Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Tottenham Hotspur Away

13 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I didn't know Ali was out. But that lad Bergwijn is useful from what I've seen. It really depends on which Spurs turn up.

If they're at it then we'll have a difficult game. Managers always talk up the game to their team. They've really nothing to play for as I see it only pride.

Let's hope they're already on the Beach.

Very true, also depends which Leicester turns up. I think when we’re both at 100% we’re the better 11 but we’ve not got a lot of key components of that 11 at the minute. All we can do is what we did to Sheffield 😀 see how they cope with us 🤔

• Like 1

Spurs are chasing Europa league and having Kane back is a massive help.

With our back 5, erratic from and Rodgers ability for a random tactual switch or two I have no idea  how this one will play out.

just hoping we somehow snatch a win!

we do realise that as long as we don’t get a hammering, a defeat today isn’t the be all and end all of us qualifying for the CL.   a defeat means we must beat Man U next Sunday (probably by a couple goals). A win means a draw next Sunday MIGHT be sufficient but that will rely on Chelsea not beating wolves which happens at the same time. 

It’s fairly complicated and only a Chelsea win at anfield or a convincing Man U win against West Ham midweek will lift any of the uncertainty, irrelevant of today’s outcome .......

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I would be surprised if we won. Bergwijn and Son are two of the fastest, most powerful attackers in the Premier League. They will have a field day with our centrebacks, remember how Son embarrassed us last time with Maguire and Evans?

I can remember him running past Chilwell to score as if he wasn’t there ! ( not happening this time)

Would take a draw without a doubt given our record away at Spurs. That would mean a win against United would do very nicely.If we get thumped today it is going to make things very difficult as we may need to win the final match by 2 or 3 goals.

I am  not optimistic.  But then I was certain that we would lose to Sheff Utd.  Prior to that, since the restart, I had been optimistic every game.

I am  not sure that my personal optimism meter is reliable.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Decent performance, even if we come up short and I'll be satisfied. Disappointed but satisfied that we've given everything. With the injuries to key players it's going to take a massive performance to win, our best hope is to be aggressive and attack minded. Hopefully back 3 can bully Kane out of it, but I worry about Bergwijn, Son and Moura running at them. We can have success getting Vardy in behind though. 

Let's have it.

Playing 5-3-1-1 rather than 3-4-1-2 in the first half could well frustrate them like many a crap side have done in recent years. We have to cut off the space and opportunity of Son and Moura or Bergwijn running at our ageing back 3, so Thomas and Justin will need to be very disciplined.

This is all set up for retribution for Rodgers on a Mourinho side, masterclass incoming from the Northern Irishman.

If we are to get champions league we will likely need a win here. Mourinho will inevitably park the bus and try to hit us on the break. We need our creative players such as Perez and Tielemens to stand up today, to be able to break Spurs down. 

1 minute ago, MonmoreStef said:

I’d be over the moon with a draw. Sitting back above Chelsea adds to the pressure on them. Not inconceivable a point could be enough in the last two games to get CL football. 

It could be enough but we can't leave anything to chance and have to assume the worst. We need to win imo as failure by united to follow suit and we'd only need a point against them to get CL. 

2 minutes ago, shailen said:

It could be enough but we can't leave anything to chance and have to assume the worst. We need to win imo as failure by united to follow suit and we'd only need a point against them to get CL. 

understand but how valuable would that point at Bournemouth seem now ??? Maybe changes nothing but maybe mentally changes a lot.   remember that point at OT in 2016 .... those odd points are sometimes much more valuable than they seem at the time ....

Just now, st albans fox said:

understand but how valuable would that point at Bournemouth seem now ??? Maybe changes nothing but maybe mentally changes a lot.   remember that point at OT in 2016 .... those odd points are sometimes much more valuable than they seem at the time ....

The point at OT, if we had lost that game, then we'd have to drop more points to relinquish the title. This time around if we draw and united win then we'll need to beat them on the final day to overtake them. 

Like you said a point could end up being valuable, but I wouldn't take it now as we need to win to stay in the top 4 going into the final game vs United. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

we do realise that as long as we don’t get a hammering, a defeat today isn’t the be all and end all of us qualifying for the CL.   a defeat means we must beat Man U next Sunday (probably by a couple goals). A win means a draw next Sunday MIGHT be sufficient but that will rely on Chelsea not beating wolves which happens at the same time. 

It’s fairly complicated and only a Chelsea win at anfield or a convincing Man U win against West Ham midweek will lift any of the uncertainty, irrelevant of today’s outcome .......

Best case would be a win for us and Man U this round of fixtures with a Chelsea defeat. 

Means a point apiece on the last day bums the rent boys out of the equation due to goal diff.

That all said, i fancy us to be right royally humped today.

Spurs can be hurt down the flanks. They leave them horribly exposed with overlapping full backs and wide players that don’t track back. Let’s hope Barnes has his scoring boots on for once, then we will have a good day. 

1-2 Barnes, Vardy. 

• Like 1

I'm worried we will play the same back three that we did against SU. Granted, they played well but let's be honest, McBurnie and Mcgoldrick are NOT the most agile forwards in the league. With the Athletic ability and pace that Spuds have, we could be seriously punished. 

• Like 3