the NBA of football."

Represent Spain 🤣🤣🤣 . What an inflated opinion he must have of his limited abilities, it's doubtful on occasions that he's good enough to play for Leicester let alone Spain!

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 3

Can we get a proper RW in before Burnley please? I like Perez but I think he should be used as a bench option, played centrally in a different formation or used in lesser important games. He links play up well though, I just think he's a square peg in a round hole as someone has already said, it would be nice to have a proper winger out there for once.

We can all speculate when Under will start, maybe Sunday against Burnley? Right wing? (nothing political)

But, will this free up Perez to his preferred position?

Now, what is his preferred position?

Could he play the Firminho false 9 position in time?

Rodgers is inspired by Liverpool, for obvious reasons, could this be a game changer?

3 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

We can all speculate when Under will start, maybe Sunday against Burnley? Right wing? (nothing political)

Rodgers is inspired by Liverpool, for obvious reasons, could this be a game changer?

For that to happen, someone else has to be dropped. I can't see Maddison, Tielemans or Vardy being dropped for Perez.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BrokenRecord said:

From what I gather, Perez is right footed? Would it not be worth a go to try him on the left, Under on the right? Both of them cutting in and making space for castagne and Ricardo on the wings, and therefore having more bodies in the box to attack the ball from Ricardo and Castagne. 

Harvey Barnes is an actual winger though, and despite what some might say, he’s quite a good one bar his finishing. It would make more sense just to play players in their actual positions - but seems too simple for Rodgers that. 

I don’t actually know what Perez’s best position is I still can’t work it out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

For that to happen, someone else has to be dropped. I can't see Maddison, Tielemans or Vardy being dropped for Perez.

Absolutely.

None of them, when fully on it, are droppable, which is lovely.

Do you reckon it could be a Plan B?

I'm a fan of Perez and would love us to find him a consistent position.

He frustrated me last week, first touch, vision, dependability etc. 

4 minutes ago, Manini said:

Harvey Barnes is an actual winger though, and despite what some might say, he’s quite a good one bar his finishing. It would make more sense just to play players in their actual positions - but seems too simple for Rodgers that. 

I don’t actually know what Perez’s best position is I still can’t work it out. 

it's the classic Rachel Miles conundrum. 

48 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Our weakest player miles and miles. That's not to say he doesn't have some qualities, but this guy is a lower half of prem player....and we aspire to more

Yeah I think unfortunately when everyone is fit he's the weak link. Nothing against him more just an indication of the strength of our first 11 now.

1 hour ago, Danny Clender said:

If we're hoping that Perez will be a game changer I think we'll be waiting a long time!

What would you play a false number 9 when you've got a real one who just happens to be the golden boot winner? He's miles off being remotely the standard of Firminho and I think Liverpool have better in their u23s. Do you think he'd score enough goals? Bar his goals against at the time very poor Southampton and West Ham sides, his goals to game ratio was pretty poor tbh as it was at Newcastle bar a half decent 12 in his last season there out of three.

Why would we even play him behind Vardy either when we've got Maddison, Iheanacho or even Barnes? The first two are streets ahead of him. 

For me he's bench at best now with perhaps the odd cup appearance on a wet Wednesday night against Peterborough where, likely or not, he'd get bullied. For me he's more surplus to requirements than Gray but, I doubt he'll go as it would be a big transfer mistake admission and I doubt there'd be a queue of potential buyers.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

If we're hoping that Perez will be a game changer I think we'll be waiting a long time!

What would you play a false number 9 when you've got a real one who just happens to be the golden boot winner? He's miles off being remotely the standard of Firminho and I think Liverpool have better in their u23s. Do you think he'd score enough goals? Bar his goals against at the time very poor Southampton and West Ham sides, his goals to game ratio was pretty poor tbh as it was at Newcastle bar a half decent 12 in his last season there out of three.

Why would we even play him behind Vardy either when we've got Maddison, Iheanacho or even Barnes? The first two are streets ahead of him. 

For me he's bench at best now with perhaps the odd cup appearance on a wet Wednesday night against Peterborough where, likely or not, he'd get bullied. For me he's more surplus to requirements than Gray but, I doubt he'll go as it would be a big transfer mistake admission and I doubt there'd be a queue of potential buyers.

Agreed, fair assessment. 

Vardy definitely starts, which remains the original sentiment.

Firminho's scoring figures have been discussed to death, so unsure of that question.

If Under gets a good start, Perez is definitely a bencher, but could it actually help everyone out in the long run if Perez finds his spot?

• Like 1

Given where we’re trying to get to, for me, he’s a sub / second 11 player. Should feature in the cup games and for rotation but no more than that. 

That being said, he wasn’t bad for the first half of last season when we were firing, so let’s not paint him as useless. He just tailed off as can be said for the majority of the squad.