Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Luke55

Ayoze Perez

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Poor in what way?

What did he do wrong, or what didn't he do?

I think he was fine. Nothing special but also not 'poor'. 

Offers nothing. Got played in one on one and a terrible first touch meant he got tackled. Should’ve made it 1-0. He’s just average. Replace him with a proper winger and we are in business. He’s a squad player at most.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Offers nothing. Got played in one on one and a terrible first touch meant he got tackled. Should’ve made it 1-0. He’s just average. Replace him with a proper winger and we are in business. He’s a squad player at most.

Just didn’t really do anything tbh. Runs about and presses sometimes. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

He's an overpriced squad player for me. 

We need someone with more pace and who is less predictable on the ball. 

He just doesn't do enough, too much of a luxury player. 

Agreed  ... apart from the luxury player bit, he's more a bargain basement or Asda 'expired date sell quick' shelf type player.

Ahh so here’s the new top scapegoat. Like others have said he’s a good contributor but he’s certainly played out of position.

Would be excellent if we could get a quality winger (or two?) then we could rotate him and Maddison around the central attacking role.

In my opinion that would give us more depth in that position and not knacker either player out. 

18 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Ahh so here’s the new top scapegoat. Like others have said he’s a good contributor but he’s certainly played out of position.

Would be excellent if we could get a quality winger (or two?) then we could rotate him and Maddison around the central attacking role.

In my opinion that would give us more depth in that position and not knacker either player out. 

He doesn't play as a winger as such, but an inside forward on the right of a three. You're right that he has looked better centrally and you make a good point that he could be an option there if we rest Maddison, but on the right he's the weak link and offers next to nothing.  Compare his contribution to that of Barnes on the left.  That right hand side is an obvious area that we should be looking at to improve the team.

Personally, I like Ayoze. He's got a good touch and awareness which is far more suited to the no. 10 role where we've seen a lot of his better performances. It's abundantly clear he's not a winger though as he's not really got the pace or positional sense to play there.

Think the price tag has raised expectations somewhat which I can understand to a degree with him being a £30m signing. 

He definitely brings something to the squad though and we always look worse when he doesn't play.

• Like 1