Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Luke55

Ayoze Perez

The attitude he's shown to keep working despite probably being made aware of his shortcomings at RW is brilliant, however. He tracks brilliant and although it was probably easily missed, he made some good blocks against Burnley and made sure that McNeil was doubled up on to good effect. We're obviously a team that now has the ball more often than not, so it's probably fair to say that we need attacking intent rather than defensive in his position - which Under should hopefully provide. He'll prove useful with our fixture list this season I'm sure. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

I see Perez as a versatile and hard working squad player, but not an attacking player that will worry opposition defences too much. He doesn’t get me out of my seat, but he shows some neat touches at times and based on last term, he can make a decent(ish) contribution over the course of a season.

If this is tantamount to me “scapegoating” him, then so be it. I am just stating what I see with him. My slight negativity is probably exaggerated because I think Kelechi did a lot last season to earn more of a chance and seems not to be given the same opportunities. I believe in earning your chances and being treated fairly when you have earned it on the merit of performances. 

...they played in different positions!!!

Perez was the best option we had to fulfill that role and you really can not see Nacho playing wide as he will not be effective and would be castigated even more so than Perez. I said a long time ago Nacho was in a rock and a hard place, with Vardy first choice and Madders in the 10 spot he is been squeezed in every direction.

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...they played in different positions!!!

Perez was the best option we had to fulfill that role and you really can not see Nacho playing wide as he will not be effective and would be castigated even more so than Perez. I said a long time ago Nacho was in a rock and a hard place, with Vardy first choice and Madders in the 10 spot he is been squeezed in every direction.

I saw Kel play off the right wing away at Villa in our best performance last season (scored one and created one 1st half). We also dominated at Bournemouth away in the 1st half when he created the goal for Vardy (before being hooked at H-T). BR seems not to like Kel for some reason, but he offers a lot more than Perez for me, nether are natural wingers, but from what I’ve seen Kel offers far more coming in off the right on his left foot than Perez. Game of opinions and all that - but he took his chances when he got them last season and actually I think he helps us to de-isolate Vardy and get him involved, which seems to be a huge issue for us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...