Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Luke55

Ayoze Perez

Can someone please explain why we paid 30 million for this guy?

He gives the ball away and has 7 goals and 4 assists (3 goals vs Southampton) which frankly for that price is not good enough!!

He continues to start every game so clearly our management team are not watching the same game as the fans. 

• Like 2

Chilwell isn’t playing so we need a scapegoat.

He made the goal yesterday by winning the ball back(which he does quite often) he linked up play well, and playing behind-l a front 2 seemed to be working.

2nd half like all of them he was poor, I personally think he’s done pretty well in the 10 role whilst Maddison has been out. Not amazing but a 7 out of 10. 

2nd half they were all a 3!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

As Newcastle themselves have done.

Have to agree. Who would you fear more, Perez or Saint-Maximin?

I don't really know what Perez's strengths are. A good tackler for an attacking player is about it. Isn't that quick. Doesn't score too many. Doesn't hold the ball up. Can't beat a man. Physically weak. Just a painfully average player who was never worth close to what we paid - admittedly the latter not his fault.

A very good example of why buying from other Premier League clubs is a mistake.

• Like 2

Perhaps I am expecting too much from him especially considering all our wingers have been poor this season. 
I agree he is not suited to the wing like a few have said but I also do not think he is good enough as a number 10 and taking us forward!

He really frustrates me but then so do most our our squad right now.

Newcastle do not seem to miss him

Edited by Luke55

13 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Firstly, we didn't pay £30m for him. If we did, the club would have announced it as a club record signing.

Secondly, is it just me that thought he was our best player yesterday?

Yuri?

Who intercepted the ball that lead to our goal yesterday?

You can moan about the fact he’s lightweight but so was Shinji Okazaki.

Perez is far better in the number 10 role, than he is when played as a right winger.

He presses, he gets himself in good areas and he links well with those around him.

If some fans didn’t notice this against Crystal Palace and the first half yesterday, then please click on the following link.

https://www.specsavers.co.uk

• Like 2

He's a support striker, even when has played central its more of a midfield position. I think he shows some really good bits of play and can be really good on the half turn. He's also good on the press sometimes and knicks the ball similar to the way Okazaki used too. He isn't a midfielder and he isn't a winger, he's a 442 striker for me. He just never looks like he's going to score unfortunately and I think his "flexibility" is going against him. I feel a bit for him but he wasn't what was needed in the summer.  

Ayozers is just one of the many players we pay a fat chunk for and play in a role they obviously don't fit into.. Slimani at CAM comes to mind. I think he has had an alright season, his best moments came from the middle and particularly links up well with Nacho. Very lightweight though, I am up for giving him another go next season as long as we buy a top class winger.

44 minutes ago, Luke55 said:

Can someone please explain why we paid 30 million for this guy?

He gives the ball away and has 7 goals and 4 assists (3 goals vs Southampton) which frankly for that price is not good enough!!

He continues to start every game so clearly our management team are not watching the same game as the fans. 

Hi Demarai, I agree it must get frustrating not being able to get into the team ahead of him, but such is life. 

• Like 1