Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Luke55

Ayoze Perez

35 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

BR likes Perez for his work off the ball but with Ünder now in he will need to improve his final ball if he wants to stay in the first XI. Win win do better or find yourself on the bench. That is what we need competition for places.

..not too sure how he will fit in the first eleven!!!

If Under takes his place, which he will, then his only choice is to oust Maddison for the 10. The competition would be unfair for Perez.

1 hour ago, CyprusFox said:

Absolute bollocks. He's never been utilised as he was at newcastle. Gray has been deployed in many positions in the time he's been here but has always underwhelmed. If Perez was played in his preferred and obvious position he would be a different player and a massively positive inclusion in our squad/first 11.

We bought him to play out wide which he can't do. So it is a terrible signing. The bloke is weak and offers us very little. Sooner we get the new signing in the side the better. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Pliskin said:

In my opinion he should just be played centrally. Either a striker or behind Vardy. He works hard and is probably a 7/10 most games..... but most games he just seems to do enough and that’s it. He’d be a great squad player in short. 

I was debating his worth to us in games anywhere from  7 to 7.5/10 lol. Hard to put a number on a player though. Nothing flash, nothing overly spectacular but not crap at all.  Like many have said he is a good squad player and will definitely have some great games here and there for us.   Hope he finds the matrix mode and kills it for us though!

Seems to be a lot of revisionism based on us looking a tad ragged when he went off. 

That is not always the case, that’s one game. 

This is said as someone who has backed him heavily, but he’s wildly inconsistent and certainly does not make us tick. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, adam said:

We bought him to play out wide which he can't do. So it is a terrible signing. The bloke is weak and offers us very little. Sooner we get the new signing in the side the better. 

He can play there, he played there for Newcastle. But they got the ball to him higher up the pitch and not so wide. Here the heat maps show him receiving the ball much deeper and wider. To get the best from him you need to get it to him higher up the pitch in danger areas. Because he’s got some nice link up play.

In the few games we saw him play in behind vardy last season he looked quality. He simply isnt a winger and looks just as lost out there as vardy would. I like him and think he does offer something but he is certainly the one to be dropped for Under. 

I wouldnt be surprised to see him come on as a striker quite often seeing as Kel is dating Brendans daughter 

44 minutes ago, tetly said:

Steady not spectacular, signing our new winger might work well for him. There are enough games for us to have a look at him in his best position.

Agree he is not really a winger but he works well in and around the box and is more skilful than some give him credit for. Had an influence in a couple of the goals. With Castagne and Under now providing more width hopefully we might see more of him centrally although there is a lot of competition with all the Belgian players looking good and Maddison slowly getting back.

13 hours ago, brucey said:

Perez looks really sad and lonely in the tunnel before the game :( he knows his place is ünder threat

Thought this too.. and in general, feels like he isn’t mixing too well with the other players. Not that he necessarily needs to, he maybe happy, but I feel he is not currently 

19 hours ago, brucey said:

Perez looks really sad and lonely in the tunnel before the game :( he knows his place is ünder threat

I thought that too 😔 I did notice Praet looking a lot happier though. I always thought he came across as quiet and tended to stand back a bit but he seems a lot more happy and chatty and chuffed his mate Timmy has arrived 😁

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think Under coming in for Perez is going to improve us noticeably. He was really poor again today and it happens too often.

I usually like your posts but can’t agree with this. I think he was involved in two of our goals?

He wasn’t poor and as others have said, our pattern of play went haywire for a time after he was subbed

Clever player is Pérez imo. Shame he’s so lightweight 

• Like 4