Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Tottenham Hotspur Away

We have to sit back and soak up the pressure. Hit them on the break. Time to rewind to 2015. 

Not feeling confident for this game at all but I wasn’t for the Sheff U game where the result and performance came as a nice surprise. Please lads, we’ve sat in the top 4 for the majority of the season, this is not the time to fall out.

I have a feeling that at least one of Man Utd or Chelsea will fail to win both of their last games. The pressure will be on them too (arguably more than us) especially as they are clubs that expect to be in the CL every season. 

That said I'm very nervous for today and this game is our biggest since Atletico knocked us out the CL 3 years ago. Then next Sunday will be even bigger! The cup semi in January was the only other time since the Atleti night that I've had the feeling of a really important game. 

Edited by RutlanderFox
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

They dont ALL have to play though.... Play a back 4 instead of a back 3. Evan's and Morgan/Bennett protected on each side by the pace of JJ and Thomas. 

His playing a 3 because he doesn't think JJ is up to playing as the RB in a 4 or Morgan/Bennett are unto it in a 4. 

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

We have a strange tendency to massively overrate our opponents on here

See, I agree on the whole. Tottenham have had a pretty torrid season and they're lucky to even be sat in the top half.

However, they have certainly started to work up a little bit of a head of steam. They were excellent in the North London derby - they play like that, we probably lose. We can't take anything for granted this game, especially with their pace against our probable backline.

I will happily take a draw, because I can see Chelsea blowing it in at least one of their games.

Possibly the worse manager to play against- I really hate Mourihno ball, defensive...smug and totally not in the spirit of the game. in the position that we find ourselves in today he'll relish this...so be prepared for a frustrating afternoon, one of those games where Spurs will have one shot on goal and somehow end up winning 2-0. 

Edited by Blue Ed
  • Haha 2

Although a bit worried about the strength of our defence , if our mentality is right we may spring a surprise. The Sheff Utd game will hopefully be seen as a springboard to move us forward rather than just a one off decent performance. I’m going for a spirited 2-1 away win.

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Spurs can be hurt down the flanks. They leave them horribly exposed with overlapping full backs and wide players that don’t track back. Let’s hope Barnes has his scoring boots on for once, then we will have a good day. 

1-2 Barnes, Vardy. 

The flanks. Thomas and Justin could do well, and with decent passing from Yuri and another lethal cameo from Gray it could well be a very good match.

Aside from making absolutely sure of the Golden Boot (which I think is his already, 3 ahead with 2 games left), Vardy needs 2 more to tally his best ever scoring season in the Premier League - pretty sure he finished on 24 in the title season.

It's an incredible feat already, let's hope he's fired up on a personal level for that today.

:schmike:

Edited by OntarioFox

After Bournemouth I feel like we accepted we might not get top 4 so in a way , coupled with securing Europa League football next season, the pressure is off us somewhat so which might play into our hands. 

• Like 1

I would love to win today, but I'm pretty relaxed.  Even if we lose, we still have it in our own hands.

I see a win today as something of a luxury.  An insurance policy that we can cash in if Chelsea drop points in both their games.

Think we’ll have to play pretty deep to protect Bennett/Morgan against pace.

Probably looking at a counter-attacking style today, Tielemans will be the crucial player for us today in passing the ball forwards.

Shame we don’t have Maddison for this really but we’ll just have to get on with it. 

15 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Aside from making absolutely sure of the Golden Boot (which I think is his already, 3 ahead with 2 games left), Vardy needs 2 more to tally his best ever scoring season in the Premier League - pretty sure he finished on 24 in the title season.

It's an incredible feat already, let's hope he's fired up on a personal level for that today.

:schmike:

Even more than this, I don't believe a City player has scored 25 top flight goals since Chandler in 1930. Lineker also got 24 in 1984-85 if I'm not mistaken.

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Really strange opinion this one and seems very common.

If i were BR I would be calling today a free hit. No pressure, regardless of any results this week the big one is next week against United, where a win will put us in the CL.

Also a draw today and Chelsea losing to Liverpool and Wolves and we’re in.

No it’s a strange opinion that your seeing this as a free hit.

Having to beat Utd gives us a low chance to qualify.

I see today as huge, win today and we have to only draw vs Utd which is a huge advantage to having to force the game and win.

Utd will destroy us if they can just sit back and hit us on the counter with that pace.

Losing today it’s over effectively. Draw today and it doesn’t change much really because Chelsea won’t lose both games anyway, it’s so unlikely wolves will win at the bridge.

If we win today it means we can afford to just draw Utd but even failing to do that we’d have the hope Chelsea fail to beat Wolves. Chelsea drawing is possible, but they won’t lose. 
Its win or bust today, a draw is not a huge amount different as a lost - either way we will have to beat Utd, so today is anything but a free hit. It’s a MUST win.

Edited by deanolegend1989
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

See, I agree on the whole. Tottenham have had a pretty torrid season and they're lucky to even be sat in the top half.

However, they have certainly started to work up a little bit of a head of steam. They were excellent in the North London derby - they play like that, we probably lose. We can't take anything for granted this game, especially with their pace against our probable backline.

I will happily take a draw, because I can see Chelsea blowing it in at least one of their games.

I don’t rate Mourinho anymore but since he’s been there the table would have Spurs at 4th

1 hour ago, RutlanderFox said:

I have a feeling that at least one of Man Utd or Chelsea will fail to win both of their last games. The pressure will be on them too (arguably more than us) especially as they are clubs that expect to be in the CL every season. 

That said I'm very nervous for today and this game is our biggest since Atletico knocked us out the CL 3 years ago. Then next Sunday will be even bigger! The cup semi in January was the only other time since the Atleti night that I've had the feeling of a really important game. 

This the pressure is x10 on them compared to us

• Like 1

When you consider we (effectively) can't clinch it with a win or lose it with a defeat, some of the manic hyperbole about this game is a bit over the top.  I'd take a point right now, very gladly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1