Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Tottenham Hotspur Away

Evans moves ok but Bennet and Morgan are very limited when it comes to dealing with quick movement... Rodgers will have a plan how to support them.

Bennett and Evans are decent on the ball tho and if even say Morgan isn’t bad either. If we control this game and manage to get a result like we did against Sheff U then Rodgers would have really earned his crust.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm worried we will play the same back three that we did against SU. Granted, they played well but let's be honest, McBurnie and Mcgoldrick are NOT the most agile forwards in the league. With the Athletic ability and pace that Spuds have, we could be seriously punished. 

Me too. But I think the squad and team would know this. I think it’s more about them staying compact and moving as one, and the midfield really closing those passing lanes. Besides I’m sure we will go pure hell for leather and just try and outscore the bastards. 

• Like 2

I think the back three is overstated depending on how high you keep the line and how narrow the wing backs play. The problem against Arsenal was the wing backs pressing so high which left three on threes. 

There’s a brilliant article on the times today saying the slower tempo of games has affected us the worse. Our pressing isn’t as effective. 

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm worried we will play the same back three that we did against SU. Granted, they played well but let's be honest, McBurnie and Mcgoldrick are NOT the most agile forwards in the league. With the Athletic ability and pace that Spuds have, we could be seriously punished. 

Depends if we try and play a silly high line like we have done a few times with Morgan. Propped up on the halfway line then as soon as we lose the ball we’d be in a right mess. I’m quite happy to let spurs have the ball and us counter. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Depends if we try and play a silly high line like we have done a few times with Morgan. Propped up on the halfway line then as soon as we lose the ball we’d be in a right mess. I’m quite happy to let spurs have the ball and us counter. 

The counter is definately the way to go in my opinion. I'm not sure Rodgers will see it that way. He likes to play possession and I hope I'm wrong but he doesn't seem to be the kinda guy who likes to admit that he is not always right, we saw that when he refused to take his portion of the blame against Bournmouth. 

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

We haven't got much choice, they are our only fit players! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We haven't got much choice, they are our only fit players! 

They dont ALL have to play though.... Play a back 4 instead of a back 3. Evan's and Morgan/Bennett protected on each side by the pace of JJ and Thomas. 

I feel like the pressure is off a little bit more now we've confirmed 5th minimum and we've responded to that Bournemouth game. 

It helps that we know we are taking it to the last game with home advantage whatever the outcome today providing we don't get smashed. 

Hopefully we still go for it, are not too cautious and start the same team we did against Sheffield United. 

Got a feeling we'll sneak it - 2-1 City. Youri, Vardy and Kane with his standard goal against us. 

Very nervous about today.

Anything but a win and we can say good bye to Chamlions League.

However its not the end of the world but its a huge failure in terms of the position we have given away.

If we had beaten bournemouth todays result wouldnt of mattered.

There has been some good displays of management and extremely poor displays of management from BR.

I still don't think he knows how to tacticly change a game to go in favour for him, instead most of the time he changes it and it helps the opposition.

Let's hope we can win today good luck 

6 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Nervous! Would not take a draw. Think we can win this, we have more desire and I think better players too.

I think player for player we most definitely do not with the elevens available ...... but we should have more motivation unless the team think they can bottle it all up for a 4-0 next Sunday ! 

Even though our current back 3 are not exactly quick and mobile if this system is played against spurs, I would say that I've been impressed with Bennett's range of passing across field since he's been in the starting eleven.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I agree. We need to be more tactically aware and the defence need to be sensible, we're just so limited at the moment I feel we have no choice but to gamble with the same back line. 

2 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Very nervous about today.

Anything but a win and we can say good bye to Chamlions League.

However its not the end of the world but its a huge failure in terms of the position we have given away.

If we had beaten bournemouth todays result wouldnt of mattered.

There has been some good displays of management and extremely poor displays of management from BR.

I still don't think he knows how to tacticly change a game to go in favour for him, instead most of the time he changes it and it helps the opposition.

Let's hope we can win today good luck 

But if we'd beaten Bournemouth we might have lost to Sheffield United or Man Utd might not have been as sluggish against Southampton and dropped points. Just the way football works when the pressure is on and there's stuff to play for. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Nervous! Would not take a draw. Think we can win this, we have more desire and I think better players too.

Better team if we had our strongest 11 out. But, it's going to be far from that today!. 

A draw would be a fantastic result, but can't see it I'm afraid .