Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Luke55

Ayoze Perez

He's decent enough but still not convinced by him, it hardly helps being played out of position for most of the season. He's so weak it's unbelievable, a plastic bag has a bigger physical presence.

We badly messed up failing to invest in wingers last summer, Sarr or Saint Maximum would have been decent signings.

7 minutes ago, Cameron Davidson said:

Hi Demarai, I agree it must get frustrating not being able to get into the team ahead of him, but such is life. 

You laugh but I believe Gray offers more than Perez. If he had the opportunity that Perez has had his stats would be better. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, frany104 said:

You laugh but I believe Gray offers more than Perez. If he had the opportunity that Perez has had his stats would be better. 

You are probably right, however Gray strikes me as a person that only plays well when he has something to prove. When he starts regularly, he seems to fall back into complacency. Just my observation and probably wrong. 

12 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Seems a bit weird why to turn on him now. He’s been an important player in midst of good bits over the last three games. Important link between midfield and attack. Presses in the right places of the pitch. 

Barely an important link, role yes, but he’s far from pulling weight. Not that the other are mind you. I’d say he’s lingering around the edge of people’s patience 

Edited by bfox
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

While I think we're all aware 30 million was too much, I quite like him and he was finding some great pockets first half yesterday. Loves dribbling straight into folk, though. Same with Kelechi who I really like but seems to perennially have the ball stuck under his feet.

I hate all of em.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

He's a decent player but he's not quite as good as we need. I'm hoping he'll come good eventually. 

Unfortunately I don't think he will get any better. He has shown throughout his career that this is his ceiling. I like him and he's a decent player but we need better if we are serious about future top 4 challenges. 

9 minutes ago, bfox said:

Barely an important link, role yes, but he’s far from pulling weight. Not that the other are mind you. I’d say he’s lingering around the edge of people’s patience 

Dunno - he virtually got us the goal yesterday like. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Unfortunately I don't think he will get any better. He has shown throughout his career that this is his ceiling. I like him and he's a decent player but we need better if we are serious about future top 4 challenges. 

I think you're probably right. 

My problem with Perez is he's afraid to get involved and has no fire in his belly.

He trys to play a safe and simple game, and if he's dispossessed he moans at the ref instead of trying to win the ball back.

Nope...he should not have started yesterday..and shouldn't start again until he can prove he can raise his game.

19 minutes ago, ultrafox said:

My problem with Perez is he's afraid to get involved and has no fire in his belly.

He trys to play a safe and simple game, and if he's dispossessed he moans at the ref instead of trying to win the ball back.

Nope...he should not have started yesterday..and shouldn't start again until he can prove he can raise his game.

Aye yeah, dispossessed Gosling getting stuck in yesterday. Drove the ball twenty yards and put Kelechi in on goal. Vardy scored seconds later. 

Wouldn’t call that afraid of getting involved. No Perez no goal yesterday. 

EDIT: Just looked at our first goal against Palace, have a guess who the player is who receives the ball, feeds it into Tielemans for the cross. 

Yes, Perez. 

Doesn’t get involved this lad

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

He's better in the middle as we saw yesterday. We wouldn't have scored without him winning the ball back.

It's a shame that we've seen so wide right all the time.

I know he sometimes played here for Newcastle but more often than not he was often playing off their main striker.

Edited by Fox92

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Aye yeah, dispossessed Gosling getting stuck in yesterday. Drove the ball twenty yards and put Kelechi in on goal. Vardy scored seconds later. 

EDIT: Just looked at our first goal against Palace, have a guess who the player is who receives the ball, feeds it into Tielemans for the cross. 

Yes, Perez. 

yeah.... MOTM...

my point is hes not doing enough imho.  I see him far too often trot around.

A one point early in the game we had a throwing on the right. I think it was Justin wanting to take a quick throw in and Perez was slowly trotting away with his back to the ball.

I was screaming at the TV and Perez.

....and then Nacho gets taken off at half time.???? 

Not good enough.

38 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yes, Perez. 

No point mate. People see what they want to see.

• Like 1

Think he's looked good whenever played centrally. Struggled out wide because he lacks any real pace but he's also linked up with Ricardo pretty well at times throughout the season out there.

He's not a winger and why we bought him to play there is baffling, but I definitely like what he brings to us overall.

Guest An Sionnach

Ayoze has plenty of skill and a sharp brain . Ayoze has little pace and little strength. Football is a contact sport and without protection he struggles. With Nacho on the pitch he gets some of that  and , as in the first half yesterday , makes a useful contribution. Second half , no protection , no good.

It is noticeable how many posters on this thread appear to have failed to notice another turnover from Ayoze last night, leading to a goal. Admittedly what came in the 2nd half does dominate my memories, but those tackles and interceptions are literally gold dust in modern football, and his pressing is relentless.

Like Shinji, he is very effective for us when we don't have the ball, by helping the whole team press properly, but I think he is getting on the half-turn quite nicely in the No 10 role, finding the pockets and linking our attacks. Obviously he will always be bullied physically, but in the center he is harder to nail down, perhaps because he is less predictable than he is on the wing.

I like him, although I do recognise he is a lightweight with little pace, in a side that are not blessed with a great deal of physicality.

• Like 2

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

Is £30 million really that much pre virus? We paid £12m for a reserve keeper

looking at his stats the return has been decent.

Edited by foxestalkisfullofidiots

8 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yes, Perez. 

Also pressed and won the ball from the Sheff Utd defender so Maddison could put the ball through to Vardy to score at their place

Yet Gray who only ever performs off the bench with 20 minutes left to play and has never had more than 5 goal contributions in a season for us is the better player