Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Luke55

Ayoze Perez

8 minutes ago, Mark said:

I often think the same but we were worse when he went off, I think positionally he must be doing something right which opens things up for the right back.

I didn't enjoy us going too narrow with Maddison on for him, we started losing shape and then seemed to get carved open a few times. 

Perez was fairly poor tonight but he's one of those players that frustrates but is important to the way we play at our best. 

• Like 1

Reminds me of a more attacking Albrighton He is a two-way player, works very hard defensively, but lacks the ability to consistently create goals for himself or others, though he can finish if he is set up. A good player on the old Leicester sides, but he isn't the sort of qualitee we need on  the right. 

Wouldn't mind seeing us add a RB and move Pereira to RW at times, that may go a long way to improving goal-scoring on that side.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I didn't enjoy us going too narrow with Maddison on for him, we started losing shape and then seemed to get carved open a few times. 

Perez was fairly poor tonight but he's one of those players that frustrates but is important to the way we play at our best. 

Hopefully the signing of Under will prevent this but I'm concerned Rodgers will try to fit Tielemans Praet and Maddison in the team, probably next week at Man City. 🙄

1 hour ago, adam said:

Only reason he is playing is because we paid so much for him. No better than gray. Terrible signing.

Absolute bollocks. He's never been utilised as he was at newcastle. Gray has been deployed in many positions in the time he's been here but has always underwhelmed. If Perez was played in his preferred and obvious position he would be a different player and a massively positive inclusion in our squad/first 11.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mark said:

Hopefully the signing of Under will prevent this but I'm concerned Rodgers will try to fit Tielemans Praet and Maddison in the team, probably next week at Man City. 🙄

Really hope not, but our record vs the top 4 playing 4-1-4-1 is no better than when we have tried other systems. Maddison seems some way off the pace at the minute, needs a few more sub appearances and a cup start in the week.

27 minutes ago, vanity said:

Reminds me of a more attacking Albrighton He is a two-way player, works very hard defensively, but lacks the ability to consistently create goals for himself or others, though he can finish if he is set up. A good player on the old Leicester sides, but he isn't the sort of qualitee we need on  the right. 

Wouldn't mind seeing us add a RB and move Pereira to RW at times, that may go a long way to improving goal-scoring on that side.

Mad Dog, is that you?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

Absolute bollocks. He's never been utilised as he was at newcastle. Gray has been deployed in many positions in the time he's been here but has always underwhelmed. If Perez was played in his preferred and obvious position he would be a different player and a massively positive inclusion in our squad/first 11.

We did sign him to play rw though... we dont play the position he played at newcastle

Just now, Paddy. said:

The Perez Paradox: he seems to contribute very little when he's in the side but the team lack shape when he's not there and look more solid when he plays despite the fact he lacks physicality. It's bizarre.

It is a paradox but I see him as a very intelligent player, let down by his physique

I’ve said before, watch what he does OFF the ball to really understand his value

He is excellent at creating space for our other attacking players. I’m sure that’s why Rodgers signed him. He sees this

• Like 3

Just now, hejammy said:

The biggest annoyance for me with him is thag he pulls out of every 50-50, his commitment is sometimes lacking 

I noticed that today. There was an instance in the first half where he could have had a really good chance, but just bottled it against the defender.

I just don’t see it with Perez - no real pace, strength or skill. He shows flashes here and there, but he’s definitely one of our weaker players.

I can’t help feeling he gets far more opportunities than Gray or Kelechi without really earning them. Just my view of course, but  with Maddison back and Under to be available, I hope we see less of Ayoze. I also hope Brendan starts to manage Vardy a bit more sensibly - he’s not getting any younger and he needs protecting for when we really need him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kevin Russell said:

I just don’t see it with Perez - no real pace, strength or skill. He shows flashes here and there, but he’s definitely one of our weaker players.

I can’t help feeling he gets far more opportunities than Gray or Kelechi without really earning them. Just my view of course, but  with Maddison back and Under to be available, I hope we see less of Ayoze. I also hope Brendan starts to manage Vardy a bit more sensibly - he’s not getting any younger and he needs protecting for when we really need him.

That's probably because we paid a fair chunk for him and he may have something in his contract about game time

• Like 1